FF Councillor giulty of making false delaration re.fixed charge penalty notice.

Scitlipo

Clare FF Councillor and Cathaoirleach of the Killaloe district, Alan O'Callaghan apparently nominated some someone from Nigeria as the driver of his vehicle when he received a fixed charge penalty notice for speeding. A blown up photo showed O'Callaghan was the driver. Interestingly O'Callaghan is a member of the Clare Joint Policing Committee. He paid the fine but was charged with making a false declaration.
Judge says Fianna Fáil councillor 'wriggled like a worm at the end of a hook' and told 'a pack of lies'

While the calibre of our local representatives is embarrassing, this guy seems to be scraping the bottom of the barrel.
I wonder how FF HQ will react to this.
Judge Durcan, a FG nominee, with a reputation for inconsistent sentencing imposed a 1 year driving ban and a €750 fine. Perhaps he should have refused jurisdiction and sent the case to the circuit court. It's about time that elected officials were held to account.

carlovian

Fianna Fáil and pack of lies ??

There’s my belief system destroyed.

Say it ain’t so.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Did he try to jump out of the car and hide in the bushes from the Gardai? Actually I'm quite pleased with the Gardai in this instance as there are places in Ireland where a member of the local policing authority would be immune to such prosecutions in the past.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Since when did County Councillors acquire chauffeurs?

TheWolf

Clare FF Councillor and Cathaoirleach of the Killaloe district, Alan O'Callaghan apparently nominated some someone from Nigeria as the driver of his vehicle when he received a fixed charge penalty notice for speeding. A blown up photo showed O'Callaghan was the driver. Interestingly O'Callaghan is a member of the Clare Joint Policing Committee. He paid the fine but was charged with making a false declaration.
Judge says Fianna Fáil councillor 'wriggled like a worm at the end of a hook' and told 'a pack of lies'

While the calibre of our local representatives is embarrassing, this guy seems to be scraping the bottom of the barrel.
I wonder how FF HQ will react to this.
Judge Durcan, a FG nominee, with a reputation for inconsistent sentencing imposed a 1 year driving ban and a €750 fine. Perhaps he should have refused jurisdiction and sent the case to the circuit court. It's about time that elected officials were held to account.
FFailure = Liar.

Hardly a surprise.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Imagine a FF councillor telling a 'pack of lies'. No flies on our Irish judges is there?

Supra

He's a clown that got caught. I'd prefer him doing this than being corrupt in his council business like many FF members of the past. He will prob lose his seat and that'll be that.
I'd say this is a common trick. Good to see it didn't fool anyone.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Doesn't preclude him from mischief in any other sphere either. As they used to say of leading seamen in the Royal Navy with the three conduct chevrons on their sleeves they had three decades of not being caught behind them.

Quite frankly a FF Councillor willing to tell a pack of lies to a courtroom is not someone I'd assume was leading a blameless life in other respects.

the phrase 'Fianna Fail Councillor' does not rank up there with 'person of integrity' in Ireland these days.

blinding

There’d be something really serious going on if a ff councillor was caught telling the truth .

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
I like to check in on the legal situation every now and then. So would this fellow still be considered in law in Ireland to have a defensible 'good name'?

ShinnerBot No.32564844524

He's a clown that got caught. I'd prefer him doing this than being corrupt in his council business like many FF members of the past. He will prob lose his seat and that'll be that.
Seriously, this is the country where Bertie thinks he's in with a shot at the presidency, if anything this fella has just secured his re-election! :shock:

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
I've seen some peculiar barnets down the years- pee flynn would take some beating. But of late in photos I'm seeing a fair amount of evidence of hair-dying going on among the men in politics or public roles.

Ronan the Mad Mullah Mullen is over fifty and has suspiciously boot-polished hair.

Half Nelson

There are people 'convicted' of speeding who haven't set foot in the country for years. It was also rumoured to be a quick earner for certain impoverished students.

...or so I've heard...;)

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies