FG TDs as corrupt as FF

SPN

You brought in the guarantee. This in turn led you to nationalise Anglo. You did not "confiscate" it from its owners - you took over, as a direct result of your guarantee idiocy, a mountain of liabilities which now have to be funded by the taxpayer.

Empty supermarket shelves? Sure we already had empty shopping centres thanks to your friends in Anglo and FF.

Oh, it was the Brits now? I thought that was the Seanie/Drumm line, didn't realise you'd swallowed it too.

Muppet.
We'll see ;)

pfkf

Personally I'd prefer to see them setting up clean new banks and winding down all the others until the day the guarantee ends - let the receiver deal with whatever is left after that.

AIB and BOI both have Balance Sheet problems that will dwarf Anglo's problems, and both will end up being nationalised before the end of the Summer.

We, the citizens, need new Banks, and we need them ASAP.

Good to see you agree with Richard Bruton, that a good bank/bad bank system needs to be set up.

SPN

Good to see you agree with Richard Bruton, that a good bank/bad bank system needs to be set up.
Where Richard and I differ is that he wants to set up Bad Banks, whereas I want to set up good banks, and he appears to want to set up a Provisional AIB and a Provisional BOI, whereas I want to see Mutual Banks that are owned by the customers.

The old Banking system is on the way out. We need a new system that meets our future needs, not a reconstituted version of what got us into this mess.

pfkf

Where Richard and I differ is that he wants to set up Bad Banks, whereas I want to set up good banks, and he appears to want to set up a Provisional AIB and a Provisional BOI, whereas I want to see Mutual Banks that are owned by the customers.

The old Banking system is on the way out. We need a new system that meets our future needs, not a reconstituted version of what got us into this mess.
You be sure to lobby either of the Brians the next time you see them.

Ah Well

The only reall difference between the chancers in FF and the chancers in FG is that the former shower are in power:

TD couple 'double claim' overnight expenses
Well, the former mentioned chancers are in power now for a LONG time and the fruits are abundant .... it's slightly disingenuous to title the latter as chancers seeing as they aren't/haven't been in power for quite a substantial period at this stage. Of course, that remains open to amendment if they attain control and show that to be the case after a honeymoon period

nuj

We'll see ;)
I never realised that if you lay down with FF you'd end up getting Saturday-night-republican fleas.

followmylips

Mr Mc Hugh has been lecturing people in Donegal about the corruption in FF and the fat cats in the country. He learned his trade well as he and his family were ardent supporters of Independent FF for many years. Kenny and FG are welcome to him.

teachertime

I'm not defending it, I said it was wrong and shouldn't have happened, and they probably should repay the expenses.
...And tell me, do you think that the probability of them repaying the money they stole from the taxpayer is closer to the region of KK winning the hurling all ireland or of Barack Obama being made imperial wizard of the KKK???

goosebump

when your TD's voted to bail out Anglo you muppet
FG supported both the bank guarantees and the nationalisation of Anglo Irish Bank.

McHugh/Enrights double-claim doesn't rank with the actions of some members of FF, but coupled with Phil Hogans 'I can't afford a pay cut' comments from last week, doesn't exactly show FG in a very good light when it comes to 'leadership'.

sligonthleitrim

To be fair to them, they stopped claiming the allowance last July. They did so of their volition, not because they were forced to do so when it became public. If they were FF members, I doubt very much if they would have stopped claiming, even at this stage. Remember Beverly and her refusal to stop claiming her allowance, even when outed?

I accept they probably should have stopped sooner, but they did, and they didn't make a big deal out of having done so.

followmylips

The only reason they stopped was on foot of queries to FG HQ. In other words they were caught,if they were entitled to it then why stop. If not then they must pay it back. If they were working for a private company and carried on like this then I think they would be obliged to pay it all back. I t was taxpayers money remember and someone in the country has to work to pay that tax. She is after all the FG spokesperson for Social Welfare. What is the difference between dole cheat and TD cheat ??

smitchy2

I think must politicians are cute hores alright.
Especially in FF and to a much lesser extent in FG.

These unvouched expenses are lunacy rubberstamped by the old boss Ahern.

RocheFG09

You would claim that if it was your job, I would do it if it was my job.... They didn't write the rules. Yes the rules are a bit ridiculous but they are entitled to it. More power to them for stopping.

Orando Broom

From my neck of the woods, rumours abound that it may not be the only kick in the goolies FG receive.

I may add I find the rumours to be straining credulity, but the way the thing has gone in the last few days...

turdsl

I think F.F. should not say too much about corruption for a few years when two of their
former thoiseach brought shame on the country and had to resign.

Question R24U

I think F.F. should not say too much about corruption for a few years when two of their
former thoiseach brought shame on the country and had to resign.
That is lame. I think there are more than FF'ers criticising it (and as I said their claims were no worse than Bev Flynn/Liam Twomey's - corrupt is the wrong word).

As for FF taoisigh resignations due to corruption that is also inaccurate:
Dev went to the Park.
Lemass retired.
Lynch was brought down as the number of backbenchers feared for their seats in the wake the oil crisis/his economic mismanagement.
Charlie went because Albert sensed blood when Doherty rekindled an old controversy (is the Minister for Justice listening in on Geradline Kennedy corrupt when she may have been receiving leaked information?)
Albert went because Ahern never told him about the Duggan file.
Ahern went (about 4 years too late in my opinion) because his authority was seeping away as his evidence ran into credibility difficulties (but it cannot be said that it was in fact due to corruption).

Still, in the 56 out of 77 years that the above have ruled government; the country has improved greatly. But that is a whole different point.

teachertime

Constructive criticism please....whats your alternative?
Jesus....one shower is ******************** and the other shower is ******************** so we just have to deal with it...Great, men like you have always been real forces for change!!!!!

flavirostris

As for FF taoisigh resignations due to corruption that is also inaccurate:
Charlie went because Albert sensed blood when Doherty rekindled an old controversy (is the Minister for Justice listening in on Geradline Kennedy corrupt when she may have been receiving leaked information?)
Yes it is corrupt, that was a flagrant abuse of power, an example of Haughey's Banana Republic style politics

Popular Threads

Most Replies