FF/Green Canvassing: Organise unified response

Mondo

I've read a lot of poster saying how they might react if FF/Greens darken their door canvassing for support.

Wouldn't it be great if they met the same reaction at every house. A non violent, very public protest.

1. Keep a saucepan and tablespoon by the door in readiness.

2. When you find they are FF/Greens start beating the saucepan and shouting "OUT, OUT, OUT"

3. Follow them to the limit of your property, keep banging and chanting.

4. Do not go back inside when they reach your neighbours' door, or the house after that. Keep banging and chanting, others will join you.

They must be shamed, shunned and hounded from every locality.

A show of people power - the marches should be the same. No more dialogue. Just OUT, OUT, OUT.

j26

I'm putting 2 big sticks outside my door - one labelled FF, the other labelled Green. I might even put red sauce on the ends, for effect.

I might also put up a sign saying that Green Party literature will be binned, i.e. not recycled.

reknaw

I've decided to have a large sign made to put beside my front gate. Tentatively, I've decided on the following wording: "Sinn Fein canvassers welcome. All others f*ck off.";)

Will that do, or does anyone have a better suggestion?:lol:

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
While I understand the depth of anger, signs such as those suggested won't have any traction beyond those who post them...

However, if you don't go too hard, but still get your message across.. say "Sorry, but you ruined the country, FF not welcome anymore", then you stand a chance of being able to leaflet drop hundreds into peoples doors asking people to post them on their doors/front room windows.

Canvassers seeing them would know where they stand, and if they saw these things in their hundreds, it would have a hugely demoralising effect .. plus, the more people see their neighbours taking a stand, the more likely they are to take one themselves

reknaw

While I understand the depth of anger, signs such as those suggested won't have any traction beyond those who post them...

However, if you don't go too hard, but still get your message across.. say "Sorry, but you ruined the country, FF not welcome anymore", then you stand a chance of being able to leaflet drop hundreds into peoples doors asking people to post them on their doors/front room windows.

Canvassers seeing them would know where they stand, and if they saw these things in their hundreds, it would have a hugely demoralising effect .. plus, the more people see their neighbours taking a stand, the more likely they are to take one themselves
Good idea! Thanks.

Mondo

.. plus, the more people see their neighbours taking a stand, the more likely they are to take one themselves
That's why you can't just tell them off and close the door. Your neighbours need to see you out there at the foot of your driveway - protesting.

Then they'll join you and FF/Green will see that they cannot quietly contain the situation.

They will know that they are screwed not just one doorstep at a time but by whole communities standing together.

DeputyEdo

I'm planning on following the FF/Green canvassers around my estate with a big sign extolling the virtues of not voting for them.

picador

Perhaps someone with the requisite IT skills could start up a website offering a variety of downloadable posters for display in people's front windows.

Is FFout.ie taken?

picador

That's why you can't just tell them off and close the door. Your neighbours need to see you out there at the foot of your driveway - protesting.

Then they'll join you and FF/Green will see that they cannot quietly contain the situation.

They will know that they are screwed not just one doorstep at a time but by whole communities standing together.
It's a pity binlids are made of plastic these days!

Mondo

Putting signs out will only mean they can slither away knowing that calling is pointless.

We need to ambush them
....... let them call, pots and pans at the ready OUT, OUT, OUT.

picador

Putting signs out will only mean they can slither away knowing that calling is pointless.

We need to ambush them
....... let them call, pots and pans at the ready OUT, OUT, OUT.
Keep a hose handy.

picador

BTW they are still in power (albeit clinging on by their fingertips). Focus on getting an election first!

Insole

Sometimes there are just too many angry thoughts in your head to ask all the right questions without prewarning of their arrival

Checklist of Questions on meeting a Traitor asking for your vote:

Do you realise that your party destroyed a viable economy post 2002?
Do you realise that your party bloated the Public Service?
Do you realise that your party fueled a construction bubble?
Do you realise that your party leader was either MOF or Taoiseach for all this time?
Do you realise that your party has been involved in practically every major corruption scandal?
Do you realise that your party had the duty of controling the financial institutions?
Do you realise that lack of foresight by your party caused us to lose sovereignty?
Do you realise that you have spent our childrens futures by buying the last few elections?
Do you realise that I have no personal responsibility for your bondholder buddies gambling losses?

Do you realise that no matter how nice a person you are, I have to seriously question your judgement if you are running for election with these scoundrels?

redhead101

I'm planning on following the FF/Green canvassers around my estate with a big sign extolling the virtues of not voting for them.
Better again, why not identify a candidate who you believe would be the best option and campaign for them, rather than against somebody else.

redhead101

I'm going to give you to the count of ten to get your ugly, yellow, no-good kiester off my property.

One, Two, TEN!!!!
Wrong aproach entirely.

You should keep them engaged for as long as you can. (20 minutes would be a good target). In that way, you keep them from knocking on the door of somebody who could conceivably be persuaded to vote for them. In addition, after 20 minutes of chat, just when they think they have made some progress with you, the killer blow to the morale will be when you tell them that you would rather gouge your own eyes out than vote for them.

goosebump

Another thread indicating that most posters on this site having got a fukkin' clue how politics work.

Do you think canvassers are thick or something?

Every canvasser knows that at the first inkling that the potential voter is loon or intent on some stunt you just turn and walk away, given that remaining for any longer is complete waste of time.

Of course you could follow them around banging a pot or something, but given that most of your neighbours are probably sane, this will have more impact on your reputation than theirs.

Mondo

Wrong aproach entirely.

You should keep them engaged for as long as you can. (20 minutes would be a good target). In that way, you keep them from knocking on the door of somebody who could conceivably be persuaded to vote for them. In addition, after 20 minutes of chat, just when they think they have made some progress with you, the killer blow to the morale will be when you tell them that you would rather gouge your own eyes out than vote for them.
nah, it has to be loud and public, so the neighbours can see and join in.

They will want to keep it quiet - so you don't know whose side you neighbour is on. Odds on your neighbour is just as angry as you - so let it rip!

SilverLining

Existing and wannabe sponging leeching wasters, from all parties and none, will tells us pack of big fat lies so they can elected. Once installed in the political "elite", they will tell us that there is absolutely nothing that they can do differently, that their hands are tied by the IMF/ECB/EUC Ecomomic-War-Reparations-Deal, that we are rightly and truly fooked and that there it nothing to do except to grin and bear it.

Put up notices saying - "No Junk Mail. No Political Leaflets. No Election Canvassers. Treaspassers Enter At Their Own Risk."

The political "elite" of all, yes all, parties and none have let us down by failing to do their job. They have continually put their own ego-driven local-issue self-interest before that of the whole nation. None of them have shown any leadership whatsoever. None of them deserve to be elected to any public office ever again.

Dustin, Bosco, Zig & Zag and Elvis would make more constructive use of your vote.

New Threads

Most Replies