FG Men out of control?

hollandia

On the back of the raft of recent criticism facing SF, it turns out accusations of bullying are not the preserve of one particular party...

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/fg-to-launch-noone-bullying-investigation-1.3402312

Senator Catherine Noone, if she is to be believed, has been victim of a campaign of misogynistic bullying at the hands of some of her party colleagues.

Senator Catherine Noone made claims of bullying and sexism against a member of her own party at a meeting of TDs and senators this week.

Ms Noone said she had been subjected to misogyny by a male colleague over a number of years.

Both Ms Noone and the figure at the centre of the allegations have declined to comment.

In a statement on Thursday, Fine Gael said it is dealing with the claims as an internal issue. “Fine Gael Parliamentary Party Chairman Martin Heydon has written to the General Secretary Tom Curran regarding an internal matter within the party,” the statement said.

“Due process will be followed and the matter will be dealt with swiftly. Fine Gael expects party colleagues to treat all with the utmost respect, professionalism and dignity at all times.
Since this got nary a mention on RTE news this evening, i feel it warrants its own thread. Or in line with recent P.ie sentiments, five or six threads, until this is resolved to everyone's satisfaction.

So... what's new about this? Well nothing really, bullying, as unpleasant as it is, is a fact of life, and more so in politics where egos can run riot.

So, strap in folks as this is played out on RTE over the next few months, with every FG panellist asked "are FG doing enough to prevent bullying in the party?" regardless of the topic at hand...

between the bridges

Quack...

Mick Mac

Bit of a pattern. Didn't they also lose some Barry fella as well.

What about the groper td from a few years back.

Mick Mac

hollandia

You're not concerned about a bullying culture in a party of government anymore bridgy? You were quick to defend the boul Arlene against Jonathon Bell, as I recall...

https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/business/foster-bell-used-his-physical-bulk-when-confronting-me-1-7736796

Here is a transcript of Mrs Foster’s interview with Mr Nolan. Arlene Foster (AF): I relation to a meeting with Jonathan, I do recall a meeting with Jonathan. And rather than me being abusive with him, he was very aggressive with me, and I have a witness in relation to how he spoke to me, on that... Stephen Nolan (SN): What happened? AF: Well I was sitting in my room and he came in and used his physical bulk to stand over me in quite an aggressive way. So much so that he was, not physically, but he was told to step back.

Round tower

On the back of the raft of recent criticism facing SF, it turns out accusations of bullying are not the preserve of one particular party...

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/fg-to-launch-noone-bullying-investigation-1.3402312

Senator Catherine Noone, if she is to be believed, has been victim of a campaign of misogynistic bullying at the hands of some of her party colleagues.

Since this got nary a mention on RTE news this evening, i feel it warrants its own thread. Or in line with recent P.ie sentiments, five or six threads, until this is resolved to everyone's satisfaction.

So... what's new about this? Well nothing really, bullying, as unpleasant as it is, is a fact of life, and more so in politics where egos can run riot.

So, strap in folks as this is played out on RTE over the next few months, with every FG panellist asked "are FG doing enough to prevent bullying in the party?" regardless of the topic at hand...
She is 1, i would expect that these allegations will be investigated and if wrong doing is proved that the apropiate actions is taken, she has not resigned unlike in SF which has lost 15 County Councillors in the last couple of years due to bullying allegations.

hollandia

Bit of a pattern. Didn't they also lose some Barry fella as well.

What about the groper td from a few years back.
ah - this lad?

Twitter abuse: Fine Gael TDs call out senior party member who labelled women 'bitches'

Bit of a stir now as FG member Barry Walsh asks where the push for a referendum is coming from. 'Women,' shout members of the audience. 'Open your ears' shouts another.
He's not the first, either...

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/fgs-conlan-bullied-me-exsecretary-tells-tribunal-30800666.html

Ms Shevlin claims she was "bullied and harassed" by Mr Conlan before she was dismissed. The TD also denies this allegation and claims he was forced to dismiss his secretary because she "publicly undermined" and "politically damaged" him.
Definite pattern here lads. I wonder will there be reams of indo newsprint dedicated to this culture of bullying, or perhaps a Prime Time special...

hollandia

She is 1, i would expect that these allegations will be investigated and if wrong doing is proved that the apropiate actions is taken, she has not resigned unlike in SF which has lost 15 County Councillors in the last couple of years due to bullying allegations.
Sean Conlon? Barry Walsh? No pattern there...

One could almost be forgiven for assuming that FG have yet to be house trained/aren't fit for government/are still in the dark ages*

*delete as appropriate as per your favourite cliché...

GDPR

"Any internal party matters are dealt with in the strictest of confidence and Fine Gael will not be making any further comment,” Official Statement. petunia

Something went very badly wrong here, because the Senator actually broke down during a private FG meeting to discuss plans to celebrate the centennial of women getting the franchise. *Hypocrisy always gets you.

It seems that after this she made an informal complaint to the party chairman but it was on foot of what she describes as a long history of bullying from this individual.

Questions:

(1) Who knew? The bullying does not seem to have taken place in private.
(2) What is the culture which makes it so difficult to report?
(3) Would this have been investigated if the complaint had not been made public?
(4) Who else is involved?

Mick Mac

ah - this lad?

Twitter abuse: Fine Gael TDs call out senior party member who labelled women 'bitches'

He's not the first, either...

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/fgs-conlan-bullied-me-exsecretary-tells-tribunal-30800666.html

Definite pattern here lads. I wonder will there be reams of indo newsprint dedicated to this culture of bullying, or perhaps a Prime Time special...
That was him. It looks like a pattern.

Lost expectation - I hope your railing against the assumption of gender and not saying it's a one off.
It's a repeating occurrence.

storybud1

Irish times giving the pro abortion FG female member some back up ? what's new ?

Has she reported any illegal activity to the Gardai or just using the scum media on her side to ensure she is the victim and comes out squeaky clean ?

Kitchen, heat, get out , etc,,

Leo better watch out, she is after his job, she knows how to use the media and politicians as we all know are never to be trusted.

Uganda

Isn't noone lucky the Cabra fishwife isn't in charge of FG?

With the fishwifes record, noone would be run out of FG.

Not to mention the fishwifes attitude to rape victims.

milipod

isn't noone lucky the cabra fishwife isn't in charge of fg?

With the fishwifes record, noone would be run out of fg.

Not to mention the fishwifes attitude to rape victims.
dude, you are stupid

stopdoingstuff

Damn. I better join. Are there other even more misogynistic parties or should I stick with FG?

Eoin Coir

Did Noone say it was a he or a she. I'd say its some Pro Life activist.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies