FG Minister seeks passports of twitter/facebook users

Analyzer

Herr Rommel

It's just buffoonery! Always remember the Blueshirt roots from The 1930s and you won't go to far wrong!
They took the pension from the heroes of the civil war that should tell you all you need to know about this shower of sh1tę.

carlovian

In fairness to Daly, Ive always believed that the passports of FG supporters should be recorded and listed publicly.

I feel people should know who these people are.

Johnny Zordan

Isn't he the same gob************************é who wanted to ban teenagers from unsupervised access to the internet and to fine retailers who sold smartphones to minors ?

im axeled

Isn't he the same gob************************é who wanted to ban teenagers from unsupervised access to the internet and to fine retailers who sold smartphones to minors ?
a keep em dumb, what they dont know wont trouble em, zelot

Spirit Of Newgrange

in 1950's ireland it was fellas like him that banned james joyce for being too rude.

jmcc

"He studied at NUI Maynooth, and Mary Immaculate College, Limerick becoming a primary school teacher.[4]"

****ing typical!

GDPR

LOL I verified my Facebook account using a Chinese passport I found in Google Images :lol:

They'll never take this shiitposter alive :lol:

Dame_Enda

Report in this mornings Sunday Independent or Sunday Times that the govt is considering getting the Dept of Social Welfare to issue people with verification IDs they must use when signing up for social media accounts! Intended to end online anonymity on social media. Sounds to me like first step to a police-state. It reminds me of the Putin law registering bloggers with 100,000 users.

I believe that the privacy of ones political beliefs is sacrosant, and that if we go down this road, that politicians will use it for voter suppression of persons who have criticised the govt online.

gleeful

Report in this mornings Sunday Independent or Sunday Times that the govt is considering getting the Dept of Social Welfare to issue people with verification IDs they must use when signing up for social media accounts! Intended to end online anonymity on social media. Sounds to me like first step to a police-state. It reminds me of the Putin law registering bloggers with 100,000 users.

I believe that the privacy of ones political beliefs is sacrosant, and that if we go down this road, that politicians will use it for voter suppression of persons who have criticised the govt online.
That sounds completely unworkable. Even if such a system existed, making each website host its own database of registered user IDs means it will be hacked. The hacked database will be released on the internet and then anyone can signup as anyone else. Stupid idea.

Dame_Enda

That sounds completely unworkable. Even if such a system existed, making each website host its own database of registered user IDs means it will be hacked. The hacked database will be released on the internet and then anyone can signup as anyone else. Stupid idea.
Its also reported that the tech giants are offering to help promote FG's targeting of voters online. Is this a cosy deal? Plans to fine the tech giants for offensive material are also being shelved.

Civic_critic2

The class nature of the parliamentary system is increasingly exposed as the different sides begin to square up, with the the current holders of power resorting ever more blatantly to force to secure their privileges.

lostexpectation

Website
dublinstreams.blogspot.com

jim daly writting a letter is not quite the government considering it

gleeful

jim daly writting a letter is not quite the government considering it
You'd have to wonder if such a plan would breach EU law on the single market. It would be effectively enforcing a costly new feature on these companies just for the Irish market - they would argue it was market distorting and should be done at an EU level or not at all.

bormotello

Even Putin scrapped his crap law when he realised that it never will work
Looks like very soon he will be the most liberal politician in Europe

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom