FG & Labour in Act of Deception

Destiny's Soldier

Fine Gael and Labour together, according to the polls have the backing of the majority of the Irish Public and could precipitate a General Election if they wanted to.

Together they could state that they would not honour any NAMA legislation enacted by the current Government and that they would found a new State Bank if elected to office.

By boycotting the Dail, by Enda Kenny and Eamon Gilmore holding public meetings all over the country, by organised protests, FG & Labour could take control of the country. It's obvious to many that they do not have the stomach.

The only logical conclusion is that for all their rhetoric, Fine Gael & Labour do not want to hold office at this time.

All their opposition on TV and Radio is just another act of deception.

"A man of words and not of deeds is like a garden full of weeds."

hopi watcher

Fine Gael and Labour together, according to the polls have the backing of the majority of the Irish Public and could precipitate a General Election if they wanted to.

Together they could state that they would not honour any NAMA legislation enacted by the current Government and that they would found a new State Bank if elected to office.

By boycotting the Dail, by Enda Kenny and Eamon Gilmore holding public meetings all over the country, by organised protests, FG & Labour could take control of the country. It's obvious to many that they do not have the stomach.

The only logical conclusion is that for all their rhetoric, Fine Gael & Labour do not want to hold office at this time.

They are democrats honouring the will of the people as demonstarted at the last GE. While it is clear that the people have now changed their views on the present office holders, maybe the honourable thing to expect is for FF to resign in recognition of that change. If the grubby deal they have cobbled together with the Greens is anything to go by, FF are still a bunch of 'me feiners', nothing more, nothing less. All we can expect from them is whatever is in their interests and not the countries.

flavirostris

By boycotting the Dail, by Enda Kenny and Eamon Gilmore holding public meetings all over the country, by organised protests, FG & Labour could take control of the country
No they couldn't, this isn't Zimbabwe.

Destiny's Soldier

No they couldn't, this isn't Zimbabwe.

Yes they could. They could mobilise protests to force the Govts hand and resign.

We are very much in the same territory as Iceland. We are talking about acts to preciptating an Election not a military coup.

Destiny's Soldier

Destiny - we have elections here.
Yes and I repeat, why not bring about an election.

Do you want to be shackled to €90Bn worth of PRIVATE debt?

flavirostris

Yes and I repeat, why not bring about an election.

Do you want to be shackled to €90Bn worth of PRIVATE debt?
It's your own muppets who want to do this, I presume you've left FF in protest

Thac0man

Twitter
twit taa woo

FG and Labour refuse to behave like the fringe political movements and strip themselves and those they are mandated (and expected) to represent of representation? At the end of the day both parties have to serve those who elected them by participating in the democratic process, for now as oppostion. There is no opt out.

Neither FG and Labour are the SWP. SWP can refuse to take Dail seats, because they don't have any. SWP can refuse to back NAMA, because they were not asked. SWP can refuse to partake in parlimentry democracy, because they have no place in said system.

Destiny's Soldier

Like many FFers, you haven't a clue child.

:)

Rather than whine about me and sidestep the elephant in the room, it would be quite easy for FG especially, to organise a protest against NAMA. Like the farming community getting up in arms about milk prices etc etc.

By their inaction, we can only conclude they are tacitly in agreement with FF policy at this time.

They should stop engaging in a grotesque act of deception.

According to some, protest is now only something associated with Zimbabwe.

Mouroux

They are not going to seek power because they know the vast majority of Irish people, if push came to shove, would give overwhelming support to NAMA. The rest is just rhetoric because it 'feels' as if NAMA should be opposed by the 'people', whatever that means. I'm afraid the public are just not that strong minded. FF/Greens followed by FF/SF or FF/Labour. The status quo will be maintained for at least another decade.

eoinod

So you are suggesting that a party that prides itself on the establishment of Democracy in Ireland (FG) should circumvent the same democracy that the party went to such lengths in the past to protect from those who wished to destroy it?

Destiny's Soldier

Well Well Well.

John Gormley on with Matt Cooper spelled it out today.

Members of the opposition last week came over to him imploring him not to bring about a General Election last weekend.
Which proves my point. Commentators pm'd me saying I was talking crap.

Apart for his Climate Change delusion, John Gormely is a breath of fresh air.

FG & Labour are engaged in an act of deception.

peader odonnell

Well Well Well.

John Gormley on with Matt Cooper spelled it out today.

Members of the opposition last week came over to him imploring him not to bring about a General Election last weekend.
Which proves my point. Commentators pm'd me saying I was talking crap.

Apart for his Climate Change delusion, John Gormely is a breath of fresh air.

FG & Labour are engaged in an act of deception.
FG and Labour rideing high in the polls and they dont want an election ,who are you kidding?

donalmc

Whilst I would agree that FG and Labour would probably prefer to wait till the Spring for an election (wisely, imo), suggesting that they are dishonest for not staging a coup is silly, even for the average lunatic that seems to permeate this place.

Mundungus

No sitting TD or Senator wants an election right now, for their own little common reason. They are all huddled together, terrified of being usurped.
There'd be a call to replace Kenny with someone more charismatic, in an FG bid for government. The same could be said of Gilmore. They are probably too insecure about that.

Monkey-Magic

Have you only realised now that parliamentary democracy is a complete sham?

Simbo67

So you are suggesting that a party that prides itself on the establishment of Democracy in Ireland (FG) should circumvent the same democracy that the party went to such lengths in the past to protect from those who wished to destroy it?
+1 to this and previous posts.

We have a responsibility to the people who elected FG TD's to see that they are in the parliament to hold this present government accountable (as much as they can under the present constitution). Calling for us to withdraw from the parliament is basically saying that you guys don't want anyone opposing you when you are making decisions.
This is a stupid thread, if you want to spread the blame, you should look at your own party.

westkerryblue

I dont want a FG/Lab government......I want a FG overall majority.

True Republican

I dont want a FG/Lab government......I want a FG overall majority.
There's not a snowballs chance in hell of FG getting an overall majority, FG won't get near 40% of the vote with the wooden plank in charge.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies