FG standing for something

stringjack

1
Moderator
Joined
Feb 8, 2003
Messages
3,887
agora said:
So you honestly think that a commitment to realistic, properly-funded increases in investment in health (with an accomagnied decrease in the bureaucratic nonsense) and education and a move towards European standards of public transport would drive people towards the free-market whackos in the PDs? Interesting.
Well, no. Only if people took them seriously. Which, I'll grant you, is no small assumption.

There's already a party like the one you describe. It's called the Labour Party.
 


Gladstone

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 10, 2005
Messages
420
stringjack said:
agora said:
So you honestly think that a commitment to realistic, properly-funded increases in investment in health (with an accomagnied decrease in the bureaucratic nonsense) and education and a move towards European standards of public transport would drive people towards the free-market whackos in the PDs? Interesting.
Well, no. Only if people took them seriously. Which, I'll grant you, is no small assumption.

There's already a party like the one you describe. It's called the Labour Party.
Problem with them is they also have ideas like giving free money to rich kids.
 

stringjack

1
Moderator
Joined
Feb 8, 2003
Messages
3,887
Gladstone said:
Problem with them is they also have ideas like giving free money to rich kids.
No, there are much worse problems. I have yet to see a convincing attack on that policy on these boards.
 

Gladstone

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 10, 2005
Messages
420
Well in fairness I havn't seen a good one in favour of it.

We all know when an 18 year old gets a couple of grand their gonna piss it down the tolit not invest it.

Free money!

And the worst part of it is, he announced it after bashing the SSIAs!
 

GusherING

Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2005
Messages
72
I think FG's neutrality policy is a good realistic one. If only they had such good ideas for everything else and more Gay Mitchells.
 

Gladstone

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 10, 2005
Messages
420
GusherING said:
I think FG's neutrality policy is a good realistic one. If only they had such good ideas for everything else and more Gay Mitchells.
My thoughts exactly.

Pity that radical zeal could not be applied to health, education and crime.
 

NGTR

Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2004
Messages
28
Website
www.freewebs.com
Gladstone said:
FF and the PDs occupy the right, it's crowded, you need to move to Social Democracy.
Fianna Fail have shown themselves to be shifting further to the Left I'd argue Gladstone: the announcement by An Taoiseach that hes one of the last Socialists left in Irish politics added to the departure of McCreevy from Finance would be a couple of examples.
 

Trojanhorse

Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2005
Messages
93
NGTR said:
Gladstone said:
FF and the PDs occupy the right, it's crowded, you need to move to Social Democracy.
Fianna Fail have shown themselves to be shifting further to the Left I'd argue Gladstone: the announcement by An Taoiseach that hes one of the last Socialists left in Irish politics added to the departure of McCreevy from Finance would be a couple of examples.
Centre Left Darling.............like we always generally and traditional been!!
 

Gladstone

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 10, 2005
Messages
420
Don't misunderstand me, neither are actually right wing, just to the right of the other Irish parties, neither of their policies have changed and the programme for government was not ammended, they are just putting the PR emphasis on the parts of their programme that are left and centre.
 

TheBanned

Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2004
Messages
96
Gladstone said:
Don't misunderstand me, neither are actually right wing, just to the right of the other Irish parties, neither of their policies have changed and the programme for government was not ammended, they are just putting the PR emphasis on the parts of their programme that are left and centre.
Is this to attract Labour?
 

Gladstone

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 10, 2005
Messages
420
Labour are stuck where they are.

It's so FF can keep what could turn into SF votes

and so PDs can keep the liberal (as opposed to run your life for you conservative-McDowell) vote from going to FG.
 

TheBanned

Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2004
Messages
96
Gladstone said:
Labour are stuck where they are.

It's so FF can keep what could turn into SF votes

and so PDs can keep the liberal (as opposed to run your life for you conservative-McDowell) vote from going to FG.
Don't you think that the lack of transfers problem will do fo SF in any event?
 

Gladstone

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 10, 2005
Messages
420
The PDs are the only ones screwd for transfers, McDowell took care of that, the man really has been a disaster for the partys image.
 

TheBanned

Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2004
Messages
96
Gladstone said:
The PDs are the only ones screwd for transfers, McDowell took care of that, the man really has been a disaster for the partys image.
I agree, I think he talks the talk but the u-turn on olunkunle has been the final nail in the coffin for his credibility.
 

Gladstone

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 10, 2005
Messages
420
That pissed off the simplistic middle class rascist vote

His drink laws pissed off the traditional liberal vote.

what a mess
 

TheBanned

Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2004
Messages
96
Gladstone said:
That pissed off the simplistic middle class rascist vote

His drink laws pissed off the traditional liberal vote.

what a mess
I know alcoholics form a large part of the electorate but how big a proportion of the population would be simplistic middle class racists?
Very few I'd have thought?
 

Gladstone

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 10, 2005
Messages
420
OH YOU'D BE VERY SURPRISED! :D

Catiplia (or whatever he is called) assumption that the racist vote is mostly working class is untrue.

Most liberals are also middle class, meaning he has eroded an already unstable support base pushing it to FG.
 


New Threads

Most Replies

Top