FF and Greens still talking like they believe they're the solution

Disillusioned democrat

Listening to the various snippets yesterday and last night, from Brian Lenihan, Eamonn Ryan and Pat Carey, you'd almost get the impression that FF/GP haven't realised that it is now unacceptable to the vast majority that they will continue in government once the IMF deal is done.

Pat Carey, indeed, seemed shocked when Pat Rabbitte laid into him last night, and talked about FF handing over leadership to the next government at some stage in the future, but continuing to make the hard decisions in the short to medium term.

When Cowen got in the Merc this morning I would have assumed that, having handed back the keys of the country to foreign masters yesterday that his journey would be a one-way trip to the Aras as opposed to a round trip to Dublin Airport to lap up the applause of the sycophants in DAA. To be fair, if I had earned €500+ bonuses last year like Declan Collier I'd give Cowen a big bualla bas too, but that's a seperate matter.

Surely they must realise that once the ink is dry on the "fictional" IMF bai...er, taxpayer protecting contingency fund that we all expect FF to FFeck off.

Disillusioned democrat

I refuse to let this thread die without ONE post!!!

Basically FF doing what they've dome for last 2 years, a trick learned from the master - Mary Harney - just ignore, deny and refuse to accept.

If we've every felt powerless before, it will be nothing compared to the feeling we get when/if FF are still in Gov in a few weeks when the noise has died down and we've grown used to the IMF.

Nordie Northsider

I wonder just when FF ministers will accept that criticism might just be legitimate? I mean, we've only got the return of mass emigration, the arrival of the IMF, massive unemployment and mortgage debt etc etc. And yet when FF figures are challenged they adopt the pose of one wronged by ingrates. What will it take for them even to admit they've made mistakes? A cholera outbreak? Food riots? Famine? Civil war? I can hear the Drivetime interview with Cowen now:

'Well, as regards the canibalism thing up in Mayo, we are where we are. And I don't hear anything from the oppostion to help us going forward.'

DeputyEdo

Pathetic isn't it?
It's like a doctor telling you the best way to cure your cancer is to inject more cancer into you

Kind of Blue

What do you expect though Cowen to go on national television crying and slapping himself in the face saying "i'm stupid" over and over again. I feel your asking to much of them to feel shame or start being honest now.

As Bertie said to Inda, "the only thing that matters when you get here is to stay as long as possible."

It's desperate re-writing the narrative time. They're hoping they can survive until 2012 or as long as possible towards that date and convince enough idiots that it was all the banks'/Germans'/markets'/global recessions's fault. The problem is that experience has shown us that there are enough idiots out there who will either believe this or else not care either way and stubbornly vote for them anyway.

The Opposition has to be better at landing blows on them, and that does not involve 30 minute verbose speeches from Enda Kenny...

anfieldabff

I refuse to let this thread die without ONE post!!!

Basically FF doing what they've dome for last 2 years, a trick learned from the master - Mary Harney - just ignore, deny and refuse to accept.

If we've every felt powerless before, it will be nothing compared to the feeling we get when/if FF are still in Gov in a few weeks when the noise has died down and we've grown used to the IMF.
I am going to repeat myself again, we have to get out on the streets or they will keep ignoring us. The 27th is the best day for a march, forget that it is ICTU that is organising but just get your friends togather and make your own banners, calling for a general election.
If enough people turn out they will get the message, but if we stay devided in our own living rooms then we diserve what we get.

droghedasouth

I don't accept that.

New Threads

Most Replies