• Before posting anything about COVID-19, READ THIS FIRST! COVID-19 and Misinformation (UPDATED)
    Misinformation and/or conspiracy theories about this topic, even if intended as humor, will not be tolerated!

Bea C

Well, I just had my first canvasser call looking for my vote!
For what is considered to be the one place on the night, you have fighting (no particular order):

Tom McEllistrim
Norma Foley
John Brassil
Norma Moriarty
Mark Daly

All talk of a certain somebody seems to have dried up.

Tommy seems to think that this very first Kerry convention will be in the next three to four weeks?
Truth be told, I don't think anybody knows anything.
Headquarters pretty much aren't answering the phone.
I must get on to them myself about something else, actually: I was furious to see the date of the Ard Fheis. Same weekend as 2013 - the last weekend in April - so again I cannot go, exams.

dinnyMEP

Twitter
apathy
Whats your feeling on how the numbers are stacking up for each candidate?

I take it that FF will have a north/south carve up and perhaps 1 man 1 woman on the ticket ?

SeanieFitz

For what is considered to be the one place on the night, you have fighting (no particular order):

Tom McEllistrim
Norma Foley
John Brassil
Norma Moriarty
Mark Daly

Tommy seems to think that this very first Kerry convention will be in the next three to four weeks?
I must get on to them myself about something else, actually: I was furious to see the date of the Ard Fheis. Same weekend as 2013 - the last weekend in April - so again I cannot go, exams.

My order of choice would be
John Brassil
Norma Foley
Norma Moriarty (although i must admit i never heard of her)
and Tommy and Mark D to be banished to Skellig Michael

NYCKY

There was some speculation that the Bull was going to run, some of it started by the Bull himself. Is there any update on that?

Bea C

I take it that FF will have a north/south carve up and perhaps 1 man 1 woman on the ticket ?

Yeah.
That's why it's only the one on the night, it will ultimately be the two candidates who stand, but headquarters will have to be free to slap on whoever they wish (by which we can probably assume girl).
And there will have to be the north/south consideration too.
When you think of it, it's a ridiculously large constituency.
Ah well!
That's irrelevant now.

Bea C

My order of choice would be
John Brassil
Norma Foley
Norma Moriarty (although i must admit i never heard of her)
and Tommy and Mark D to be banished to Skellig Michael
What's wrong with Mark?
Let's all just be thankful that the Bull has been banished to Skellig Michael, at least.

Bea C

There was some speculation that the Bull was going to run, some of it started by the Bull himself. Is there any update on that?

That's accepted as over.

dinnyMEP

Twitter
apathy
Hopefully someone like John Brassil or Mark Daly will make the ticket. John was always very supportive whenever I was doing anything for Ógra in Tralee IT.

Surely Tom Mc is finished ............................

SeanieFitz

Hopefully someone like John Brassil or Mark Daly will make the ticket. John was always very supportive whenever I was doing anything for Ógra in Tralee IT.

Regrettably that has oft been said before and not come true

Bea C

Not according to himself he's not! :p
(I dunno what I am inserting laughing faces for?)

Breanainn

He'd surely have declared by now if he was putting his hat in the ring. Reports today (Tralee Outlook) that FF HQ will run a female candidate in every constituency, but given that their target would be one seat in three-seaters and two in the others, selection management will be key.

drummed

Tom McEllistrim
Norma Foley
John Brassil
Norma Moriarty
Mark Daly

My money is on Norma.

Bea C

He'd surely have declared by now if he was putting his hat in the ring. Reports today (Tralee Outlook) that FF HQ will run a female candidate in every constituency, but given that their target would be one seat in three-seaters and two in the others, selection management will be key.

They were discussing this on the lunch time news:

RTÉ Radio Player

gijoe

I'd imagine the convention will be told to select one male and one female - so two ballots. And they will reserve the option to add a candidate after the convention i.e. 3 candidates to ensure geographic balance as well.

From the list above Brassil (North Kerry) Foley (female quota plus Tralee area) and Daly (South Kerry) represents the best balance. Or Brassil and Moriarty if they just want the 2.

NewGoldDream

Website
-
Would like the Daly Brassil ticket.

If Daly doesn't make it, Moriarty Brassil. She did very well at the locals.

Nedz Newt

As a matter of interest, why are FF running two candidates (rather than one)?

A second seat is hardly likely (is it?)

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom