• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

FF up in the polls, has the great FF comeback begun ?

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
According to the latest Red C poll, FF are up to 21% from what they got in the election of 17% two years ago. However FG and Labour have dropped 16%. Has the great FF comeback begun or does it show they are still reviled by most of the public demonstrated by the fact that FF can only claw back 4% from a drop of 16% over two years from a government that has been as abysmal as the one that got us into this mess ?

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
FF are going nowhere. The only reason they are back up in the polls is that despite what most FF and FG supporters say, there are a huge number of people who couldn't tell the difference between FF and FG, and are happy enough to move their vote from one of them to the other. When that doesn't work out, they'll move their vote back again. That's what's happening here.. people who voted FF all their lives felt screwed by FF.. went to FG or Labour.. realised they were going to be screwed by FG or Labour, to slipped back to FF all over again.

Those who have any kind of a brain and think about where and how they use their vote, still understand that FF were the party that destroyed the country are not yet willing to forgive them.

There are a number of other problems on the horizon for FF....

1. The local elections in 2014... FF for the last three local elections got substantially less % of the vote in the locals than they did in the previous GE... and one of the main reasons is that in a LE, there is a lot more candidate choice i.e. independents... If FF were to only get 21% in a local, they would suffer another sharp loss in the number of council seats that they have, and their "comeback" would be dented.

2. To ensure retention of council seats, they may have to run an awful lot of "old hands" who are big vote getters.. this will stifle plans to get a cohort of newer "cleaner" candidates for GE's in years ahead (as FG did in 2002 and 2009)..

3. No one wants to acknowledge that it is SF who are benefitting from the fall in Gov %.. up around 9% in polls to FF's 4%....

Porkypie

For a moment I read your headline as FF up the pole.

FFs punishment has been cut short all thanks to Reilly, Hogan, Shatter, Rabbitte, Howlin and Gilmore for not giving the electorate what they voted for, Transparency and change. The number of times that I have recently heard the phrase "Better the devil you know". FG/LP have shot themselves in the foot.

GDPR

According to the latest Red C poll, FF are up to 21% from what they got in the election of 17% two years ago. However FG and Labour have dropped 16%. Has the great FF comeback begun or does it show they are still reviled by most of the public demonstrated by the fact that FF can only claw back 4% from a drop of 16% over two years from a government that has been as abysmal as the one that got us into this mess ?
The core vote of FF, according to the ST poll, makes them the most popular party in the country by 2 or 3 points over FG, with their core vote about double since the election.

DAZ14

They will likely gain back support albeit slowly. They need a good showing in the locals. A lot of my neighbours have turned back on Government but won't vote for SF. I still think and agree with a post above however, that SF is benefiting the most from disillusionment with the Government parties.

Spanner Island

The eFFing traitors aren't really making a comeback...

I suspect when it comes to putting pencil to paper in a box beside some mug with an eFFing traitor logo beside them that any perceived mid term poll gains will diminish...

What's really happened is that FG/Lab have blown it...

And considering the mandate they were given, FG in particular have blown it big time...

Kerrygold

Well they're set to lose a fair amount of councillors if they get anything around 20% next year.

I think they got 30% in 2009.

That could be a set back for Mickey Martin and perhaps give someone less tainted a chance to move on him.

leftsoc

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"FF up in the polls, has the great FF comeback begun ?"
Great?

im axeled

i have to agree with roc, just as the eunech is an accidental t-shock, ff have no choice at the moment only climb, i think at the mo they will do ok in the local elections, people have bad roads, bad goverment, the septic tank problems, the hhc, add bottler and that long streak of misery from freshford, remember ff are past masters at electioneering, not that sf are no slouches either, some real heavy schit will hit the fan about then, at the last le and ge ff had no stomach for power, as they what was and still is coming down the tracks, this time they will be ready and will to hit the hustings.

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You're a gas man ROC, but you know, I think you believe it.
Could you elborate on how FF are supposed going somewhere instead of trying to be a comedian and failing of course ??

Big Brother

A case of a "plague on all your houses" perhaps.

Not much enthusiasm for any of the options.

Huge number of don't knows (about 20%) and Independents show people are searching for something knew.

If a credible new party emerged on the centre right, FG and FF support would fall significantly

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
No need to be hard on yourself, we all miss things from time to time.
So your all excited about the allegeded ' core ' FF vote in the poll :lol: :lol: :lol:

gaudi

Could be a change soon. Pat Leahy in SBP today saying that failure to get an ECB deal on the promissory notes could see the government break up before end of the year. Then you may get your FF/SF coalition a lot sooner than you think.

ShoutingIsLeadership

If Labour had kept their powder dry, Gilmore would have been our next Taoiseach.

Which would be worse, Gilmore as Taoiseach or FF back from the dead?