• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

FG TDs get advice on dealing with Twitter criticism.

Kev408

According to this link from the Irish Times FG TDs and Senators have been getting advice on how to deal with criticism on Twitter. They have been advised to take criticism on the chin (like Obama, it says?).

FG Twitter users told to 'take criticism on the chin' in social media protocol - Political News | Irish & International Politics | The Irish Times - Fri, May 10, 2013

It seems strange to have to advise the people who are running the country on how to deal sensibly with criticism. Naturally, the FG in-house guide couldn't help itself setting a good example for its trainee Twitter users by having a go at FF supporters' comments which they describe as 'impersonal' and 'not only uninspiring but incredibly boring'.

I know FG are inexperienced at leading and that would explain their naivety in dealing with criticism. Maybe some FG posters on P.ie should learn how to deal better with criticism. A good place to start would be by accepting that FG are not always, every single time, on every single issue, right.

friendlyfire

I hope your life is as good as it is on Facebook!!!

When the next election comes round and the politicians are on the canvass,we will just have to be more two faced then ever and....if they can blatantly lie then I will promise every damm one my number one vote!

james toney

Maybe Fine Gaels Tommy Morris should have taken that Social media protocol course,instead of taking newspapers.

hellsbells

According to this link from the Irish Times FG TDs and Senators have been getting advice on how to deal with criticism on Twitter. They have been advised to take criticism on the chin (like Obama, it says?).

FG Twitter users told to 'take criticism on the chin' in social media protocol - Political News | Irish & International Politics | The Irish Times - Fri, May 10, 2013

It seems strange to have to advise the people who are running the country on how to deal sensibly with criticism. Naturally, the FG in-house guide couldn't help itself setting a good example for its trainee Twitter users by having a go at FF supporters' comments which they describe as 'impersonal' and 'not only uninspiring but incredibly boring'.

I know FG are inexperienced at leading and that would explain their naivety in dealing with criticism. Maybe some FG posters on P.ie should learn how to deal better with criticism. A good place to start would be by accepting that FG are not always, every single time, on every single issue, right.
Or the hbap method ie go fnck yourself .

carlovian

Is the fg advice breaking into every house in the country and taking the computers ?

Bonsai Experiment

I hope your life is as good as it is on Facebook!!!
One quango for advising them about criticism on Twitter and another for advising them on criticism on Facebook and another one to make a report into whether the quango for advising them on criticism on Myspace, should be wound down over the next 15 years.

Socratus O' Pericles

They must not be paying attention to that -there was an FG Dublin City Cllr. on the RTE Radio 1 news at approx. 8.50 -the topic was the disbursement of the Household Tax-who stated ,quit originally I thought, Fianna Fáil bankrupted the country-now that's what I call taking it on the chin!!

readytogo

Obama's twitter account ignores all replies, not just criticism. It would be impossible to do otherwise, as his interactions would be constantly updating at lightning speed.

Socratus O' Pericles

Or the hbap method ie go fnck yourself .
Sometimes allied to; sure you've got to have hope and aren't things getting better. I wouldn't be surprised if hbap was that FG TD that was on #vinb last night. He was very hopeful that things would improve .

Spanner Island

As long as they're not blowing fortunes of OUR money bringing in all sorts of arsehole 'experts' to teach them how to deal with a bit of online abuse - then I'd prefer this approach to the 'let's close down and/or control the internet' bullsh!t many of them have been banging on about in recent years...

Education is the key to all of this...

It should also be happening in our schools with pupils being taught that posting online is the equivalent of publishing in a global newspaper and that they may well have to accept real world consequences for what they do and say online...

borntorum

I love the laughable attempt to suggest that by ignoring abuse they'll be like Obama. I'm sure lots of unpleasant people, like BNP or National Front representatives, ignore abuse on twitter too.

Eoin Coir

I laugh at all the people who say that its time to stop blaming FF. And that in a country and from a people who still sort of remember the damage the Famine did here !

MacO'velli

MacO'velli likes this.

MacO'velli

Sometimes allied to; sure you've got to have hope and aren't things getting better. I wouldn't be surprised if hbap was that FG TD that was on #vinb last night. He was very hopeful that things would improve .
In fairness to that TD he seemed like a nice guy.

Analyzer

One quango for advising them about criticism on Twitter and another for advising them on criticism on Facebook and another one to make a report into whether the quango for advising them on criticism on Myspace, should be wound down over the next 15 years.
Sounds like job creation......for FG/LP election canvassers, and former business associates of current ministers.

It is like having the Drumcondra Ditherer back in again.

Honecker

Hopefully they'll also get advice on what is an appropriate amount to drink while in Parliament.

Analyzer

Hopefully they'll also get advice on what is an appropriate amount to drink while in Parliament.
A quango is being formed for that as well.

A Biffo, Johnny Cash, a Ditherer, and a former Taniaste are being shortlisted to lead it.

Roisin Shortall has already been informed that she will be the last person to be considered. She has already infuriated the drinks lobby, and is persona non grata as far as the Irish establishment are concerned.

regards,
the Publican party.

Sync

How hard is it to train people on this? "No one cares what's said online. They care about what you as a famous person say about what's said online. Ignore it and it goes away."