FF and electoral strategy

ppthree

The link doesn't work by the way.

But I'd imagine the FF strategy at the moment is a bit like the choice on death row, self-administered lethal injection or firing squad.

--
full-house
predict the election, stay informed, win prizes, simple!

biteback

It's an interesting blog and the FF electoral strategy shall be interesting to witness at the next election. Its an unprecedented situation and I really hope they sink lower after the Budget. Would FF at 10% be too much to ask for just in time for Christmas?

Tullamore

It's an interesting blog and the FF electoral strategy shall be interesting to witness at the next election. Its an unprecedented situation and I really hope they sink lower after the Budget. Would FF at 10% be too much to ask for just in time for Christmas?
double it and maybe add a few percentage points but def double the ten you hoping for, cant see it going any lower than that despite the polls

Craiced

Fianna Fail ran too many candidates in the 2009 local elections and lost a number of seats as a result.

To maximise seats a party must adopt a pragmatic election strategy which is geared towards their actual election prospects.

For FF this time round, they need to slash the number of candidates they field. Single candidate strategies will be their best hope of retaining seats in some constituencies at the next election!
Examples - seats lost by Fianna Fail in the 2009 local elections.
ElectionsIreland.org: 2009 Local - Blackrock First Preference Votes
ElectionsIreland.org: 2009 Local - South West Inner City First Preference Votes
ElectionsIreland.org: 2009 Local - Limerick North First Preference Votes
ElectionsIreland.org: 2009 Local - Midleton First Preference Votes

Senior FF figures know what must be done; but do they have the ruthless streak to remove Sitting TD’s and high profile councillors the from the General Election ticket?

I have my own opinion but i'll let the FF posters answer that one first.

Tullamore

Fianna Fail ran too many candidates in the 2009 local elections and lost a number of seats as a result.

To maximise seats a party must adopt a pragmatic election strategy which is geared towards their actual election prospects.

For FF this time round, they need to slash the number of candidates they field. Single candidate strategies will be their best hope of retaining seats in some constituencies at the next election!
Examples - seats lost by Fianna Fail in the 2009 local elections.
ElectionsIreland.org: 2009 Local - Blackrock First Preference Votes
ElectionsIreland.org: 2009 Local - South West Inner City First Preference Votes
ElectionsIreland.org: 2009 Local - Limerick North First Preference Votes
ElectionsIreland.org: 2009 Local - Midleton First Preference Votes

Senior FF figures know what must be done; but do they have the ruthless streak to remove Sitting TD’s and high profile councillors the from the General Election ticket?

I have my own opinion but i'll let the FF posters answer that one first.
I agree with your assertion that we should be pragmatic and realistic. what do you mean by senior ff figures? the selection of candidates will be completed democratically...by convention and that is the voice of local members...

Craiced

Noel Ahern on news at one

Some tweets

Noel Ahern tells #newsatone there’s a growing realisation in 3/4 seat constituencies that the best strategy is to run 1 FF candidate #ge11

Amusing honesty alert: Noel Ahern says he had hoped to run again; was waiting for Pat Carey to 'blink first' and not run.Didn't happen #ge11

Noel Ahern saying that FF TD's should cop on re: running two candidates in constituencies they can only return 1

Noel Ahern says there's a growing acceptance that best strategy for Fianna Fail is to run just one candidate in 3 or 4 seater constituencies

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies