• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

FG/SF Coalition

riker1969

Seems Vlad the impaler has ruled this out but I dont believe him. In the end you live long enough you realise its all about bums on mercs-FF/PDS-FF/LAB-the chuckle brothers in the North etc etc

wombat

What makes you think that the combination would have a majority anytime in the future?

hiding behind a poster

I was surprised he ruled it out last night, but he was very emphatic about it. Usually leaders like to leave themselves a little wriggle room, but "under no circumstances" doesn't leave much of that.

hiding behind a poster

What makes you think that the combination would have a majority anytime in the future?
It's very close to a majority now, and both parties are polling higher than they did at the last election.

riker1969

I never said it needs to be a majority. We have had minority coalition Governments before. But I think FG/SF would together hit about 75 seats on a good day. Id like to see SF in power-stop them whinging for a few years plus they might accelerate social housing and they certainly cant be worse on the health services.
We all know FG will pitch on low taxes but crap services manifesto.
BTW Im open minded on who I might vote for next election.

wombat

I was surprised he ruled it out last night, but he was very emphatic about it. Usually leaders like to leave themselves a little wriggle room, but "under no circumstances" doesn't leave much of that.
Maybe he wants to gain the confidence of the members who didn't vote for him?

riker1969

A politician is like a horny male-will say anything to seduce but the morning after the election is a different thing altogether.

riker1969

Vlad the impaler knows he has only one real shot at winning an election. The electorate are beginning to realise he aint much better than Enda just looks better and virtue signals at the drop of a hat. He has wrung the shit out of the LGBT/Abortion stuff .

MsDaisyC

Irish politicians are prostitutes. You only have to look at how FF hoored themselves out to FG for the Con/supply job. Politicians of every hue will sell themselves and their low standards to anyone with a brown envelope in order to keep their snouts in the trough.

hiding behind a poster

A politician is like a horny male-will say anything to seduce but the morning after the election is a different thing altogether.
No, politicians are very careful with language. Even "I don't foresee any circumstances" is nominally different to "under no circumstances".

hiding behind a poster

Irish politicians are prostitutes. You only have to look at how FF hoored themselves out to FG for the Con/supply job. Politicians of every hue will sell themselves and their low standards to anyone with a brown envelope in order to keep their snouts in the trough.
That doesn't make any sense. FF were offered a full coalition with FG in 2016, which would have had FF ministers, possibly even an FF Taoiseach for some of the government's term. All stuff that I'm sure you'd be delighted to refer to as "snouts in the trough". They turned it down, and they get nothing financially from the present C&S arrangement.

Care to think before posting in future?

SuirView

No, politicians are very careful with language. Even "I don't foresee any circumstances" is nominally different to "under no circumstances".
Why did ex FG leader John Bruton rule out even talking to DL (Democratic Left) before the 1992 general election and then going into government with them?

MsDaisyC

That doesn't make any sense. FF were offered a full coalition with FG in 2016, which would have had FF ministers, possibly even an FF Taoiseach for some of the government's term. All stuff that I'm sure you'd be delighted to refer to as "snouts in the trough". They turned it down, and they get nothing financially from the present C&S arrangement.

Care to think before posting in future?
Except secure wages and a generous expenses package for the duration of this government. They play along like they're in opposition while propping up this government. FF are nothing but FG's eunuchs and concubines.

Round tower

In our area the SF candidate in the fortcoming LE has photos on Face book wearing a suit and a BLUE TIE, he does call me a Dublin GAA jersey colour and he actualy looks like a duck out of water, he normaly wears a jacket and jumper and he does not look naturaal in a suit.
As after the next GE i would not be happy going into coation with SF, dont think they can be trusted and some of their policies would put the country bsck to the colapse.

michael-mcivor

In our area the SF candidate in the fortcoming LE has photos on Face book wearing a suit and a BLUE TIE, he does call me a Dublin GAA jersey colour and he actualy looks like a duck out of water, he normaly wears a jacket and jumper and he does not look naturaal in a suit.
As after the next GE i would not be happy going into coation with SF, dont think they can be trusted and some of their policies would put the country bsck to the colapse.
Watch how you dress with this one- it’s the top priority it seems-
Time will tell on how well Sinn Fein do in government in the 32 Country-

Antóin Mac Comháin

Watch how you dress with this one- it’s the top priority it seems-
Time will tell on how well Sinn Fein do in government in the 32 Country-
SF will improve on their % of votes from the Presidential election in the locals, but they're the 'Greens-in-waiting' in the south, and they won't be able to spin a loss of seats into a victory. As Republicans predicted in 1998, the only United Ireland SF would deliver, is one in the United Kingdom, and the way things are heading, that will be altered to cross-border bodies with two Assemblies and a single Police Force of Ireland under the Joint Authority of the Government in London, similar to what we have now, but not quite the same thing, and certainly nothing like the historic Irish Republic with its Democratic Program. The Trot virus, and I call it a virus because that's what it is, has poisoned all of the Irish Republican organizations bar none, including the ones outside SF, so the situation is irredeemable and it can't be reversed. No names, no scandals, but I read an article penned by a Republican leader recently in which he stated that his group were above 'bourgeois elections', which typifies the symptoms of the contagion. When I read that, which is the cutting edge of Republican thinking, I knew for sure the game was up. I can't see what else SF can do, but beg Fine Gael to act as its condom. If it was me, I'd take the readies and head for the hills. If the Irish people want to be colonized slaves, who are we to tell them otherwise?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies