FG seeks playground on Croppies Acre (1798)

Dame_Enda

A FG councillor is seeking to build a playground on part of the Croppies Acre in Memorial Park, in Wolfe Tone Quay. The councillor argues it will help offset anti social behaviour.

Will you join me in calling for the idea to be dropped?

Let the Patriot Dead rest in peace.

shutuplaura

It does seem rather strange building a playground on a mass grave. But I am divided on this. The inner city can always use new facilities, the park has always been under utilized and it could also be argued that a place for young kids to play, grow and develop is a great monument to people who have their lives for Ireland.

recedite

Shooting gallery or playground, which is better?
Some of the pics in that article show it to be in a disgraceful state.
The problem with this place being so close to the Phoenix Park is that it cannot compete as a recreation area, and is just left to the junkies.
To me it looks very suitable as a base for some kind of water taxi service, similar to what many other cities have. The tourists could peruse the memorials while they waited for the boat, and there could be stalls and/or coffee shops or kiosks.

owedtojoy

A FG councillor is seeking to build a playground on part of the Croppies Acre in Memorial Park, in Wolfe Tone Quay. The councillor argues it will help offset anti social behaviour.

You could argue that the Croppies fought for Irish children to play happily on Irish-owned soil.

As long as the patriot dead are suitably memorialised, a part of the site to be given over for children to play could be seen as a monument in itself.

McTell

//

//
The murdered prisoners were all flung into the liffey. There are no patriot dead buried there, it';s a memorial park invented in 1998 as a way of using an un-developable site that may be needed for future road works.

Playground an excellent idea, but for the compo laws approved by modern patriots making all playgrounds unviable.

Stentor

It does seem rather strange building a playground on a mass grave. But I am divided on this. The inner city can always use new facilities, the park has always been under utilized and it could also be argued that a place for young kids to play, grow and develop is a great monument to people who have their lives for Ireland.
Poor choice of location if thats your motivation, as its not really the inner city. North and East from that location as far as say Connolly Station a more appropriate spot could be chosen.

Currently the croppy is well used in fine weather and is also a nice tent pitch for intravenous drug users and assorted tablet-heads. My favourite spot within its confines are the lavender beds though and of course the cycling around and around with Morning Star Mountain God. Besides, where are all the fairies going to walk their pugs?

Antisocial behaviour? Where? Do you people mean the facebook organised teen handbags at 20 paces thingy? Snortgiggle! For one thing they came from the suburbs to attend. Most likely out of lockdown boredom. Secondly, if you fear anything that happens there you are a total pussy and deserve to stay locked in your prole hutch masturbating over Tubs and Joe Duffy.

Please stop trying to 'fix' everything in the North Inner City. Yeer track record sucks.

Now phuck off up to Smithfield and refurb the shitty playground thats been neglected not 200 meters from the Croppy. While you're there bring back Europes last remaining horse fair tards. Thanks.

Hands off the Croppy bitches!

Stentor

Banner on this thread should read...

FGFF gombeen makes yet another 'what about the kids, won't someone think of the kids' style virtue signal.

Ya realise it's more like stop thinking about the kids. Again, very very poor track record there.

Thats right, rebrand the paedo record. All good.

Disgusting!

shutuplaura

Poor choice of location if thats your motivation, as its not really the inner city. North and East from that location as far as say Connolly Station a more appropriate spot could be chosen.

Currently the croppy is well used in fine weather and is also a nice tent pitch for intravenous drug users and assorted tablet-heads. My favourite spot within its confines are the lavender beds though and of course the cycling around and around with Morning Star Mountain God. Besides, where are all the fairies going to walk their pugs?

Antisocial behaviour? Where? Do you people mean the facebook organised teen handbags at 20 paces thingy? Snortgiggle! For one thing they came from the suburbs to attend. Most likely out of lockdown boredom. Secondly, if you fear anything that happens there you are a total pussy and deserve to stay locked in your prole hutch masturbating over Tubs and Joe Duffy.

Please stop trying to 'fix' everything in the North Inner City. Yeer track record sucks.

Now phuck off up to Smithfield and refurb the shitty playground thats been neglected not 200 meters from the Croppy. While you're there bring back Europes last remaining horse fair tards. Thanks.

The scabby-horse fair is gone? No harm from what I hear.

Anyway, I think you have me confused with someone else. I have no particular knowledge of anti social behaviour at croppies acre and have certainly no fear of the place. But it is very underwhelming as a park currently. It's neither reverential or useful in it's current guise. But I am still divided by this. As you seem to have missed before indulging yourself.

Clanrickard

The Blueshirts really do come across as being west brits sometimes.

dresden8

The Blueshirts really do come across as being west brits sometimes.
Sometimes?

I remember the 1916 commemoration when they celebrated Liz 2, Bono and Unionist Bob Geldorf being in the GPO.

Shameless bastards.

ShoutingIsLeadership

Who are the Croppy bitches? Very disrespectful.

dresden8

See, it is making a comeback. Now let's push poxbottle. Proper Dublin 1980s. Too soon for cntbubble?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom