• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

FF and SF the feared coalition??

johnny365

I've heard this mentioned many times with the recent surge in FF support. In many discussions many people have expressed a fear of a possible "Coalition of corruption" emerging between FF and SF after the next general election. The fear is this would bring together the country's two most corrupt political groupings. FF the gombeen party who destroyed the country and whose former leaders and senior party figures were the focus of endless tribunals.

On the other side SF/IRA who controlled the rackets and organised crime in the country for the last 30 plus years. How likely is this to happen? Would FF go into coalition with SF? Martin is attacking SF now but we all know FF in oppostion bare no resemblance to FF in government? Will this possible coalition be a disaster for the state and the final nail in the coffin?

eoghanacht

Would you emigrate if they did Johnnny?

Marcos the black

I've heard this mentioned many times with the recent surge in FF support. In many discussions many people have expressed a fear of a possible "Coalition of corruption" emerging between FF and SF after the next general election. The fear is this would bring together the country's two most corrupt political groupings. FF the gombeen party who destroyed the country and whose former leaders and senior party figures were the focus of endless tribunals.

On the other side SF/IRA who controlled the rackets and organised crime in the country for the last 30 plus years. How likely is this to happen? Would FF go into coalition with SF? Martin is attacking SF now but we all know FF in oppostion bare no resemblance to FF in government? Will this possible coalition be a disaster for the state and the final nail in the coffin?
neither would ever get into govt again if they did...

Bren Boru

Yes, FF and SF would coalesce but not until G Adams steps down.

FF can't be see to have anything to do with him and his murderous background.

eoghanacht

No and try dealing with the OP!

With shrieking madness like 'Will this possible coalition be a disaster for the state and the final nail in the coffin?'

How can you expect to be taking seriously? How would it destroy the State Johnny?

johnny365

Yes, FF and SF would coalesce but not until G Adams steps down.

FF can't be see to have anything to do with him and his murderous background.
Maybe so, could a possible Trevor Sargent like situation with the FF/Green coalition be possible here?

johnny365

With shrieking madness like 'Will this possible coalition be a disaster for the state and the final nail in the coffin?'

How can you expect to be taking seriously? How would it destroy the State Johnny?
FF have already nearly destroyed the state and SF/IRA tried for 30 years to do so.

Bren Boru

Maybe so, could a possible Trevor Sargent like situation with the FF/Green coalition be possible here?
Possibly. Grizzly could see it as his final act as a true "statesman". An act if redemption if you like.

eoghanacht

True Republican

Sinn Fein should not go into coalition with FF, the Party that destroyed Ireland. Sinn Fein would see a lot of their electoral gains wiped out if they went into government with FF.

eoghanacht

FF have already nearly destroyed the state and SF/IRA tried for 30 years to do so.

That doesn't answer the question I asked.

How would a FF/SF coalition as repugnant as that would be be the final nail in the coffin of the State?

eoghanacht

Sinn Fein should not go into coalition with FF, the Party that destroyed Ireland. Sinn Fein would see a lot of their electoral gains wiped out if they went into government with FF.

I doubt that give them a sniff of government, a full term before they'd have to think about the electorates impression of them.

johnny365

That doesn't answer the question I asked.

How would a FF/SF coalition as repugnant as that would be be the final nail in the coffin of the State?
Gombeenism and corruption on a scale never seen before, SF/IRA fiscal policy would be enough in itself. Look what FF have already done, one can only imagine the disaster if SF/IRA are added to the mix.

Bea C

I wonder how Martin Mansergh - the hero of the peace process - would view such a possibility?

eoghanacht

Gombeenism and corruption on a scale never seen before, SF/IRA fiscal policy would be enough in itself. Look what FF have already done, one can only imagine the disaster if SF/IRA are added to the mix.

You think SF would be given the finance portfolio?

:lol::lol::lol:

Ah Johnny you're cluless

RahenyFG

Maybe a coalition with Sinn Féin would make Fianna Fáil a real republican party.

True Republican

I wonder how Martin Mansergh - the hero of the peace process - would view such a possibility?
Mansergh is actually one of the few intelligent FF politicians, he's probably a bit too intellectual for FF. I'd say Mansergh would support a FF-SF coalition.