• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

FG / Lab Coalition is Anti-Irish states FF councillor

Telemachus

Website
en.wikipedia.org
Coalition is anti-Irish, says councillor | Irish Examiner

Kevin Sheahan, a Limerick based FF councillor has called for Irish Citizens to be given priority on Social Housing waiting lists. Strangely, as it stands this isn’t the case already, a person on the waiting list who is an Irish citizen has the same priority as someone on the list who is a citizen of any other country in the world.

Kevin Sheahan made the remark at a Limerick County Council meeting yesterday as he called on the Government to take a lead from the Conservative party’s anti-immigration policies in the UK.

Fine Gael and Labour members stormed out of the monthly council meeting when Mr Sheahan persisted in his demand for a notice of motion to be sent to the Department of the Environment calling for an Irish-first policy to be drawn up for social housing.[NOTE environ.ie haven’t posted an updated housing stats report since 2008]
He said: “We only do it when the English government do it. The English government have now said if you are a non-national you have to be in the country five years. But we house non-nationals straight away.
He also mentions mothers being told to go home to mammy by state services on their request for social housing.

Cllr Sheahan said:
We should put our own people first. Our economy is tight and we can ill-afford to do anything else. We need the policy along the lines passed in England.
Of course the Limerick Leader tries to imply Cllr Sheahon is a racist – a term that has lost all meaning except as a weapon to prevent conversation, here is how he responded:

Limerick Leader said:
However Cllr Sheahan denied the accusations: “I am anything but a racist. I have had people of every colour, hue and religion staying in my home and sitting at my table. But I am a pragmatic, realistic person.
“There’s an angry public out there, and I will always defend and stand by my public. The migrant coming off the plane or the ship can’t be sent home to mammy, because mammy’s in another country. So they must be getting preferential treatment”.
Michael Clifford of the Examiner said the comments "bordered on racism". This is the paper that publishes pro mass immigration puff pieces by Peter Sutherland of the Trilateral Commisson and ex AG fame.

A FG councillor Kieran Dennison of Dublin has also in the recent past expressed his disbelief at the globalised nature of the “social” housing program in this country and its costs.

Provision of social housing for non-EU nationals queried - Independent.ie

FG Cllr Dennison said:
'It was only when I was elected to the council that I realised we were housing people from all over the world. 'I can understand our obligation to provide for EU citizens who have been working here but I do question why we are providing social housing for the rest of the world.'
The councillor said that this year Fingal will spend €40m maintaining its 4,465 social housing units and administering a growing waiting list that now stand at 8,572. More than half those on the list are from outside Ireland with non-eu nationals accounting for 26 per cent of the total.
The problem here is that all our politicians now treat non-discrimination as the highest ideal to serve, they are in fact terrified of not giving it lip service, to them, an Irish person no more deserves social housing then some lad barely in the country. The primacy of the wants and needs of the Irish population has to be expressed to our politicians. They aren’t serving the world, they are serving the citizens of the Republic of Ireland first and foremost.

The fact that some Fine Gael and Labour councilors stormed out of the meeting like children with fingers jammed in their ears says much for how some people view debate and democracy.

Lets hope both Cllr Dennison and Sheahan go for TDs positions in the future, its required we have people asking the hard questions on our behalf. Phil Hogan also really needs to explain himself here as the Minister in charge of social housing allocation.

Further Reading:
Camerons Plan to restrict Housing benefits to foreign nationals in the United Kingdom.
David Cameron to ban immigrants from joining council house waiting lists for up to five years - Mirror Online
http://www.politics.ie/forum/united-kingdom/208290-pm-cameron-introduce-residency-test-social-housing-england.html

Sync

See here's the thing: The Tories aren't saying "British only". They're taking steps to dissuade benefit tourists. Now I agree with those steps, I think we should have them here.

By pushing an "Irish first" policy though Sheahan is proposing a racist agenda.

If someone from Poland/Nigeria/France has been living here for 5 years, paying taxes and contributing then why shouldn't they get equal footing with someone who happened to be born here?

If someone asked him about the above example, I doubt he'd have an issue with it. I just don't think he's the most eloquent speaker (or writer), which detracts from the overall, important, point he's raising.

odlum

More good policy positioning by Fianna Fáil. I have said before everyone must feel they have a stake in voting for Fianna Fáil even closet racists and the like. "All things to all people" brought huge success to the party and, by extrapolation, the country in the past. This is the type of policy maneuvering strategy we need to see.

Sense 0f Wonder

The most anti-Irish (or, more properly, 'un-Irish') thing here, I would like to believe, is the mentality of people like Cllr Sheahan and his supporters on sites like this.

Thankfully, most Irish people have no time for racism, biolgism or apartheid. For obvious reasons.

johnny365

The last FF le Government was certainly anti the ordinary people of Ireland, when its signed us up to pay for bankers greed and inflict austerity on the Irish people.

florin

Shame he wasn't so bolshie during his own party's time in power - why are there so many non-citizens living in Ireland if not for FF ignoring immigration and hoping things would just work themselves out?

damoireland

The most anti-Irish (or, more properly, 'un-Irish') thing here, I would like to believe, is the mentality of people like Cllr Sheahan and his supporters on sites like this.

Thankfully, most Irish people have no time for racism, biolgism or apartheid. For obvious reasons.
A new one from the arsenal of Left wing gob************************isms. Anyonoe who doesnt believe that a State should actively discriminate in favour of its citizens is a retard or brainwashed..

viper999

good point its a joke people from other countries turn up here expecting to be housed what the hell do we owe them? having never paid a red cent to the state, I agree it should take 5 years to be housed would stop a lot of welfare tourists and force them to take up work and pay rent straight away. would we be housed in Poland, Latvia, Nigeria if we turned up there in the morning like f.uck we would

damoireland

Shame he wasn't so bolshie during his own party's time in power - why are there so many non-citizens living in Ireland if not for FF ignoring immigration and hoping things would just work themselves out?
Never believe a word from those used car salesmen. It was those mefeiners who signed us up the multicultural project and implemented it with such gusto.

damoireland

good point its a joke people from other countries turn up here expecting to be housed what the hell do we owe them? having never paid a red cent to the state, I agree it should take 5 years to be housed would stop a lot of welfare tourists and force them to take up work and pay rent straight away. would we be housed in Poland, Latvia, Nigeria if we turned up there in the morning like f.uck we would
To be fair, the problem lies not with the migrants (who are only doing what they are allowed do) but with the nest of treacherous vipers like SenseOfWonder who love the be so generous to last cent of everyone else's money. Left wingers and open border types should be taxed at a higher rate to pay for their beliefs. Seems only fair.

Telemachus

Website
en.wikipedia.org
See here's the thing: The Tories aren't saying "British only". They're taking steps to dissuade benefit tourists. Now I agree with those steps, I think we should have them here.

By pushing an "Irish first" policy though Sheahan is proposing a racist agenda.

If someone from Poland/Nigeria/France has been living here for 5 years, paying taxes and contributing then why shouldn't they get equal footing with someone who happened to be born here?

If someone asked him about the above example, I doubt he'd have an issue with it. I just don't think he's the most eloquent speaker (or writer), which detracts from the overall, important, point he's raising.
The whole concept of an Irish nation state is an "Irish First" idea or at least an "Irish Citizen First" idea. You can look at this purely from a citizenship and residency perspective without even mentioning race also. Many of these people wouldnt be even citizens so I dont see why they deserve anything, if they are on a social housing list in the first place its an admission that they cant pay their way or contribute much at all. 26% of those in Fingal being non-EU nationals is an amazing stat in itself - I dont really think they should be treated the same as Irish citizens.

corelli

" No blacks or Irish".

Anyone?

Dame_Enda

There is nothing racist about what he said. The whole concept of freedom of movement within the EU needs to be reformed to take account of economic disparities between the states that could give rise to unaffordable pressures on domestic infrastructure, notably in the area of housing and social welfare. Indeed this in large part explains the crisis we are now in.

NewGoldDream

Website
-
More good policy positioning by Fianna Fáil. I have said before everyone must feel they have a stake in voting for Fianna Fáil even closet racists and the like. "All things to all people" brought huge success to the party and, by extrapolation, the country in the past. This is the type of policy maneuvering strategy we need to see.
A waste of time.

As anyone who reads contributions from the likes of Flav and Marcos, the hate mangers are in one party and they are blue to their fingertips.

This Councillor should be hauled over the coals for appealing to that lowest common denominator stuff.

johnny365

There is nothing racist about what he said. The whole concept of freedom of movement within the EU needs to be reformed to take account of economic disparities between the states that could give rise to unaffordable pressures on domestic infrastructure, notably in the area of housing and social welfare. Indeed this in large party explains the crisis we are now in.
The free movement across the Euro Zone is what the criminals trafficers and smugglers have dreamt of, they now can more freely across Europe commit crime and hitting the weakest in society. Just look at this appalling case.

Jail for women who travelled here to prey on pensioners - Independent.ie

damoireland

The whole concept of an Irish nation state is an "Irish First" idea or at least an "Irish Citizen First" idea. You can look at this purely from a citizenship and residency perspective without even mentioning race also. Many of these people wouldnt be even citizens so I dont see why they deserve anything, if they are on a social housing list in the first place its an admission that they cant pay their way or contribute much at all. 26% of those in Fingal being non-EU nationals is an amazing stat in itself - I dont really think they should be treated the same as Irish citizens.
Neither would any other right thinking person. But its the perverts and half wits who run this country so obviously they are treated the same as Irish citizens. Can you imagine any club or organisation that could continue to exist or survive, if they said they would treat members and non members alike? Only the deluded Left could come up with such counter intuitive policies like this, they have after all long histories of these types of lunatic retarded ideas that do incredible damage to societies and innocent people..

damoireland

A waste of time.

As anyone who reads contributions from the likes of Flav and Marcos, the hate mangers are in one party and they are blue to their fingertips.

This Councillor should be hauled over the coals for appealing to that lowest common denominator stuff.
Anyone in FF is already the lowest common denominator...

Dame_Enda

It's not "equality" when we have different social welfare rates in 27 countries, allowing some nationals to get 8 or 10 times the welfare rates of their home countries by coming here.