FF - the what party

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
I am really angry over this Pension robbing scandal. It really is one of the few things that makes my blood boil. And then to listen to not only FF supporters, but lads I work with try to fob it off as a technicality.

So henceforth .. I believe that each and every non FF person both here, and in public discourse, refer to them as Fianna Fail - The Pension Robbing Party

And this isn't in any way an endorsement of Fine Gael or Labour on this issue. Quite frankly their response to the Travers report inside and outside the Dail is worse than useless.

Even though FF - The pension robbers make my blood boil they're still better than the alternative.

The old Paul Keating quote of being savaged by a dead sheep comes to mind every time I see Enda Kenny.

So anyone have any better or wittier ideas than FF - The pension robbing party ?

new_FF

Lets not get into branding Rock. The sheer variety of petty names one could attach to Sinn Fein would leave us spoilt for choice.

BJ

Website
www.fiannafail.ie
Can't blame us,

It was a systematic fault of the system dating back to 1973,
Thank God it now being sorted out and not lost for another 3 decades.

smiffy

Website
cedarlounge.wordpress.com
rockofcashel said:
And this isn't in any way an endorsement of Fine Gael or Labour on this issue. Quite frankly their response to the Travers report inside and outside the Dail is worse than useless.
What should their response have been?

I started reading the report, but I won't have time to get through it until tomorrow. However, from what I have seen, as well as in newspaper reports of it, it appears that the key issues around accountability (particularly around the political, rather than administrative accountability) go back to 2001, when the medical card was extended to all over-70s, and the issue was raised as a serious problem.

The question then becomes "How culpable is Michael Martin for the fact that nothing was done". But that seems to be the very question that the Opposition is pushing.

And much as I don't like FG, jjcarroll is right on how this issue came to light (although I had heard that it was Perry rather than Kenny who stumbled onto it - is this correct?)

Badnarik_Eire

jjcarroll said:
It is interesting that Rock, in his eagerness to bash FG, fails to note the role that Enda Kenny had in bringing this issue to the fore.
Wasn't he in the cabinet of one of the governments robbing them?

Krelboyne

And this isn't in any way an endorsement of Fine Gael or Labour on this issue. Quite frankly their response to the Travers report inside and outside the Dail is worse than useless. [/quote]

What should their response have been?

They could have offered to shoot those responsible.

Y'know, offer REAL opposition like SF/IRA do

jjcarroll

Website
www.semper-idem.eu
Bad, Enda Kenny raised this issue in the Dáil and sparked the exposure of all this. Since there is no evidence that this issue was raised at Cabinet level during Enda's two and a half year term as Minister for Trade and Tourism, so I cannot see what relevance your question has to this debate.

Badnarik_Eire

If it was so wrong (and later found to be illegal during FF's reign) why didn't the caring coalition stop the practice,?

jjcarroll

Website
www.semper-idem.eu
Badnarik_Eire said:
If it was so wrong (and later found to be illegal during FF's reign) why didn't the caring coalition stop the practice,?
Possibly because they did not know of it. In the Travers Report, is there any mention of Rainbow Coalition knowing of these charges and turning a blind eye?

The only thing you can say about Enda Kenny in relation to this, is that he was responsible for exposing this issue. Unsuprisingly, that will be lost in the government spin.

Badnarik_Eire

Really they were charging them for years and didn't realise it? not one heath minister since the 70s knew?

jjcarroll

Website
www.semper-idem.eu
Badnarik_Eire said:
Really they were charging them for years and didn't realise it? not one heath minister since the 70s knew?
The Travers Report did not see the need to interview Michael Noonan about this.

Enda Kenny raised this issue in the Dáil.

Enda Kenny asked Mary Harney if people would be given compensation. She said no, as it was taken in 'good faith'.

The government tried to retrospectively legalise this act of 'larceny'.

And you balme Enda Kenny!

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
new_FF said:
Lets not get into branding Rock. The sheer variety of petty names one could attach to Sinn Fein would leave us spoilt for choice.

I'm sorry but I feel that I actually have no choice but to get into branding. Quite honestly you can call Sinn Fein what you like. The only particular brand that is used for Sinn Fein that annoys the hell out of me is the use by southerners of that unionist nonsense SF/IRA.

I know you probably mean best new_FF. Dont get me wrong, I've great time for FF - The pension robbing party. Or at least I had up until the last few years. But if you as a member or supporter of FF - The pension robbing party cannot see the damage to the political process that is being done by complete lack of responsibility taken by ministers in these matters then God help you.

The Irish Rail scandal (14 m Euro job costing over 100 m)

The Redress Board scandal (taxpayers pay 800+ million while Church escape with 128 million)

The Electronic voting scandal (52 million for machines that dont work adequately, including a 4 million pound PR contract for former FFers)

The Monica Leech contracts (hundreds of thousands a year with no accountability)

No the robbing of pensioners (2 billion +)

whats the response from FF - the pension robbing party ? Reports. loads of them. With supertight terms of reference, dictated by FF - The pension robbing party and using their Dail majority to do it.

The response from the Opposition JJ quite frankly is pathetic. Your worse than useless

if you cant see that ... God help you.

and as for your labour partners .....

Bertie Ahern didn't even show up in the Dail today because of rabbites dirty deal in 2002.

Don't I have every right to be sick ? Just for argumrents sake, do you pay tax JJ or new FF? Well I do. I've to pay for this shite..

The only way I can get back is by starting a campaign to become as much as a f*cking irritant as I can to this Government. Because the opposition or media are incompetents.

Now I know that if it became widespread that people use the term FF - The pension robbing party, it would annoy the hell out of them. And the smallest piece of resistence I could offer would be worth it

Badnarik_Eire

The Trav report was looking into who knew it was illegal was it not?

I don't blame enda, I just think he should stay off the high ground on this one, after being part of a government involved in all of it.

Badnarik_Eire

Point is both Pat and Enda are blasting the government for the immorality of all this, having been part of the charging themselves.

smiffy

Website
cedarlounge.wordpress.com
Badnarik_Eire said:
Point is both Pat and Enda are blasting the government for the immorality of all this, having been part of the charging themselves.
Well if they didn't know about the illegality of the charges, and there isn't any reason for them to have known, then it isn't reasonable to say that they were "part of the charging themselves".

Badnarik_Eire

They knew it was going on they were participating in it, they may not have known it was illegal, they knew it was wrong.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies