FG & SF stimulus plan

civilserpant

If I recall correctly (open to correction), both FG in New ERA and SF in their Oct 2010 budget submission, both intended to use the nat Pension Fund to drive investment in their stimulous packages.

FG also proposed (after separating the networks) selling off 'old' semi-states to create new ones for broadband, renewable energy etc, but the plan also used NPF monies.

So, being the two parties that have proposed a stimulous plan, and the money that was to be used for it, now gone to, once again, save the banks.. where to now???

(Labour supporters feel free to put the Labour plans out there...)

Last edited by a moderator:

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
If I recall correctly (open to correction), both FG in New ERA and SF in their Oct 2010 budget submission, both intended to use the nat Pension Fund to drive investment in their stimulous packages.

FG also proposed (after separating the networks) selling off 'old' semi-states to create new ones for broadband, renewable energy etc, but the plan also used NPF monies.

So, being the two parties that have proposed a stimulous plan, and the money that was to be used for it, now gone to, once again, save the banks.. where to now???

(Labour supporters feel free to put the Labour plans out there...)
Down deep into a hole, that's where.

The Government has thrown away the present, and are now in the process of throwing away the future.

Are you a civil servant ?

Why aren't you and your colleagues downing tools this morning at the fact that your pension money is being given to the banks ?

TimBuckII

Twitter
Yes I am

The Government has thrown away the present, and are now in the process of throwing away the future.

Why aren't you and your colleagues downing tools this morning at the fact that your pension money is being given to the banks ?
Nothing to worry about. With the raise in the retirement age and the price of fuel in a colder climate coupled with the continued reduction in the health service the Government has planned for us all to be retired for much shoter periods. There is too much money in the PRF.

Skrynesaver

Nothing to worry about. With the raise in the retirement age and the price of fuel in a colder climate coupled with the continued reduction in the health service the Government has planned for us all to be retired for much shoter periods. There is too much money in the PRF.
A solution to Mary Harney's "Unfortunately people are living longer" problem at last.

Mary Frances

the spelling mistake in the OP is terrible and subsequent posts also got it wrong. Surely the OP should spell "stimulus" correctly. I think it's only good manners to check spelling before posting

DeputyEdo

the spelling mistake in the OP is terrible and subsequent posts also got it wrong. Surely the OP should spell "stimulus" correctly. I think it's only good manners to check spelling before posting
You started your post with a small "t". You should have used a capital "T".
I think it's only good manners to check your grammar, spelling and syntax before posting. :rolleyes:
:p

Asparagus

You started your post with a small "t". You should have used a capital "T".
I think it's only good manners to check your grammar, spelling and syntax before posting. :rolleyes:
:p
+1

I nearly cried when i saw the lower case "t".

collina

The Fund isn't just for Public Servants. Its intended for SW payments too; roughly half-n-half. Everyone should be downing tools.

DeputyEdo

+1

I nearly cried when i saw the lower case "t".
I wouldn't have cried about it :p
It just always amuses me to see some numpty on a forum correcting someone's mistake, when they clearly haven't got a good grasp of the language themselves :D

civilserpant

sorry, I actually (for once) spell checked it in word and it didn't come up red lined... but you're 100% right, apologies.

Oldira1

Maybe its because civil servants are happy that their wages are now guaranteed to be paid for the next few years and that the Croke Park deal in in situ.

civilserpant

The Fund isn't just for Public Servants. Its intended for SW payments too; roughly half-n-half. Everyone should be downing tools.
100% right, the fund when set up post-Eircom sale was for all. Public service pensions are paid out of general taxation, there's no set pension fund.

I'd down tools if there was a general strike, no qualms, whats being done to this state, and the ravaging of any chance the next government has of fixing it is deplorable. As for the above poster. HNo, we're not happy.. but there are many very scared public service workers too who having been made scapegoats for the last 2 years are very relucant to put their heads out there and protest.

But back on topic....

Skyrocket

SF's position is that the EU/IMF should shove their bailout. But where then will we get the extra 19 billion to pay for welfare and wages?

havesomeimagination

the NPRF also funds the state pension you know so it affects private & public sector workers. The reason there is no strike action over this is because the spineless trade union bureaucrats have not called for it.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies