FF to run in NI elections in 2019

Breanainn

Of course, this idea was first floated in the last decade, but aside from the establishment of cumainn in Derry and Armagh, there was little by way of fruitful result. It's hard to see them ever winning Westminster constituency elections, but not beyond the bounds of possibility that they could secure the final Assembly seats in nationalist areas?

Fianna Fail to stand for elections in Northern Ireland - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

ger12

What about the SDLP?

Breanainn

What about the SDLP?
They'd probably be better off arranging a formal alliance with either FG or Labour - the NI Greens are internally autonomous, but have a federal relationship with the Irish Greens, so a similar system could be put in place.

GDPR

At last some genuinely important Norn Iron related news. They will be getting my number one if they stand where I have my vote there.

ger12

hollandia

Of course, this idea was first floated in the last decade, but aside from the establishment of cumainn in Derry and Armagh, there was little by way of fruitful result. It's hard to see them ever winning Westminster constituency elections, but not beyond the bounds of possibility that they could secure the final Assembly seats in nationalist areas?

Fianna Fail to stand for elections in Northern Ireland - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk
I can't wait. They will be told exactly where to go. They've spent 80 years paying lip service to northern nationalists. Unionists won't vote for them. They have the dup to vote for if they want gombeenism. Nationalists won't vote for them because they see this for what it is - an attempt to show they are an all Ireland party. They've spent a total of £20 (that's right a whole twenty pound sterling) in the North since they registered. That's how serious they are. I say bring it on. I'll vote for Jim Allister before I'd vote for this shower of chancers.

ruserious

They saw the cash for ash corruption scandal and said "Phoarr we want some of that".

cabledude

I think the entire FF party, its organisation, its candidates, supporters and elected members should move up North.

(Have I forgotten any of them?)

ergo2

It will take FF all their time to hold or improve their position in the Republic.

Any votes they get would be from the SDLP

automaticforthepeople

Not surprised at this move by FF, clearly attracted up north by the RHI shambles. I presume the 2019 manifesto will propose voting machines, PPARS and the cheapest bail out ever to fund the RHI shambles while SF will fund it from the Northern Bank proceedings.

:D Cash for Ash must have enticed them. Mehole must be rubbing his hands with glee on the prospect of new jollies and backhanders.

PBP voter

Technically they ran before in NI.

The head of the Irish Government, Eamon de Valera, was elected in South Down as a Fianna Fáil member of the Stormont Parliament with 7,404 votes to 622 votes for Thomas G. McGrath, a Republican candidate
FF supporters famously sang the Irish rover at the count.

[video=youtube;gfpmuuzt3q0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfpmuuzt3q0[/video]

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies