Fence Straddlers Propose 3 Language Ahcts...

between the bridges

With a nod to Sir Humphrey and their civil service votialing base, Alliance have suggested by passing the current bickering over the 'whats in it for me act' with nat wan but three acts...

Three separate bills could be passed through the Northern Ireland Assembly to resolve the deadlock over an Irish language act, the Alliance Party said.

In its paper of proposals to break the deadlock on the Irish language issue, the Alliance Party proposes:

-a measure dealing with the Irish language;

-another dealing with Ulster-Scots and English;

-a third recognising the importance of indigenous spoken languages, regional dialects and languages and identities recently brought to Northern Ireland

Alliance Party say three language bills could break Stormont deadlock - BBC News

Further information on their website states...

Alliance's proposals -

- meet the requirement to deliver on past agreements;

- deliver language and culture legislation with cross-community benefit;

- put education and promotion ahead of cost and compulsion.

These proposals will show no issue is insurmountable with good will, courage and political leadership.

You can find Alliance's position paper on the Irish language here. https://www.allianceparty.org/article/2017/0011322/parties-know-workable-deal-on-language-and-culture-is-on-table-says-bradshaw

Now even the semi intelligent casual observer can see there is a move towards reengaging the utopian power sharing sectarian carve up assembly. The Duppers have dropped the 'no ney never' approach to Irish to replacing it within the Trojan horse of equality with Ulster Scots and the 'Culturual Act'. Shinflake have dropped the 'Arlene Out' campaign and references to RHI are as rare as hens teeth in a well heated barn.

So who win win the Tiocfaidh ár lá? The fence straddlers with 3 acts, the Duppers with 2 acts in wan or the Shin Flakes with the one jobs for the lads act... 3,2,wan...

Ó Ghabhainn

I'm with Alliance on this one.

Se0samh

With a nod to Sir Humphrey and their civil service votialing base, Alliance have suggested by passing the current bickering over the 'whats in it for me act' with nat wan but three acts...

Three separate bills could be passed through the Northern Ireland Assembly to resolve the deadlock over an Irish language act, the Alliance Party said.

In its paper of proposals to break the deadlock on the Irish language issue, the Alliance Party proposes:

-a measure dealing with the Irish language;

-another dealing with Ulster-Scots and English;

-a third recognising the importance of indigenous spoken languages, regional dialects and languages and identities recently brought to Northern Ireland

Alliance Party say three language bills could break Stormont deadlock - BBC News

Further information on their website states...

Alliance's proposals -

- meet the requirement to deliver on past agreements;

- deliver language and culture legislation with cross-community benefit;

- put education and promotion ahead of cost and compulsion.

These proposals will show no issue is insurmountable with good will, courage and political leadership.

You can find Alliance's position paper on the Irish language here. https://www.allianceparty.org/article/2017/0011322/parties-know-workable-deal-on-language-and-culture-is-on-table-says-bradshaw

Now even the semi intelligent casual observer can see there is a move towards reengaging the utopian power sharing sectarian carve up assembly. The Duppers have dropped the 'no ney never' approach to Irish to replacing it within the Trojan horse of equality with Ulster Scots and the 'Culturual Act'. Shinflake have dropped the 'Arlene Out' campaign and references to RHI are as rare as hens teeth in a well heated barn.

So who win win the Tiocfaidh ár lá? The fence straddlers with 3 acts, the Duppers with 2 acts in wan or the Shin Flakes with the one jobs for the lads act... 3,2,wan...

Just bye the bye, can anyone tell me the difference between Ulster Scots and just plain Scots....:confused:

between the bridges

Just bye the bye, can anyone tell me the difference between Ulster Scots and just plain Scots....:confused:
A wooden horse called Trojan...

former wesleyan

One is a figment of Ulster imagination and the other is a figment of Scots imagination. Happy now Chelsea ?

Ireniall

I'm with Alliance on this one.
I don't agree with Gaelic costing very large amounts of money to support such as the obscene costings for printing it in the EU nor do I want any compulsory part to it. What I'm getting fed up with though is the kneejerk Unionist opposition to it. Any new signs being produced should have the Irish in it thereby keeping costs down . Signs already in existence could be left alone. Ulster -Scots is an insult and if it is insisted on in order to allow an Irish Language Act. then I think it should be seen for the insult that it is.

Mickeymac

I don't agree with Gaelic costing very large amounts of money to support such as the obscene costings for printing it in the EU nor do I want any compulsory part to it. What I'm getting fed up with though is the kneejerk Unionist opposition to it. Any new signs being produced should have the Irish in it thereby keeping costs down . Signs already in existence could be left alone. Ulster -Scots is an insult and if it is insisted on in order to allow an Irish Language Act. then I think it should be seen for the insult that it is.

Introducing an ILA is very cheap compared to the cost of policing orange hatefests, Twadell, RHI, sectarian football games and investigating loyalist paramilitary murders to name just a few of the waste of taxpayers money in the sick counties.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies