FG TDs sold out Membership yet again!

nwofg1

Yet again the membership in FG have been screwed over by its TDs. We made it very clear that we did not want Leo Varadker as the new leader. Yet again we sold out by these "Judas" TDs. Remember its the hard work of the members who helped elect these people.
And when the next GE is called i am asking all members to tell these TDs to go to hell. I will never help out my TD again he sold out, ignored us. I have been a loyal member since 1981 i joined the party because we had a wonderful leader in the late great Garret Fitzgearld, a real class act now we have been left with Judas TDs who ignore the very people who helped make them TDs.
Its us the members who devote our time and energy to help them get elected. I have spoken to many members in different constituency's and we will be waiting we will see you fail Varadker and your Judas TDs. You will not be forgiven for this treachery.

LEO OUT NOW

Analyzer

No. Leave Leo in charge.

Best thing to happen to FG since Noonan became leader.

enuffisenuff

if you support FG/FF/LAB/SF you deserved a good shafting to be honest..

nwofg1

No. Leave Leo in charge.

Best thing to happen to FG since Noonan became leader.
You are wrong , this guy does not care about people , he is only there to look after himself. I weep at the thoughts of my children living in Ireland he will leave us, I dont care about where he is from, or the fact never worked a day in his life , or that he is Gay, this is not important what counts is that he has been a joke in every portfolio he has had. Get rid now before he destroys the country. We need Simon, we need Pascal not this guy.

Analyzer

You are wrong , this guy does not care about people , he is only there to look after himself. I weep at the thoughts of my children living in Ireland he will leave us, I dont care about where he is from, or the fact never worked a day in his life , or that he is Gay, this is not important what counts is that he has been a joke in every portfolio he has had. Get rid now before he destroys the country. We need Simon, we need Pascal not this guy.
To be honest. We don't any of the three of them. The thrre of them are chancers.

Until we get there leave Leo in charge. Noonan 2.0.

nwofg1

To be honest. We don't any of the three of them. The thrre of them are chancers.

Until we get there leave Leo in charge. Noonan 2.0.
He should be called LYING LEO, the people will send him packing, but unfortunately there is no opposition to remove him.

tipofdiceberg

Yet again the membership in FG have been screwed over by its TDs. We made it very clear that we did not want Leo Varadker as the new leader. Yet again we sold out by these "Judas" TDs. Remember its the hard work of the members who helped elect these people.
And when the next GE is called i am asking all members to tell these TDs to go to hell. I will never help out my TD again he sold out, ignored us. I have been a loyal member since 1981 i joined the party because we had a wonderful leader in the late great Garret Fitzgearld, a real class act now we have been left with Judas TDs who ignore the very people who helped make them TDs.
Its us the members who devote our time and energy to help them get elected. I have spoken to many members in different constituency's and we will be waiting we will see you fail Varadker and your Judas TDs. You will not be forgiven for this treachery.

LEO OUT NOW[/QUOTE]

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
FFG OUT NOW
Sold Ireland out

VOTE INDEPENDENT

EUrJokingMeRight

FG really enjoyed ************************ing the Irish electorate in the aras after they were elected. Leo clearly has the experience to continue the FG shafting of the Irish taxpayer.

wombat

FFS call Joe.

nwofg1

FG really enjoyed ************************ing the Irish electorate in the aras after they were elected. Leo clearly has the experience to continue the FG shafting of the Irish taxpayer.
These TDs in FG treat the members like cheap whores, slaves, they expect us to work for free and help them get a nice 100k a year job, and we have to pay for this, its all wrong

Windowshopper

Them the rules. I do think there is a benefit that party TDs getting a strong say because 1. they have a closer view of the candidates and know them than many ordinary party members, 2) elected TDs despite claims to contrary are the most 'in touch' people in politics: they know what the public want better than most party activists who can be politically anoraks and more politically zealous. 3) TDs have a democratic mandate.

And I say this as someone who would have preferred Coveney.

nwofg1

Them the rules. I do think there is a benefit that party TDs getting a strong say because 1. they have a closer view of the candidates and know them than many ordinary party members, 2) elected TDs despite claims to contrary are the most 'in touch' people in politics: they know what the public want better than most party activists who can be politically anoraks and more politically zealous. 3) TDs have a democratic mandate.

And I say this as someone who would have preferred Coveney.
I take your points on board, but are you not surprised at how many members voted against him?

Windowshopper

I take your points on board, but are you not surprised at how many members voted against him?
I was but I don't know many (or any) FGers. I have some theories why this is the case Cork would have a strong FG organisation, there might be a bias against the Dublin candidate in the regions, Coveney would be more comfortable in canvassing the party circuit [also his experience as an MEP would give him experience in the wider Munster area] etc.

Round tower

LEO OUT NOW[/QUOTE]

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
FFG OUT NOW
Sold Ireland out

VOTE INDEPENDENT
Did u tell your TD that u wanted them to vote for Simon, believe the numbers was a vast win for SC, what the members have to is bring a motion to the next Ard Fheis to change the way the leader is elected, the present system was it decided at a AF.
I thought that the PP members was too quick on declaring their support, that they should have waited to hear their policies and what the would do. But to decide that u are going to do the work for your TD is a bit harsh.

President Bartlet

LEO OUT NOW
What exactly was the result - one a vote basis -i.e how many actual votes over the 3 parts did each man get?

GDPR

Leo, February 4th 2003, letter to Irish Times -

Sir, - We are the two Young Fine Gael delegates who successfully proposed the new system for electing the Leader of Fine Gael. We feel shocked, appalled and betrayed at the decision of the Fine Gael Parliamentary Party to elect a successor to Michael Noonan under the old, undemocratic system.

More than ever, Fine Gael needs to consult members and councillors across the country about the future of the party and its leadership. Clearly, the rump 31 TDs and the 14 unelectables from the fag-end of a Senate have learned nothing from Fine Gael’s mauling at the polls.

As we write, candidates for the Leadership are already sowing the seeds of Fine Gael’s next election defeat by trading votes for votes with senators determined to make it back to Leinster House at any cost. The decision of the parliamentary party to decide the future of Fine Gael alone and behind closed doors is a disgrace and demonstrates their contempt both for the loyal Fine Gael membership and the 400,000 or so electors who voted for them. Shame on you all. - Yours, etc.,

Lucinda Creighton, Vice-President, Young Fine Gael;
Leo Varadkar, Dublin West Constituency Organiser.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/irish-times-letters-from-leo-varadkar-gets-it-off-his-chest-1.3107143

sadmal

LEO OUT NOW
The majority of FG members are living in rural Ireland and are on the wrong side of 60 plus. I read somewhere at the weekend that the average FG meeting is like at day out in Lourdes with the number of walkers and walking sticks present.

The only way to keep a political party going is to get new members to join, preferably young members, otherwise it will die out.

cricket

The time to object to the system was when it was proposed. Not when it threw up a result you didn't like.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies