FF-SDLP announcement to be made in September

Breanainn

The Sunday Independent reports that "productive talks" were held last week between Micheál Martin and Colum Eastwood, with a significant announcement "that will realign Irish politics" to be made in September. So, either a full merger will occur, or a looser alliance, which would effectively see the SDLP operating as the NI branch of FF, will be agreed. Either way, a formal agreement would increase pressure on FG to enter the Northern electoral fray.

Levellers

The SDLP must be in a desperate state to consider such a move. Their demise is imminent.

PBP voter

odlum

I'm not against it. I would expect the SDLP to be brought up to standard in advance.

These northern types do require some house training. Not the type of decontamination shinners would be required to do prior to joining however.

I do see the benefits.

redneck

I think this is a good move, any thing that brings N.I politics more into mainstream is to be welcomed.
This sounds good- but I will wait and see. Slán

Fr. Ted Crilly

The Sunday Independent reports that "productive talks" were held last week between Micheál Martin and Colum Eastwood, with a significant announcement "that will realign Irish politics" to be made in September. So, either a full merger will occur, or a looser alliance, which would effectively see the SDLP operating as the NI branch of FF, will be agreed. Either way, a formal agreement would increase pressure on FG to enter the Northern electoral fray.
Are FFail ashamed to run as FFail in The North?

Fr. Ted Crilly

I'm not against it. I would expect the SDLP to be brought up to standard in advance.

These northern types do require some house training. Not the type of decontamination shinners would be required to do prior to joining however.

I do see the benefits.
Not sure if the SDLP are as well versed in bribe taking, corruption, sex abuse and murder cover up's and economy destruction as FFail...
It might take a while...

President Bartlet

Northern politics has for a long time been a two party state - the Shinners and the DUPpers - the rest have become an irrelevance and will only continue to lose votes

Fr. Ted Crilly

Northern politics has for a long time been a two party state - the Shinners and the DUPpers - the rest have become an irrelevance and will only continue to lose votes
FFail will feel right at home with the SDLP so....

PBP voter

neiphin

jmcc

So two drowning political parties grab on to each other to stay afloat? :) How does that work?

ffc

Irish Labour Party members might be interested in that. They were all encouraged to go up and support the SDLP ( our sister party) in the recent elections.

jmcc

Irish Labour Party members might be interested in that. They were all encouraged to go up and support the SDLP ( our sister party) in the recent elections.
You're a Labourite and on P.ie? :) Is this like a sighting of the Loch Ness Monster and Yeti having lunch in Atlantis?