FG TDs as corrupt as FF

brasco

Jesus....one shower is ******************** and the other shower is ******************** so we just have to deal with it...Great, men like you have always been real forces for change!!!!!
Calm down, calm down....

Now, should change be managed within the present political framework working inside political parties or from the outside with more legislation?

grassroots

FG supported both the bank guarantees and the nationalisation of Anglo Irish Bank.

McHugh/Enrights double-claim doesn't rank with the actions of some members of FF, but coupled with Phil Hogans 'I can't afford a pay cut' comments from last week, doesn't exactly show FG in a very good light when it comes to 'leadership'.
I think you will find FG voted against the nationalisation of Anglo.

followmylips

I see that FG County Councillor Gareth Reid from Ballybofey has been fined €4,000 for dangerous driving,having no insurance and no licence. He "Escapes drink driving conviction" according to Donegal News (Fri 27th Feb ) as the case had been adjourned so many times.
Quoting the newspaper " The Garda said he was very drunk , has glazed eyes and a slurred speech, he mounted the the foothpath when pedestrians were there and was swerving from side to side " according to Garda Traynor at Letterkenny District Court.... " Garda Traynor said Reid was taken to Letterkenny Garda Station following his arrest . However,he refused three times to sign a copy of his breath analysis statement "
" The court heard Reid had three previous convictions for careless driving, not wearing a seat belt,and failing to produce insurance"

Well he seems a good candidate to represent Donegal which has the highest rate of road deaths in the country. I'm sure Enda will give him his full backing. If he was FF it would be on the SIX One News.

jerryp

I see that FG County Councillor Gareth Reid from Ballybofey has been fined €4,000 for dangerous driving,having no insurance and no licence. He "Escapes drink driving conviction" according to Donegal News (Fri 27th Feb ) as the case had been adjourned so many times.
Quoting the newspaper " The Garda said he was very drunk , has glazed eyes and a slurred speech, he mounted the the foothpath when pedestrians were there and was swerving from side to side " according to Garda Traynor at Letterkenny District Court.... " Garda Traynor said Reid was taken to Letterkenny Garda Station following his arrest . However,he refused three times to sign a copy of his breath analysis statement "
" The court heard Reid had three previous convictions for careless driving, not wearing a seat belt,and failing to produce insurance"

Well he seems a good candidate to represent Donegal which has the highest rate of road deaths in the country. I'm sure Enda will give him his full backing. If he was FF it would be on the SIX One News.
If this is true , then Kenny has to act immediately.

followmylips

I see Sunday Tribune following up Mc Hugh and Enright's double claiming. They are refusing to give it back. Cynical politics, they claim they were entitled to claim double for staying in same bed. Tell that to social welfare recipients. McHugh and wife were getting 300 per night tax free while some one on dole would only get that in a week to keep a family, and Ms Enright spokesperson on Social Welfare. The article also says that they refused to answer other questions put to them. I suspect that they were asked to name the dates that they stayed in Dublin together. The dates didnt match up obviously and refused to tell Tribune. I hope the journalist keeps digging as there is more to this story than we know..

back.again

What all this fails to state is that it happened 3 years ago! Long before he was involved in Fine Gael to any major level and basically 2 and a half years before he became a councillor! He broke a window with a football when he was 6 to piss of a neighbour, he should never been allowed a secondary education! if he was a councillor at the time fair enough but he wasnt!

God its good t be back :D

back.again

I see Sunday Tribune following up Mc Hugh and Enright's double claiming. They are refusing to give it back. Cynical politics, they claim they were entitled to claim double for staying in same bed. Tell that to social welfare recipients. McHugh and wife were getting 300 per night tax free while some one on dole would only get that in a week to keep a family, and Ms Enright spokesperson on Social Welfare. The article also says that they refused to answer other questions put to them. I suspect that they were asked to name the dates that they stayed in Dublin together. The dates didnt match up obviously and refused to tell Tribune. I hope the journalist keeps digging as there is more to this story than we know..
bit of a beverly flynn moment "entitled to it" me thinks mchugh should of just gave it back to save a whole pile of bother! he'd get ZERO thanks for it but the perceived negativity of it does them no favours.

followmylips

Blind loyalty is poor judgement. As far as I know Donegal County Council have spent alot of money on road safety and this fool is putting himself forward to represent the people. Comparing it to beaking a window when he was six is a a cop out. It's ok to do it BEFORE you enter politics, a sort of an amnesty. I see in the newspaper report that his solicitor mentioned everything except to say he was a councillor. He told the court that he needed the licence to work as lorry driver, he doesn't work as lorry driver , I live in Ballybofey and know that he cannot as he has given it up. Hypocracy.

back.again

Blind loyalty is poor judgement. As far as I know Donegal County Council have spent alot of money on road safety and this fool is putting himself forward to represent the people. Comparing it to beaking a window when he was six is a a cop out. It's ok to do it BEFORE you enter politics, a sort of an amnesty. I see in the newspaper report that his solicitor mentioned everything except to say he was a councillor. He told the court that he needed the licence to work as lorry driver, he doesn't work as lorry driver , I live in Ballybofey and know that he cannot as he has given it up. Hypocracy.
firstly he works as a lorry driver part-time. he couldnt do both. secondly loyalty me arse. i just cant see how if someone enters politics at 40 years of age every single thing they did before that should be considered. 3 years ago and the reason it was brought up about lorry driving is because that was his profession at the time. ill tell you one thing if the other councillors in the area were held to the same standards that your expecting off reid ballybofey wouldnt be such a ******************** hole! Nd being from the area I know!

followmylips

Im afraid your argument doesnt stand up.The case was made that he needed the licence now to earn a living and the judge said that, he didnt say its because he needed it 3 years ago.I wouldn't fancy you defending me, Id end up in jail for a parking offence. All things must be considered when choosing a candidate, your logic would mean that a paedophile or a convicted murderer can stand for FG as the crimes were committed before they joined the party. Get a life you loser.

back.again

jaysus easy on!! well he doesnt work part-time as a lorry driver for the craic, he does it to put money in his pocket, councillors dont earn that much that you could raise a family on it!
there is a bit of a difference between murderin someone and dangerous drivin, yeah if he had have killed someone, might be a different story. look its against the law no matter what your job is, to do what he did but what im tryin to say is he shouldnt be held to a higher standard now for something he did 3 years ago and all your comments above neglected to state that it happened long before he was a councillor. where do you draw the line... politician with no seat belt on, speeding....its all wreckless but the amount of politicans that have penalty points is unreal

Oppenheimer

The salient point in the article... "which is available unvouched to all government deputies." it is the system that is corrupt and people will use it (some say abuse it). Our public representatives, local and national, are protected by an archaic system that no business in the country well run or otherwise would accept as it is completely inefficient in proactively managing costs.

And if anyone gets on here and says TDs don't have the time to fill out expense forms, they are too busy.....well I'll...........effin, effin, grrrrr......!

noelg

Website
www.directdemocracyireland.org
The fact that people from FG are defending them is deeply worrying. I was going to vote for that party but it looks like the only difference between them and Fianna Fail is opportunity.

Are they going to be paying back the money they stole from us?
Maybe there is an acceptable level of corruption, tut tut , can we not find a nicer word for it?

daveL

while not ethical behaviour, and rather distasteful; comparing it to the likes of our corrupt FF jet setting overlords is typical FF grasping.

they put an end to it gracefully.

not like our John 'I've done nothing wrong, I leave office with my held head high' O Donoghue

ellie08

Nobody is as corrupt as FFer's. That is a universally accepted law.

noelg

Website
while not ethical behaviour, and rather distasteful; comparing it to the likes of our corrupt FF jet setting overlords is typical FF grasping.

they put an end to it gracefully.

not like our John 'I've done nothing wrong, I leave office with my held head high' O Donoghue
So Dave there IS an acceptable level of corruption :confused:

Last edited:

noelg

Website
They refused to pay it back, and they refused to take pay cuts. They would fit nicely in to FF.

noelg

Website
Nobody is as corrupt as FFer's. That is a universally accepted law.
Ellie I have just scrolled up to see that alas I have wandered on to a FG worshippers part of politics.ie. FF are corrupt because the system allowed them to be corrupt. That means you and I. We get what we deserve. We have now had enough. It is time to change our political system and ensure that there are sufficient controls, and penalties to prevent this happening ever again. It is possible.
Now to bury your head in the sand and say we are not as bad as them, while partially correct, is also because of lack of opportunity ie. one term in government at a time. In councils all around the country corruption is rife across all parties, and council officials. Now let's get rid of FF and the problem will go away? Dream on.

New Threads

Most Replies