FF National Executive Committee of 20 Elections

TKwhiskers

Website
tkwhiskers.blogspot.com
With the 69Ú Árd Fheis just around the corner and nominations due to close at the end of this month has anyone any predictions on this years Committee of 20 Elections to the Árd Comhairle?

My early predictions

Male Panel:
I'd say Anto Kelly, Colin Joyce, Michael Smyth & Dara Calleary are safe bets, will be interesting to see who else throws their hat in the ring.

Female Panel:
Katherine Byrne, Maria Corrigan, Deirdre Heaney?

bojangles

bernie lawlor, paddie connellan and rosaleen o grady on the female panel for definate

as for the males,...its a tough one. lots of good candidates running... i think declan o'loughlin (former nyc) is in with a good shot

ON THE ONE ROAD

i don't know if this is rumour and i don't expect if it's true for FF members to go in to great detail on internal maters in public, but is'nt there a little division between FF's who want to oranise in the north and others that don't. are the all irelanders oranised enough to get there people on to the national executive or are they to small in number?

TKwhiskers

Website
tkwhiskers.blogspot.com
ON THE ONE ROAD said:
i don't know if this is rumour and i don't expect if it's true for FF members to go in to great detail on internal maters in public, but is'nt there a little division between FF's who want to oranise in the north and others that don't. are the all irelanders oranised enough to get there people on to the national executive or are they to small in number?

It's no secret that it was agreed at the last Ard Fheis that we would organise in the 6 counties. I would say almost every member of the current "Committee of 15" supports the policy. It's a question of when to implement the policy that’s the issue.

BarryW

I wish all candidates the best of luck in their efforts to get elected to this 99-strong pointless bdy, filled with pals of the leadership, assorted lickarses and party donors.

but is'nt there a little division between FF's who want to oranise in the north and others that don't
This is a great idea. The time, money and energy that FF waste on debating this idea will be of huge benefit to Fine Gael and Labour as the election approaches

CJH

This is a great idea. The time, money and energy that FF waste on debating this idea will be of huge benefit to Fine Gael and Labour as the election approaches
How many times have you now said this on this site, Barry? Do you think that it convinces anybody other than yourself?

BarryW

CJH said:
How many times have you now said this on this site, Barry? Do you think that it convinces anybody other than yourself?
Am I incorrect in what I'm saying?

Perhaps you should cast your vote in this election based on the candidate's stance on this issue?

Website
www.politics.ie
Twitter
davidcochrane
You know Barry, you can contribute to a political discussion without making it a completely biased partial attack purely because you're an opposing party.

Cop on, grow up, or feck off.

BarryW

To quote your good self on the "unregulated printing" thread:

David Cochrane said:
Attack the issues, but leave me the hell alone

mickeyc

Website
finegael.csn.ul.ie
BarryW said:
I wish all candidates the best of luck in their efforts to get elected to this 99-strong pointless bdy, filled with pals of the leadership, assorted lickarses and party donors.
Says a member of a 12-strong pointless body, filled with pals of the leadership and assorted lickarses

DOD

mickeyc said:
BarryW said:
Says a member of a 12-strong pointless body, filled with pals of the leadership and assorted lickarses
Looks like trouble in Paradise for ULYFG. :shock:

drjimryan

This notion of organising in the north is a joke...

Sure the organisation in the south is in crisis

Most cumann meet once ayear and have a half dozen over 55's.

This is a flyer to take attention away from the joke that is the cumann system. td's are controlling the cumann votes and stopping talent

Bertie is in the history books and doesent care anymore.

If the next election is won by the rainbow ahern will leave a party in ashes..defeated ex td's and devestated cumann and no talent around..you only have to look at the z list of future tds to realise that.

TKwhiskers

Website
tkwhiskers.blogspot.com
drjimryan said:
Sure the organisation in the south is in crisis. Most cumann meet once ayear and have a half dozen over 55's.
Yea, FF is in crisis, we've only 30,000 members instead of the 50,000 we thought we had, only 1500 Cumann meet every month.... massive crisis!

drjimryan said:
This is a flyer to take attention away from the joke that is the cumann system. td's are controlling the cumann votes and stopping talent.
Cumann's controlled by TDs :roll:

west_brit

Website
www.ogra.ie
Ah the internal politics of Ogra Fianna Fail! If I’ve said once I’ll say it again Ogra is to Fianna Fail what Opus Dei is to the Catholic Church.

BarryW

TKwhiskers said:
Yea, FF is in crisis, we've only 30,000 members instead of the 50,000 we thought we had, only 1500 Cumann meet every month.... massive crisis!
I detect a hint of sarcasm.
So the FF membership is 40% less than what was previously thought.....and you see no problem with this?!

Roll on 2007! We're going to steamroll the geriatric FF organisatio into the dirt! :D :D

west_brit

Website
www.ogra.ie
Yes 2007 a minority Fianna Fail government, Labour will drop Rabbitte and we’ll welcome Howlin with open arms. :wink:

TKwhiskers

Website
tkwhiskers.blogspot.com
west_brit said:
Ah the internal politics of Ogra Fianna Fail! If I’ve said once I’ll say it again Ogra is to Fianna Fail what Opus Dei is to the Catholic Church.
There is no cross over between the leadership of Ógra Fianna Fáil and the leadership of Opus Dei :|

Website
Greenparty.ie
Is Feargal Wall still on the FF AC? He trumpeted his membership of the body last year in local papers as a reason why FF delivered so much for the City [ :lol: ] , around the same time he berated Galway W. for delivering only 2 FF TDs in 2002 [forgetting they returned 3 government TDs-dumbass] and lambasted the electorate for voting for FG and Lab, saying Martin Ferris as minister for justice would be a joke [ :roll: ]. It really was quite funny.

I hope he runs again, Im sure he brightens up what would otherwise be quite dull FF AC meetings.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies