FF Rats to Desert Ailing Ship Biffo?

picador

In the wake of Cowen's sorry performances in the Dáil on Tuesday and at the press-conference at Government Buildings tonight (Sunday) it should be clear to all but the blindest of sycophants that his credibility as a leader is shot.

FF TD John McGuinness was first to creep along the mooring ropes when he called on Cowen to stand down in March of this year. That was before the boat finally left port. In the wake of the IMF crisis it can't be long before the rats go overboard in a desparate quest for dry land. The good ship Biffo looks eFFed!

Who will be the next to jump?

Last edited:

RightCentreLeft

According to Ursula halligan they were fighting among themselves at the cabinet table - it was that bad.

Cowen Will be gone by christmas.(as Taoiseach)

LeDroit

According to Ursula halligan they were fighting among themselves at the cabinet table - it was that bad.

Cowen Will be gone by christmas.(as Taoiseach)
Elaborate please.

neiphin

controller

But he will have his pensions, free car for life and a garda outside his front door, he dosn't give a toss. Useless fat slob

johnfás

I suspect they'll keep him on as a puppet until after the budget, at which time they will put the knife in, a new Fianna Fáil leader (likely Lenihan, but possibly Hanafin and/or Martin challenging) and an election within weeks.

punchdrunk

Elaborate please.
It seems according to Ursula Halligan that Brian Lenihan wants the job of Taoiseach NOW. Of course the question is will his very poor interview performance with Richard Crowley today have damaged him irrevocably.

dotski_w_

Website
irishpollingreport.wordpress.com
Just a thought,could that be the reason a Cork constituency nominating meeting was postponed-no one wanted to run
not a chance. someone always wants to go - there's always some idiot even when there's no chance of success, but thinks it'll all change if they're the candidate.

olamp

I suspect they'll keep him on as a puppet until after the budget, at which time they will put the knife in, a new Fianna Fáil leader (likely Lenihan, but possibly Hanafin and/or Martin challenging) and an election within weeks.
Why would they replace one stinking liar with another?

jackryan

Just a thought,could that be the reason a Cork constituency nominating meeting was postponed-no one wanted to run
Would you? FFers will not even have finances to run, and I'd say canvassers will be short in supply, still get 20-25% probably!

Tomas Mor

It seems Biffo's days are over, everything is being heaped on him, to exculpate Lenihan. But as I keep repeating, how can there be three Taoisigh in one Dail term without going to the people ? Even for FF this would stretching the limits.

limericklady

Cowen hasnt had any power for a while now - Lenihan is the best informed and making the decisions. Cowen is running to keep up with him. Wont make much difference if Cowen goes, need to get them all out.

dotski_w_

Website
irishpollingreport.wordpress.com
It seems according to Ursula Halligan that Brian Lenihan wants the job of Taoiseach NOW. Of course the question is will his very poor interview performance with Richard Crowley today have damaged him irrevocably.
Even before that the Sindo appear to have dropped him as the Messiah today. Plus he'd not be able to get away with the softly-softly pre-recorded interviews regime he prefers if he was leader.

If he'd made his move 6-12 months ago and gone to the people, he'd have got away with it I think - they'd have lost power, but well placed to come back in 4 years time.

But I think he's blown it, myself.

OceanFrog

But as I keep repeating, how can there be three Taoisigh in one Dail term without going to the people ? Even for FF this would stretching the limits.
You're joking, right?

FF would do this in a heartbeat and not give a flying fu3k what anyone thought. And the Greens would sit and watch them.

New Threads

Most Replies