• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

FF polling third place behind Lab. A time to reflect?

yehbut_nobut

A few weeks back there was a thread where Non FF posters were asked to keep out, to allow FF supporters to discuss the state of things. I'm proposing another one here:

The MRBI Opinion poll out tonight
shows FF polling 2 points behind labour and a full 10 points behind FG.

To NON FF supporters: please don't post your anti-FF thoughts in this thread. (Use one of the many others for that purpose ;))

To FF members and friends: what do you feel about this latest poll, the job your leaders are doing, end the trend polls seem to be showing?

edit: added link

Digout

A few weeks back there was a thread where Non FF posters were asked to keep out, to allow FF supporters to discuss the state of things. I'm proposing another one here:

The MRBI Opinion poll out tonight shows FF polling 2 points behind labour and a full 10 points behind FG.

To NON FF supporters: please don't post your anti-FF thoughts in this thread. (Use one of the many others for that purpose ;))

To FF members and friends: what do you feel about this latest poll, the job your leaders are doing, end the trend polls seem to be showing?
you got a link?

Does that mean "Funeral Private" Family and close friends only?

yehbut_nobut

Not if people keep making wisecracks, no. :|

edit: that sounds harsh, but I know what anti-Ff people think of FF. I'm intersted in what FF make of these results, but that wont get discussed if any debate descends into "yah boo sucks you" banter. (which is fine on other threads).

Guys, FG were there in 2002, FF wil come back, but only if they have about 15years in opposition, goback to their roots and come out and say Bertie Ahern was a traitor for trousering money and running the country into a pyramid scheme.

Stop supporting corruption, cronyism, buying people off, dismissing the opposition and in 10 years yee might start recovering. You guys are getting a kicking because people don't like the way you took them for fools for so long.
Don't even dare run Bertie for the Aras either.

wysiwyg

Is this a real poll ?

Or are people talking about the effects of a poll if they were the figures ?

setanta

This is all very interesting, but do you have a link to the poll?

yehbut_nobut

Digout

* sticks fingers up at FF supporters and laughs loudly as leaving the thread*

Chrisco

I'm reading that, but thats a thread about a possible poll no ?

Is this a thread based on a hypothesis ?
It is as reported to us by Hiding_behind.

yehbut_nobut

The MRBI Opinion poll out tonight shows FF polling 2 points behind labour and a full 10 points behind FG.

Anyone from FF wanting to comment?

meriwether2

If you are a FF'er, now is not the time to reflect.

Now is the time to change your underpants after seeing the poll.

And then take a sleeping tablet.

Defeated Romanticist

I am of the opinion that the govt ought to use this as an opportunity.

The only chance the party has of winning re-election now is following a high risk strategy whereby the party turns it's back on the next election, and takes the actions needed to move towards economic renewal. Instead of cutting 2 billion this year, cut three, instead of closing the gap by 4 billion next year, close it by 5.
By doing what is necessary now the economy may improve by 2012 and FF's support which is now latent may return. Even if the party loses the 2012 election, doing the right thing will greatly enhance the parties longterm reputation.

Unfortunately, doing this and keeping the coalition together could be a challenge. Perhaps by adopting these kind of measures we could scare off a few Blueshirts off to maintain a majority.

yehbut_nobut

can anyone else please reread the OP (quoted above) before posting...

baldur0300

If you are a FF'er, now is not the time to reflect.

Now is the time to change your underpants after seeing the poll.

And then take a sleeping tablet.
You'll be glad to know I haven't soiled myself.

It's an awful poll but there's very little that can be done. We try our best and hope the situation improves. All that can be done. Government parties all across Europe are suffering a similar fate.

Defeated Romanticist

You'll be glad to know I haven't soiled myself.

It's an awful poll but there's very little that can be done. We try our best and hope the situation improves. All that can be done. Government parties all across Europe are suffering a similar fate.
I bet you fell like you swollowed a stone though because I do.

baldur0300

When I see that result in an election ..... maybe ....... until then I'll survive.

Greener

When I see that result in an election ..... maybe ....... until then I'll survive.
Unfortunatly, from a FF perspective, it is impossible to see any type of election going in Fianna Fail's favour. People may decide that it is crucial to give Fianna Fail a kicking at the locals and europeans (not that it means much). The real acid test will be the by-elections. Dublin South will be particularly telling, and at no point could I imagine Maria Corrigan or Brennan Jnr taking the seat (particularly the former). People may not be willing to vote for somebody who is simply going to vote for the Government which is leading the country down a blind ally. Anybody with a rudimentary understanding of economics could see this.

As I have articulated, the 2004 Locals saw a change in direction from Fianna Fail(the movement to the left, leaving the PDs behind in every economic aspect). The worst thing that could happen for Fianna Fail is for them to have a good local election. The upper members will see it as a vindication of the half cocked measures, which would give rise to a form of madate to continue the piecemeal approach to dealing with the economy. At least if the can engage with a change of direction come September, we may be in with a chance.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies