FF didn't want the bailout-but somebody had to think of the children!!!

jane5

Ireland not headed for Armageddon says minister - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie

Quote from the above article:

"The Fianna Fail TD said the Government did not want the €85bn bailout from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and Europe but was forced into it to pay teachers, gardai, nurses and childcare workers. "

I'm so angry I think I might pass out.

YOU LYING WHORES, IT'S NOT BEING USED TO PAY TEACHERS, GARDAI, NURSES AND CHILDCARE WORKERS. IT'S BEING PISSED AWAY INTO THE INSOLVENT PRIVATE BANKS TO PAY FOR PRIVATE GAMBLING DEBTS!!!!

How DARE they try to spin it like that? I'm so fed up with their constant slanting things this way and putting things that way and just out and out lying!

Apologies if there is already a similar thread, or if this isn't the correct forum, mods feel free to merge/delete as appropriate.

D

Deleted member 17573

Ireland not headed for Armageddon says minister - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie

Quote from the above article:

"The Fianna Fail TD said the Government did not want the €85bn bailout from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and Europe but was forced into it to pay teachers, gardai, nurses and childcare workers. "

I'm so angry I think I might pass out.

YOU LYING WHORES, IT'S NOT BEING USED TO PAY TEACHERS, GARDAI, NURSES AND CHILDCARE WORKERS. IT'S BEING PISSED AWAY INTO THE INSOLVENT PRIVATE BANKS TO PAY FOR PRIVATE GAMBLING DEBTS!!!!

How DARE they try to spin it like that? I'm so fed up with their constant slanting things this way and putting things that way and just out and out lying!

Apologies if there is already a similar thread, or if this isn't the correct forum, mods feel free to merge/delete as appropriate.
You might not like it but it is a simple fact that most of the bailout funds are going to bridge the shortfall in the budget - as a result of, inter alia, high PS wages and an all too generous tax regime.

evercloserunion

Blatant scapegoating of workers by an utterly discredited kleptocracy... Can't say I'm surprised.

evercloserunion

Problem is people are already swallowing this one.
I don't think they are. Where are the massive protests against childcare workers? FF have been trying this shyte for months now. For a while it worked, as the media (especially the Indo) were all too happy to jump on the anti-PS bandwagon. But as they say, you can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time. As much as they may try.

Northtipp

You might not like it but it is a simple fact that most of the bailout funds are going to bridge the shortfall in the budget - as a result of, inter alia, high PS wages and an all too generous tax regime.
Get a grip. the bulk is for the banks when all the monies poured into this crisis are accumulated. Now to blame the bank fiasco on teachers and nurses etc is just grossly insulting to such hard working decent people. This happened on the wtach of FF / PD & Greens. its not a hard one to work out once you see your way past the spinners

But hey spin on there good chap

anfieldabff

Ah the old spin again, most of the money we are borrowing is going to plug the bottomless pit in the banks. The government would not have dared to use of the National Pension Fund in the banks, and would not have been able to get it through the Dail. But using this deal they will again userp democracy and basically tie the hands of the next government, who had intended to use this money as part of a stimulus package.
The treachery of FF knows no bounds, but thankfully after the pathetic performance of the Clowen in the post agreement press conference, even formerly staunch supporters have now declared that they will never vote FF again.
There is a silver lining.!!!

eoghanacht

................ high PS wages and an all too generous tax regime.
Who has ultimate responsibilty for that then?

Hmm?

Go on guess

Luigi Vampa

Hard luck you filthy scumbag, but the game is up.

Mondo

Leave poor Sailor alone.

Lenny has promised the best FF slime spinners
a seat on the last chopper out of Saigon.

And Lenny always tells the truth, right?

eoghanacht

I love it when privileged litlle FF scum try and pontificate to the rest of us.

hammer

Correct, but.............

Government couldn`t borrow on the bond market as Government guaranteed the banks. Bond markets dont believe the story re the Irish Banks. Rates shot up.

All down to the banks & the developers who were absolutely clueless at valuing land / deals :(

gatsbygirl20

I don't think they are. Where are the massive protests against childcare workers? FF have been trying this shyte for months now. For a while it worked, as the media (especially the Indo) were all too happy to jump on the anti-PS bandwagon. But as they say, you can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time. As much as they may try.
Unfortunately, it has worked, is still working, and will work again, as soon as the budget knocks Chopra's pic off the Indo's front page. It will be back to the old spin about selfish teachers bringing us to "where we are", and the usual lies about benchmarking. In yesterday's Sindo the usual suspects were at it again.
Apparently public sector workers have been "totally shielded from the pain others are facing" by the CPA, forgetting the 14---20% pay cuts imposed on them last year , which have been completely forgotten.
We need to take a "30%" paycut"---yes, we may well end up taking that, but that will bring some PS workers pay cuts to 50% overall.
Eaten bread is soon forgotten
I can almost understand why judges etc. who were "invited" to take a cut, did not bother. Once you take the cut, it is as if it never happened, and it's back to the same old song.....

The total focus at the beginning of the crash, on PS pay and conditions, gave corrupt bankers and their cronies ample time to hide, lie, emigrate, move stuff offshore, conceal, get their story straight, until finally they were found out, when it was too late.
Maybe that was the idea all along......

anfieldabff

Unfortunately, it has worked, is still working, and will work again, as soon as the budget knocks Chopra's pic off the Indo's front page. It will be back to the old spin about selfish teachers bringing us to "where we are", and the usual lies about benchmarking. In yesterday's Sindo the usual suspects were at it again.
Apparently public sector workers have been "totally shielded from the pain others are facing" by the CPA, forgetting the 14---20% pay cuts imposed on them last year , which have been completely forgotten.
We need to take a "30%" paycut"---yes, we may well end up taking that, but that will bring some PS workers pay cuts to 50% overall.
Eaten bread is soon forgotten
I can almost understand why judges etc. who were "invited" to take a cut, did not bother. Once you take the cut, it is as if it never happened, and it's back to the same old song.....

The total focus at the beginning of the crash, on PS pay and conditions, gave corrupt bankers and their cronies ample time to hide, lie, emigrate, move stuff offshore, conceal, get their story straight, until finally they were found out, when it was too late.
Maybe that was the idea all along......
Great post, you have summed it up nicely.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies