FF Cllr abuses Oireachtas envelopes for personal gain

TheChief

http://www.unison.ie/irish_independent/stories.php3?ca=9&si=1455642&issue_id=12904
Clondalkin councillor Trevor Gilligan used the envelopes to write to TDs from all parties promising "an unbeatable way of reaching out to voters" through his web company Infinite Bandwidth.

Yesterday Mr Gilligan claimed "about 100" free Oireachtas envelopes had been used.

"At the end of the day, it is only a few envelopes. What is the price of a postage stamp? We were just out to make ourselves a bit of money on the website business."
Here's one for TKWhiskers- our resident crusader against uunregulated Oireachtas freebies.

Gilligan's comments at the end are telling - typical FF: they just can't see that they've done anything wrong.
Add this to the time Dempsey used taxpayers money to fund FF leaflets; Fahy used departmental notepaper to send out invites to an FF fundraiser; and (my own particular favourite) the Lorcan Allen fiasco.

What a pack of dopes

hiding behind a poster

Amazingly, TKWhiskers seems to be lying low today. Maybe he's in FG HQ looking for those "unregulated printing presses" :roll:

PinkoLeftie

Infinite Bandwidth's website is here.

"We were just out to make ourselves a bit of money on the website business" would make a great company slogan.

magic_norhan

hiding behind a poster said:
Amazingly, TKWhiskers seems to be lying low today. Maybe he's in FG HQ looking for those "unregulated printing presses" :roll:
Yeah he's gone very quiet, maybe he's gone to the SDCC offices to destroy the evidence of FF impropriety

BarryW

Nah - I'd say he's in the basement of Leinster House, furiously printing leaflets for the election before O' Hanlon throws the switch on the whole operation

DOD

I always thought the chief was FF?

DOD

meriwether said:
DOD said:
I always thought the chief was FF?
Not at all, he's one of ours. And glad we are to have him too.
Must have mixed him up with the general.

ryano

DOD said:
That's a bit strange all right. Isn't "Chief" normally associated with de Valera and "General" with Collins?

DOD

ryano said:
DOD said:
That's a bit strange all right. Isn't "Chief" normally associated with de Valera and "General" with Collins?
Nah, I associate the general with Mickey Mouse underpants.

PS

While attempting to lay the blame on a 'part-time' worker, the Cllr. never explained why a part-time worker for his internet company came to be working from his SDCC office!!

hiding behind a poster

magic_norhan said:
[quote="hiding behind a poster":3orhc6qt]Amazingly, TKWhiskers seems to be lying low today. Maybe he's in FG HQ looking for those "unregulated printing presses" :roll:
Yeah he's gone very quiet, maybe he's gone to the SDCC offices to destroy the evidence of FF impropriety
[/quote:3orhc6qt]

He could be gone a while so.

meriwether

[quote="magic_norhan":xevdyfzi][quote="hiding behind a poster":xevdyfzi]Amazingly, TKWhiskers seems to be lying low today. Maybe he's in FG HQ looking for those "unregulated printing presses" :roll:
[/quote:xevdyfzi]

He could be gone a while so.[/quote:xevdyfzi]

I hope he brought a packed lunch.

hiding behind a poster

[quote="meriwether

I hope he brought a packed lunch.
[/quote]

If he likes the taste of incriminating documents then I doubt he'll need a packed lunch.

geraghd

Not the first time this guy has gotten into some controversy, I remember him from his TCD days. Though dont know him personally. Any political pay-off or otherwise for this little gem?

TheChief

geraghd said:
Any political pay-off or otherwise for this little gem?
I sure hope it affects him somehow. His name will probably still be on the pathetic list of possible candidates in Mid West - including losers such as Deirdre Doherty Ryan

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies