FF "Recovery" Site: Commerical Rents Increasing is Good News!

Watcher2

Is that 110,000 sq m quoted a net uptake? I've seen these types of figures bandied about before an always wondered whether is is net or gross i.e. is it new office space or does it include movers who leave behind vacant space after moving.

Gemlarkin

Have Fianna Fáil been leasing more offices before they leave office?

Have Fianna Fáil been leasing more offices before they leave office?

il toro

Dublin office rents may lift again in 2013 | Irish Recovery

A great insight into the mind of a Fianna Fail hanger-on here; in an economy which everyone knows if being held back due to ludicrously high commerical rents, he hails rents going up as good news.

P.
So in your world property has no value? and investors are not allowed a return on their investment?

This is good news in that office rentals are moving up therefore you would expect to see employment starting to move also , thats good news, maybe not in labour but in the real world it is.

Is the economy being held back that much by high rents, not so sure, high labour costs and practices due to unions yes , rents not so sure , good deals are available out their now.

You are evidently not in business otherwise you would not have made this a thread.

McTigs

as was said by someone in another thread, FF don't understand economy outside of property prices and FDI.

"Economy is stabilising" can be translated as "property market has reached the bottom"

"2.5% growth next year" can translated as "property prices will recover by blah de blah de blah"

We can also translate "unemployment is stablising and will reduce further next year" as "thank god 60,000 fcked off elsewhere this year, let's hope for the same again in 2011"

Kevin Doyle

This is good news in that office rentals are moving up therefore you would expect to see employment starting to move also , thats good news, maybe not in labour but in the real world it is.
What real world is that then, the one populated by FF puppets? 10 out of 10 for the sheer brassneckedness of that comment though....you're a credit to the party.

meriwether

So in your world property has no value? and investors are not allowed a return on their investment?

Is the economy being held back that much by high rents, not so sure, high labour costs and practices due to unions yes , rents not so sure , good deals are available out their now.

You are evidently not in business otherwise you would not have made this a thread.
I like the bit about 'evidently you are not in business'.

Lets ask 100 business men who rent whether they are in favour or against high rents, or increasing rents.

Lets see who they agree with more - Il Toro, or Oceanclub.
Anyone reckon they have an inkling as to which way the business community will fall on this one?

Cassandra Syndrome

Your man behind the Irish Recovery site comes across like a very well read economic scholar.....

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
as was said by someone in another thread, FF don't understand economy outside of property prices and FDI.

"Economy is stabilising" can be translated as "property market has reached the bottom"

"2.5% growth next year" can translated as "property prices will recover by blah de blah de blah"

We can also translate "unemployment is stablising and will reduce further next year" as "thank god 60,000 fcked off elsewhere this year, let's hope for the same again in 2011"
Nice analysis

Super8

flavirostris

A classic example of FF seeing whats good for FF & FF Supporters as *good for the country*

Actual Real Commercial Rentals moving up is good because it indicates demand is starting to recover.

Maybe be unpalatable for some but when people competing it indicates that some real activity is starting to occur even though it can be many months for anything to happen.

Fides

In retail rents are key to success or otherwise and they are still too high. Can't see rents in this sector going up while there is so much empty space.
Same is true for commercial warehousing - far too much capacity for rents to go up.
Office space is a little different though again there does seem to be a lot of capacity.
You need to look behind the deals. To keep the headline rent high the landlord offers very long rent free periods and other incentives including fitout. I have heard of 2-3 years rebt free for example. I am also aware of retailers just not paying their rent at all and at present no one seems prepared to move against them. There are good deals alright but you may not hear the true extent of them.
Haven't seen a recent report on vacancy levels. This is the latest I could find and nothing in it to suggest recovery is underway.

Commercial Rental Indices Q1 2010 - News & Research - About Lisney - Lisney

Yosser

Actual Real Commercial Rentals moving up is good because it indicates demand is starting to recover.

Maybe be unpalatable for some but when people competing it indicates that some real activity is starting to occur even though it can be many months for anything to happen.
The market in Ireland has been distorted and remains so.Too many supports for non productive property investment.
You sir don't know what you're talking about.I suggest you stick to what you know,whatever that may be.
No offense.:)

The market in Ireland has been distorted and remains so.Too many supports for non productive property investment.
You sir don't know what you're talking about.I suggest you stick to what you know,whatever that may be.
No offense.:)
GFY

Your offense was noted.

oceanclub

Website
oceanclub.blogspot.com
Kearon's latest tweet:

@radiodeclan best thing for our economy is for people to take out their ~€100b in household deposits and spend it in this country
Yes, indeed. Anyone with any savings left - that is, those who didn't spend their money on overpriced houses from Fianna Fail's developer buddies - should spent it to keep Stephen's beloved FF government artificially propped up.

So far he won't respond to my query as to whether or not he himself has spend all his deposits.

P.

Website
www.politics.ie
Twitter
davidcochrane
oceanclub said:
Kearon's latest tweet:

Yes, indeed. Anyone with any savings left - that is, those who didn't spend their money on overpriced houses from Fianna Fail's developer buddies - should spent it to keep Stephen's beloved FF government artificially propped up.

So far he won't respond to my query as to whether or not he himself has spend all his deposits.

P.
That is a comment that's been made by Gov ministers repeatedly over the past few weeks, that they need to get people to spent their savings.

First time I heard it said by a Minister I twitched a little, wondering if they'd do something in the budget to "encourage" savers to spend.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies