FG senator says he is victim of discrimination as he didn't get preferential treatment from GAA re tickets

Eoin Coir

How far did FF go towards scrapping the Senate - I cannot remember any legislation, much less a referendum?.

When push comes to shove most practising politicians are or were lukewarm about abolishing it.
several minister of FF - like Tony Killeen called for ref as same day as GE 2011, but did not bring forward legislation,so you are correct in that regard.

ergo2

EC

I won't requote your above remark.

I hope that on mature reflection that you will delete it

loner

May we have another referendum, please ?
Looked at a debate there the other night for almost 2 hours the other night--- statements on an impending Garda strike and judicail appoitments----no more than 8 Senators in the House for the debate---FG benches had one speaker and for a short period no member present===no sign of any of those who have been so vocal about their being ignored by the GAA--have we any sense of reality.

Please please as we did for Lisbon and Maastricht---LET US HAVE ANOTHER REFERENDUM

Round tower

Looked at a debate there the other night for almost 2 hours the other night--- statements on an impending Garda strike and judicail appoitments----no more than 8 Senators in the House for the debate---FG benches had one speaker and for a short period no member present===no sign of any of those who have been so vocal about their being ignored by the GAA--have we any sense of reality.

Please please as we did for Lisbon and Maastricht---LET US HAVE ANOTHER REFERENDUM
The other night , was either Tues. or Wed. in the Dail, when the MOJ spoke their was only 2 or 3 TD's present in the chamber.

Seanie Lemass

GAA and FAI and probably IRFU give tickets, paid for, to local TDs. They are actually elected by people who live in places represented by teams so it is a legitimate enough call. Senators are not elected by any local constituency.

im axeled

GAA and FAI and probably IRFU give tickets, paid for, to local TDs. They are actually elected by people who live in places represented by teams so it is a legitimate enough call. Senators are not elected by any local constituency.
FG don't have a Dail majority, nothing preventing FF & SF reforming the Seanad.
As every one is aware the failures will never entertain the shinners unless they have a majority over them, then and only then will they try and use them similar as how they are using the trousering party

Eoin Coir

so if Ireland are playing, all TDs over 26 counties get ticket to Aviva Landsdowne

PeaceGoalie

What gets me is all this licking up to the GAA etc by politicians who have no interest or involvement in it. I was looking through the CV of various TDs and wanna bes and they are all members of GAA clubs: some are involved in three or more at the same time.
At least Jack Lynch and some others were always there before the Minor game and not just for the selfie. Politicians should stick to climbing up scaffolding in their robes whenever Ireland win a soccer match. Many of them would be better off climbing the monkeys' cage in the zoo if they could raise their IQs a few notches.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies