FG senator says he is victim of discrimination as he didn't get preferential treatment from GAA re tickets

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
FG senator says he is victim of discrimination as he didn't get preferential treatment from GAA re tickets

FG Senator Paddy Burke's entitlement complex is pretty severe
Senator accuses GAA of discrimination over tickets
"She[Michelle Mulherin] raised the issue of the way this house was discriminated by the GAA and I fully subscribe to that. I got the same letter myself."
...He added: "That's how we are viewed by the GAA and the media. So we have to take stock of that. The GAA on the biggest day in their calendar drew a line between the Dáil and the Seanad."
Have they any idea how the optics of this look ?

It really is bizarre power tripping...by a body that lacks democratic legitimacy ...

cyp

ruserious

The people voted for reform. Why haven't we seen reform?

enuffisenuff

ship all these morons off to the f*cking moon!!

Betson

What a sense of entitlement , it seems to be the only thing they have got animated about since they started to sit this term.

Do you even hear themselves and how how badly they come across when they spout this nonsense.

I hope the people who voted to keep these people in employment at great expense to the state are really proud of themselves.

Clanrickard

Dame_Enda

Akin to the French nobles complaining of discrimination when forced to pay taxes in 1789.

statsman

The people voted for reform. Why haven't we seen reform?
What reform did the people vote for? We were asked if we wanted to abolish the Seanad and we said no. There was no reform on the ballot.

Dame_Enda

It really is bizarre power tripping...by a body that lacks democratic legitimacy ...

cyp
In defence of Marie Antoinette, its probable Queen Marie Therese (wife of Louis XIV) or the Empress Marie Theresa (Marie Antoinettes mother) was the actual source of that language.

hiding behind a poster

In defence of Marie Antoinette, its probable Queen Marie Therese (wife of Louis XIV) was the actual source of that language.
In further defence, the translation is misleading. The word translated to "cake", actually meant bread cast-ffs, ends and crusts.

Amnesiac

Mayo Fine Gael well represented in this whingefest. Burke, Mulherin, and Noone all fighting the good fight.

Burke is a senator since 1993. I find this incredible for a man with no national profile. He was a member of Mayo County Council from 1979 until 2003 when his brother, Cyril Burke, was co-opted to replace him. Cyril still holds the seat and served as Cathaoirleach for 2012-2013. Their father, Pake Burke, was a member of the council from 1967 to 1974 and their grandfather, Patrick Burke, was a member from 1934 to 1945.

wombat

We had our chance to be rid of the piggies & their trough but the majority couldn't be ar5ed to take it.

Uganda

cyp
Wrong.

It has democratic legitimacy.

A majority voted to keep it. Be careful whatyou vote for - you might get it.

Thankfully I voted to abolish.

The Field Marshal

Wait a minute.

The Senator is merely expressing a simple truth.

The GAA clearly are discriminating between the two house,s of the Seanad.

I suppose though the aforesaid Senator should just suck it up.

Or should he?

Would it not be fairer of the GAA to allocate some tickets to the Seanad?

Of course being a power hungry bunch of bastards the GAA know which side their bread is buttered so tickets only for those in the Dail who make the laws and approve the massive taxpayers funding for the GAA.

Uganda

Wait a minute.

The Senator is merely expressing a simple truth.

The GAA clearly are discriminating between the two house,s of the Seanad.

I suppose though the aforesaid Senator should just suck it up.

Or should he?

Would it not be fairer of the GAA to allocate some tickets to the Seanad?

Of course being a power hungry bunch of bastards the GAA know which side their bread is buttered so tickets only for those in the Dail who make the laws and approve the massive taxpayers funding for the GAA.
The TDs can apply for tickets when there is a game on involving their constituency.

Since when did "The Labour Panel" get into an all Ireland?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies