FG Manifesto will deliver a better Ireland - Kenny

jjcarroll

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 28, 2003
Messages
314
Website
www.semper-idem.eu
Enda Kenny today launched Fine Gael's general election manifesto. The key points are:

1. Create health services that work, ensuring that cost and capacity don't prevent people from getting treatment that is high quality, timely and close to home.

2. Make our communities safer by focusing on victims' rights and making life a lot tougher for criminals.

3. Spend taxpayers' money well, getting maximum value and sacking any Minister who spends carelessly.

4. Support families as they deal with challenges of modern Ireland and transform education by incentivising innovation in schools to meet pupils' needs and focusing on outcomes.

5. Build an environmentally-sustainable society, with renewable energy, transport, green housing and reduce our impact on global warming.

6. Lower the cost of living on working families, making childcare, housing, and healthcare more affordable.

7. Cut taxes for all taxpayers, with a focus on relief for families and first-time homebuyers, and ensure Ireland's strong economy and jobs are not put at risk by complacency or lack of competitiveness.

8. Manage Ireland's immigration system in a way that is good for immigrants and good for the Irish by establishing clear rights and responsibilities for immigrants.

9. Protect rural Ireland to ensure vibrant communities, a modern and sustainable farming industry and an equitable distribution of wealth throughout the country.

10. Promote peace on the island, work with our European partners and strengthen our international reputation.


Summary on Fine Gael website

Link to the full manifesto to be added when available
 


Conor

Moderator
Joined
Apr 7, 2004
Messages
5,149
mcguirkj said:
A fine manifesto.
It's a bit samey though, isn't it?
 

hiding behind a poster

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 8, 2005
Messages
48,122
Conor said:
mcguirkj said:
A fine manifesto.
It's a bit samey though, isn't it?

What would you prefer - crackpot stuff just for the sake of being different?
 

The Earl of Desmond

Active member
Joined
Apr 13, 2007
Messages
232
For Fine Gael it's stead as she goes as it seems FG can't lose either way - we will definetely win more seats and even if we dont get into gov it seems unlikely a stable FF gov can be formed so it could be like in 87 only then Enda K just needs a bit more patience.
 

pfkf

Member
Joined
Oct 3, 2006
Messages
71
just been to FF website and they only have about 4 lines of Critisim about the whole Manafesto

"The Fine Gael Manifesto is a blueprint for economic and social regression.

Implementation of the Fine Gael Manifesto would deliver 1,000 less Gardai onto our streets and 1,500 less acute beds in our hospitals, than the Fianna Fáil option.

The Irish people are more ambitious than that.

This Manifesto is a blueprint for economic regression."

http://www.fiannafail.ie/article.phpx?t ... ews%20Item

It is quite funny that this economic critic is coming from the man that was an integral part of the 1977 FF manefesto that nearly bankrupted the country.

- If that's all they can come up with, it is fairly lame critisim, and considernig FF reputation on delivering public services makes the main bulk of their arguement is null and void.


FF are on the ropes, roll on May 24th
 

Conor

Moderator
Joined
Apr 7, 2004
Messages
5,149
hiding behind a poster said:
Conor said:
mcguirkj said:
A fine manifesto.
It's a bit samey though, isn't it?

What would you prefer - crackpot stuff just for the sake of being different?
No, no, it's a pretty enough manifesto. Just a bit boring though. Doesn't really say an awful lot about what it'd do differently.

I'm sure the full document will be far more electrifying.
 

ditchhurler

Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2006
Messages
23
Anyone hear Sean O'Rourke on the news today ask THE question that Enda should have been asked long time ago. Why if Garret the Good and John Bruton did not think the should have had a senior ministry when he was in Government,why should the electorate trust him with the highest office of all? His main achievement in Government was the Tourism Task Force Report of 1992 - how many posters remember this?
 

rover

Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2006
Messages
69
pfkf said:
"The Fine Gael Manifesto is a blueprint for economic and social regression.

Implementation of the Fine Gael Manifesto would deliver 1,000 less Gardai onto our streets and 1,500 less acute beds in our hospitals, than the Fianna Fáil option.

The Irish people are more ambitious than that.

This Manifesto is a blueprint for economic regression."
bloody hell thats a pathetic response

"like being savaged by a dead sheep"
 

L'Chaim

Well-known member
Joined
May 2, 2007
Messages
18,736
Did anyone see the FG posters with the slogans about being tougher on crime and promising more difficult bail for criminals. Someone needs to explain to Enda about the system of justice we have here called Due Process. Now due process exists everywhere in the developed world and it's based on the idea of an individual's right to a fair and public trial properly conducted, the right to be heard at his trial and the right to an impartial jury.

Someone needs to explain to Enda that in the eyes of the law a person isn't a criminal until after they are convicted, so his tough talk about making bail tougher for criminals is ridiculous. Enda you muppit, they aren't criminals until after they are convicted. In the eyes of the law they are innocent until they are proved guilty, and as innocent people they are entitled to bail.
 

pfkf

Member
Joined
Oct 3, 2006
Messages
71
L'Chaim said:
Did anyone see the FG posters with the slogans about being tougher on crime and promising more difficult bail for criminals. Someone needs to explain to Enda about the system of justice we have here called Due Process. Now due process exists everywhere in the developed world and it's based on the idea of an individual's right to a fair and public trial properly conducted, the right to be heard at his trial and the right to an impartial jury.

Someone needs to explain to Enda that in the eyes of the law a person isn't a criminal until after they are convicted, so his tough talk about making bail tougher for criminals is ridiculous. Enda you muppit, they aren't criminals until after they are convicted. In the eyes of the law they are innocent until they are proved guilty, and as innocent people they are entitled to bail.
They are not entitled to Bail unless the judge grants it
 

Van Occupanther

New member
Joined
Apr 19, 2007
Messages
2
ditchhurler said:
Anyone hear Sean O'Rourke on the news today ask THE question that Enda should have been asked long time ago. Why if Garret the Good and John Bruton did not think the should have had a senior ministry when he was in Government,why should the electorate trust him with the highest office of all? His main achievement in Government was the Tourism Task Force Report of 1992 - how many posters remember this?
And what was Enda's answer then?
 

Mozalini

Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2007
Messages
28
ditchhurler said:
Anyone hear Sean O'Rourke on the news today ask THE question that Enda should have been asked long time ago. Why if Garret the Good and John Bruton did not think the should have had a senior ministry when he was in Government,why should the electorate trust him with the highest office of all? His main achievement in Government was the Tourism Task Force Report of 1992 - how many posters remember this?
But he wasn't a Minister in 1992?
 

runotwalk

New member
Joined
Nov 4, 2006
Messages
3
Just downloaded the whole thing. Looks pretty good.
Not possible to deliver it all, every second line is a promise.

Take education for example, I see 43 separate promises, everything from breakfast clubs to new maths courses is included. They are even still promising to make Irish optional in the LC, even thought Labour previously said that they are against this.
 

Paddylekker

Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
79
His answer wasn't too bad. Not great, but not terrible.

O'Rourke threw him a very soft one straight afterwards about how happy his Department of Trade and Tourism and O'Rourke led Enda into a question about how this meant he was so good at motivating people and making things happen.
 

CJH

Active member
Joined
Feb 24, 2004
Messages
214
Mozalini said:
ditchhurler said:
Anyone hear Sean O'Rourke on the news today ask THE question that Enda should have been asked long time ago. Why if Garret the Good and John Bruton did not think the should have had a senior ministry when he was in Government,why should the electorate trust him with the highest office of all? His main achievement in Government was the Tourism Task Force Report of 1992 - how many posters remember this?
But he wasn't a Minister in 1992?
Learn your party's history
 

L'Chaim

Well-known member
Joined
May 2, 2007
Messages
18,736
pfkf said:
L'Chaim said:
Did anyone see the FG posters with the slogans about being tougher on crime and promising more difficult bail for criminals. Someone needs to explain to Enda about the system of justice we have here called Due Process. Now due process exists everywhere in the developed world and it's based on the idea of an individual's right to a fair and public trial properly conducted, the right to be heard at his trial and the right to an impartial jury.

Someone needs to explain to Enda that in the eyes of the law a person isn't a criminal until after they are convicted, so his tough talk about making bail tougher for criminals is ridiculous. Enda you muppit, they aren't criminals until after they are convicted. In the eyes of the law they are innocent until they are proved guilty, and as innocent people they are entitled to bail.
They are not entitled to Bail unless the judge grants it
And yet he supported that farmer in Mayo who was convicted of manslaughter. So much so that he wanted to introduce a bill proposing that people should have more powers of self defence against intruders. So much for getting tough on crime. Tough on crime unless the crime is in his own county and it's locally popular to support a convicted criminal
 

Universal_001

Active member
Joined
Apr 7, 2006
Messages
222
Implementation of the Fine Gael Manifesto would deliver 1,000 less Gardai onto our streets and 1,500 less acute beds in our hospitals, than the Fianna Fáil option.
Yes but if you take into account the FF habit of breaking their key election promises, then it's a net gain in beds and hospitals with FG :wink:
 

Catalpa

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 10, 2004
Messages
10,257
Manage Ireland's immigration system in a way that is good for immigrants and good for the Irish by establishing clear rights and responsibilities for immigrants

Oh ye of little faith! :D

Whadda I tell ya over the years I have been on this Site?

Namely that Immigration would be an Election issue and that the lead would come from an established politician!

Catalpa does it again....

YES!YES!YES!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
 

ditchhurler

Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2006
Messages
23
CJH said:
Mozalini said:
ditchhurler said:
Anyone hear Sean O'Rourke on the news today ask THE question that Enda should have been asked long time ago. Why if Garret the Good and John Bruton did not think the should have had a senior ministry when he was in Government,why should the electorate trust him with the highest office of all? His main achievement in Government was the Tourism Task Force Report of 1992 - how many posters remember this?
But he wasn't a Minister in 1992?
Learn your party's history
I stand corrected it was 1995 the task force reported. Anyway, his answer was that he was great friends with Garret and John and also Angela Merkel came into it somewhere and that he's rubbed shoulders with lots of luminaries in his time.

Lot's of defenders of Enda keep on saying that he hasn't had a chance in Government to prove himself, that's why the question Sean O'Rourke posed is such a probing one - expect to see FF follow this line a lot more if the Rainbow look like making it over the line - who knows maybe an enterprising journalist might even ask Garret himself why he didn't rate Enda enough to give him a senior ministry.
 


New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top