FF backbenchers - getting tired of the charade and humiliation of propping up FG ?

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
Now I'm very skeptical about any article of which some is based on "sources" or a "senior party figure" etc. But many in FF must surely be wondering if there's any gains to be made for themselves with this so called confidence and supply agreement with FG. Instead of clawing back their support, FF must be getting vibes from the public that this pretense of being in govt when a few tax breaks are being handed out to the middle class while claiming to be in opposition when it comes to water or bin charges is having little effect.

" Fianna Fáil’s latest march up the mountain on the recent controversy over former the attorney general's appointment to the Court of Appeal, the party has rightly opened itself up to ridicule as to its credibility. .... “There is unease from our members at us marching up the hill so often and coming back down with nothing to show for it. Sooner or later we will have to do more than talk about pulling the plug,”.

Will voices become raised within the FF as to where they are allegedly supposed to be going ? Could FF's thirst for cabinet seats, mercs and percs win out instead of been humiliated as they were over the Whelan appointment ? Or do they have no other choice as it would be leaving the way clear to the real opposition of SF, Indos4Change, Sol-PBP ?

Special Report: Fianna Fáil in opposition | Irish Examiner

dresden8

Hopefully it spells the end of Martin.

An odious individual.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
The end of Martin should have come back in 2011 at the latest. Considering he was a minster in one of the most calamitous cabinets in state history it is remarkable he is even still in politics.

And it is a clear pointer that there has been no worthwhile change in culture in FF. They were and always will be cattle-mart pickpockets at best.

sadmal

Hopefully it spells the end of Martin.

An odious individual.
TBF I think he's the best leader they could have now. He's personally pleasant and easy going, not always on the offensive as some others would and has a modern outlook. He's not a right winger like O'Dea or O'Cuiv and doesn't play up to that kind of supporters.

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
The end of Martin should have come back in 2011 at the latest. Considering he was a minster in one of the most calamitous cabinets in state history it is remarkable he is even still in politics.

And it is a clear pointer that there has been no worthwhile change in culture in FF. They were and always will be cattle-mart pickpockets at best.
It would be no difference whatsoever if Martin was replaced in FF, none, zilch. But how long more can FF take been humiliated and without their snouts in trough ?

GDPR

TBF I think he's the best leader they could have now. He's personally pleasant and easy going, not always on the offensive as some others would and has a modern outlook. He's not a right winger like O'Dea or O'Cuiv and doesn't play up to that kind of supporters.
Eamon O'Cuiv is the most Left wing Fianna Fail TD. He even rebelled over the referendum that was held on enforcing EU austerity. He is a really wonderful man, to good for the party that he is in.

dresden8

Eamon O'Cuiv is the most Left wing Fianna Fail TD. He even rebelled over the referendum that was held on enforcing EU austerity. He is a really wonderful man, to good for the party that he is in.
There's a lot wrong with Cuiv, Eamon O, but I do believe he's honest. Which is a startling statement for me to make about a FFer.

Spurtlebert

Too soon, better to let the housing crisis continue to get worse and then wait for Leo to slip on some other banana peel. Pull the trigger when he's on his backside.

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
There's a lot wrong with Cuiv, Eamon O, but I do believe he's honest. Which is a startling statement for me to make about a FFer.
If you're ever tempted to believe that a senior FF figure is honest, just ask yourself if he or she was in the party when Haughey was leader.

That'll cure it.

dresden8

If you're ever tempted to believe that a senior FF figure is honest, just ask yourself if he or she was in the party when Haughey was leader.

That'll cure it.
I know. But I've heard he's hard working, in his Ministries he'd turn up at 6 in the morning for work and other such.

I know, I know............

tigerben

By keeping FG in government could make people vote FG next time around , there doesn't seem to be a difference so changing the team will only the change the brass name on the doors . MM will have to start trying to be opposition and pull the plug when he see a opportunity or they'll be will be out of power for another decade.

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
Too soon, better to let the housing crisis continue to get worse and then wait for Leo to slip on some other banana peel. Pull the trigger when he's on his backside.
Well it could be in FF's interest to wait until Leo Thatcher's contempt for the general public starts to come out - as it undoubtedly will, more tax breaks for wealthy chancers and spoofers, worsening health and housing crisis etc

Plebian

Hard not to come to the conclusion that FG are just laughing at FF lately. It's humiliating for FF but not likely to damage their potential vote as FF will play up FGs arrogance under Varadkar to shore up their own "nice guys" spiel.

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
By keeping FG in government could make people vote FG next time around , there doesn't seem to be a difference so changing the team will only the change the brass name on the doors . MM will have to start trying to be opposition and pull the plug when he see a opportunity or they'll be will be out of power for another decade.
Yep, it's not working out for FF - and they know it. I'd say the urge for the Mercs and percs will win out :)

Toland

Website
His problem is that opposition means voting against the government. And as soon as he votes against the government he's into General Election territory, and lovely Leo is what he's competing against in the section of the electorate he has the remotest chance of making ground.

In short he hasn't got the remotest chance of making ground.

Toland

Website
Yep, it's not working out for FF - and they know it. I'd say the urge for the Mercs and percs will win out :)
They won't be looking at mercs and perks the next time out either. The only possibility is as a mudguard. And that won't wash with the grassroots.

Barring events, dear boy, of course.

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
Hard not to come to the conclusion that FG are just laughing at FF lately. It's humiliating for FF but not likely to damage their potential vote as FF will play up FGs arrogance under Varadkar to shore up their own "nice guys" spiel.
Yes Leo Thatcher's contempt for the general public already kicking in, his policy of giving tax breaks to "financial exiles" with the bullsh!t excuse of getting "them to return home and attract all sorts of inward investment which will give others jobs" been a fine example. Already the Housing Minister Eoghan Murphy is suggesting bedsits as a way of coping with the housing problem. Back to 1980's Thatcherism eh !!

Bedsits could be part of housing strategy | Irish Examiner

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies