FF support rises in new poll


Joined
Mar 20, 2005
Messages
7,992
Website
greatdearleader.blogspot.com
Tomorrow's poll in the Irish Examiner puts FF on 38%, PD's on 5%, Labour 12%, FG 24%, Greens 5%.

Does this indicate that a third term is a feasible prospect?
 

Jim84

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 10, 2004
Messages
455
where did the other 16% go.

What was SF on?
 

GusherING

Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2005
Messages
72
DaveDublin said:
its a Landsdowne Poll - are they any good?
I prefer the Taylor Neslson Sofres one's myself. They're always consistent.
 

DaveDublin

Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2005
Messages
31
its not that they are consistent - its that you have a consistant series by which to compare them.

DId Lansdowne poll close to any recent election?
 

martin TYRONE

Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2005
Messages
76
FutureTaoiseach said:
Tomorrow's poll in the Irish Examiner puts FF on 38%, PD's on 5%, Labour 12%, FG 24%, Greens 5%.

Does this indicate that a third term is a feasible prospect?

ha,ha,ha-----im in stitches----no they wont be back for a third term at least not with Ahernia leading them.

Im just amazed that after all thats happened there are still people out there who would even consider voting FF/PD---are they completly off their game or were they just being sarcastic when asked what way they intend voting.
 

agora

Active member
Joined
May 9, 2004
Messages
106
Website
www.doonesbury.com
If this poll is correct then the electorate have become an incredibly confused bunch. While support for FF is up and they remain the largest party, there was also a very low level (37% I think) of satisfaction with the government. Basically what voters seem to be saying is that they're not satisfied with the government, but they'll vote for them anyway. Another interesting factor is the level of undecideds when measuring the level of satisfaction with the party leaders of FG and Labour. I don't have the figures in front of me but it looked like a large amount haven't made up their mind, or haven't heard of Rabbitte or Enda. If this is the case FG, Labour and the Greens (for they would probably be part of the alliance) need to put their faces out into the public a lot more than at present.
 

Jim84

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 10, 2004
Messages
455
SF 10% and Labour on 12% within the margin of error.

Nobody has brought up is the possibility of SF overtaking Labour in the election. The last few poles have but SF within the margin of error with Labour and that was with the Bank Robbery/ McCartney and Rafferty all in the media.
 

GusherING

Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2005
Messages
72
DaveDublin said:
its not that they are consistent - its that you have a consistant series by which to compare them.

DId Lansdowne poll close to any recent election?
Yep and they always ask the same questions, show the trends and as I've worked for them, I know they do their job right and are professional to the highest standards.
 

DaveDublin

Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2005
Messages
31
yeah - just spoke to a journalist mate of mine says same re landsdowne. While MRBI have always been out on the FF vote (adopting differing methodologies to rectify) Lansdowne seem a professional outfit.

Bertie - it would seem - can do it again.

Poor Enda!!!! Ive said it before- Richard Bruton for FG leader!

Shinners have hit a ceiling - same place for ages now.

Labour seem stalled.
 

joemomma

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 25, 2003
Messages
476
agora said:
If this poll is correct then the electorate have become an incredibly confused bunch.
What do you mean by "have become"?

While support for FF is up and they remain the largest party, there was also a very low level (37% I think) of satisfaction with the government.
Support for FF and the PDs adds up to 43%, so about 6% of the electorate is not satisfied with the government's performance, but would still vote for one of the government parties. Given that it's a coalition government, this doesn't seem too surprising - there are bound to be FFers who feel the PDs are cramping their style and vice versa.
 
Joined
Mar 20, 2005
Messages
7,992
Website
greatdearleader.blogspot.com
Support for FF and the PDs adds up to 43%
Yes and the Indos could probably bring FF-PD over the 83 mark. Also, the PD rise to 5% is very encouraging. So much for their much-vaunted "anhiliation at the next election".
 

iceman

Member
Joined
May 19, 2004
Messages
43
Jim84 said:
SF 10% and Labour on 12% within the margin of error.

Nobody has brought up is the possibility of SF overtaking Labour in the election. The last few poles have but SF within the margin of error with Labour and that was with the Bank Robbery/ McCartney and Rafferty all in the media.
Jim it is a possibility as Labour are in the shadow of FG and Rabbitte is not really thatpoupoular. SF overtaking Labour it is possible, put a tenner on it.
 

Jim84

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 10, 2004
Messages
455
iceman said:
Jim84 said:
SF 10% and Labour on 12% within the margin of error.

Nobody has brought up is the possibility of SF overtaking Labour in the election. The last few poles have but SF within the margin of error with Labour and that was with the Bank Robbery/ McCartney and Rafferty all in the media.
Jim it is a possibility as Labour are in the shadow of FG and Rabbitte is not really thatpoupoular. SF overtaking Labour it is possible, put a tenner on it.
You want to bet a tenner okay! I'll take your money
But if you meant that I should be the one placing my bet, I think not.

It is a possibility, but I don't think it will happen. (this election)
 

RFC

New member
Joined
Sep 19, 2005
Messages
2
Poll results??

Lansdowne are reputable pollsters but have had a Fianna fail bias in all their recent polls, the local election polls also for the Examiner were heavily biased towards FF when the results came out.
 

Jim84

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 10, 2004
Messages
455
Re: Poll results??

RFC said:
Lansdowne are reputable pollsters but have had a Fianna fail bias in all their recent polls, the local election polls also for the Examiner were heavily biased towards FF when the results came out.
Is the bias from the method they use?
 

RFC

New member
Joined
Sep 19, 2005
Messages
2
Poll results??

They use face to face same as MRBI both seem to be bias to FF, but only know their local stuff was badly biased to FF. Would seem to make sense when FF own polling and the recent SBP poll both seem to have been showing them in a worse position. Even the journo on the RTE news was questioning the results as a bit strange.
 
Top