FG voter. Are you smarter or dumber than Enda

youngdan

It is looking pretty good for FG but a lingering doubt remains on whether or not there is much of a brain at the top. If a voter concludes that Enda is dumber than himself then why the Hell should he vote for him. Do the FG posters here consider themselves dumber than Enda.

To gauge the intelligence of FG I went back and looked at their manifesto from 2007 and read what was being said. It was at a time that the property bubble had well peaked. Everyone that has any brains at all knows what happens when a property bubble bursts. Even a slow learning donkey could have figured out that the vast stream of tax revenue would dry up.

So clearly the manifesto would be warning of 7 years of lean times as anyone would expect after 7 years of fat.

This is what I found.

Fine Gael Campaigns - 2007 General Election Manifesto

Why it looks like the usual tripe that is put out for every election. Another famous 10 point plan.

1. We promise the usual 4000 beds rant rant blah blah.

How could anyone believe this gibberish even if the boom continued. Everyone practically would be covered in clean hospitals. Best of all though they were going to lower suicides. Is this a joke. Do voters fall for this nowadays.

2. Needless to say, We promise 2000 new cops and no more crime. The Greens promised 3000. If there is an election I bet they will be promising another 2000.

3. This is so childish it must be just ignored. Honestly what party promises to spend the taxpayers money wisely. Did they spend it stupidly the last time and are sorry.

4. We promise education for all. Now note here also that they list 100000 medical cards and it repeats the promise to confront suicide. Most parties would be content saying something foolish once but they say it twice so far. Nobody could make this up.

5.Global warming gibberish, don't worry about that now

6. I kid ye not, they repeat 2 more points from number 1. free medical insurance for all and free GP visits for children under 5. I am telling ye reading this is priceless.

7. This is classic altogether, "ensure that Ireland's strong economy and jobs are not put at risk by complacency and lack of competitiveness". Too bad they were about 5 years too late

8. This one tells immigrants who come to the country to commit serious crimes that they are not welcome. Ho Ho Ho. who needs Willie O Dea or Dermott Ahearn when we have crime fighters like these.

9. We promise to help farmers and fishermen. WOW what an origonal idea

10. Wait for it, no laughing yet. We promise to promote peace and fight international terrorism. By the way even though we mentioned it before we promise to fight global warming.

Now David Letterman could not have come up with a more ridiculous top 10 ever. The best belly laugh I had in years.

So is Enda smarter than the average FG voter

froggus

Youngdan, Unfortunately we get a choice of apples, we don't get a choice of apples or oranges. It's like a choice between Republican or Democrat. I always vote against the incumbent because the only thing more dangerous than having politicians running the country is having the same ones in power for too long. therefore I will vote for Fine Gael at the next election regardless of who is leading them because it is the only way to guarantee that FF are taken out.
Then we can swap them around again. Their policies and promises are as empty as the next so all we can do is make sure they know that their position is not guaranteed.

If there is a better solution please enlighten me.

TradCat

Is Enda smarter than Cowen? I sure hope so.

Does he have smarter people around him? Yes

Is he more likely to listen to them? Yes.

Pauli

He also seems to be willing to let them get on with the jobs he gave them, seemingly secure in the knowledge that they will not cause embarrassment or prove to be hopelessly incompetent.

Edo

Agreed - I think Young Dan is on a mission here with his constant disparaging of Kenny - still trying to work what it is.

sandar

how do you mean five years to late re competitiveness...Fg were calling for it five years ago, but unfortunaletly werent in govt. to do anything about it........

droghedasouth

Not only is Enda smarter than YoungDan, his spelling is also better.

slingshot

young dan; dumb, dumber and dumbest

easy game this young dan!

Dumb; Lenihan,[/B] (I gave away the country's future to a few discredited bankers in the middle of the night, cos they said I had to, - how can that happen !, how can a minister of finance get this so so badly wrong, how can a Minister become that comprimised!, how stupid is that)
[
Dumber : Coughlan; (no further explanation required)

Dumbest Cowen, (I appointed the above 2)

Give me Enda anyday, - the three stooges above are just plain destructive

froggus

easy game this young dan!

Dumb; Lenihan,[/B] (I gave away the country's future to a few discredited bankers in the middle of the night, cos they said I had to, - how can that happen !, how can a minister of finance get this so so badly wrong, how can a Minister become that comprimised!, how stupid is that)
[
Dumber : Coughlan; (no further explanation required)

Dumbest Cowen, (I appointed the above 2)

Give me Enda anyday, - the three stooges above are just plain destructive
I have to agree you would have to go a long way to find a triumvirate that is worse than the three muppeteers

eoinod

Another pointless Enda bashing thread.

Enda is the best leader out there. An honorable man of integrity with the ability, intelligence, leadership and competence to lead this country. The fact that the team around him is so far superior to any other party's front bench is also a huge plus point about Enda.

At his selection conference George Lee made it quite clear that he would not have run as an FG candidate under another leader, it was Enda Kenny's leadership that inspired him. A good leader benefits the group rather than himself. Enda's popularity jumps by 3% FG jumps by twice that. Compare to Gilmore whose personal popularity increases whilst his party stumbles. Enda has the qualities necessary to lead.

youngdan

OK.

Willoughby says he is dumber than Enda and I think everyone believes him.

Baccus, decent response.

Mr. De-Regulation. While not being the full lenght version of the manifesto it is an official document under the FG logo. It is a bit of a joke that nobody seems to have read before printing or they wouldn't be repeating themselves. Who could have taken them seriously if this was what was dropped through the letter box.

Tradcat & Pauli. A reason to be hopefull for FG fans sure enough

Edo. You can not say that I am anti FG when I constantly harp on about LittleBigManMagicArse and only let up when it became clear to everyone in the country what a fool he was. At least I voted for FG once.

Sander. Good point and indeed that particular paragraph was the only one which was decent in the whole thing.

DS. Don't worry about me, I am putting you in the bracket of voters who consider Enda to be smarter than you. If you consider yourself smarter then let us know.

Slingshot. Who can disagree with 2 anyway even though I suspect Lenny to have been set up as the fall guy.

Anyway part of an ongoing look as the Green manifesto was examined

http://www.politics.ie/green-party/69096-who-dumber-green-td-green-voter.html#post1661917

youngdan

Another pointless Enda bashing thread.

Enda is the best leader out there. An honorable man of integrity with the ability, intelligence, leadership and competence to lead this country. The fact that the team around him is so far superior to any other party's front bench is also a huge plus point about Enda.

At his selection conference George Lee made it quite clear that he would not have run as an FG candidate under another leader, it was Enda Kenny's leadership that inspired him. A good leader benefits the group rather than himself. Enda's popularity jumps by 3% FG jumps by twice that. Compare to Gilmore whose personal popularity increases whilst his party stumbles. Enda has the qualities necessary to lead.
I do not think it is a pointless thread. George Lee just produced a 10 point plan which is as far removed from reality as the 2007 manifesto. That is not leadership, that is get us electedership

droghedasouth

OK.

DS. Don't worry about me, I am putting you in the bracket of voters who consider Enda to be smarter than you. If you consider yourself smarter then let us know.
I know from direct contact that I am not as smart as Richard Bruton, but that is a very high standard. Not only intelligent, but smart and personable.

I know lots of people who are not as smart as me but are a lot more successful - so judging people by their intelligence is a very flawed criterion.

I only ever talked to EK for a few minutes late at night at an official function so I can't judge except to say that he has done everything any one could have asked of him as leader of FG and Taoiseach in waiting.

JUst what did Brian Cowen ever achieve except to get that corrupt gurrier from Drumcondra re-elected in 2007 - some achievement.

Last edited:

youngdan

I know from direct contact that I am not as smart as Richard Bruton, but that is a very high standard. Not only intelligent, but smart and personable.

I know lots of people who are not as smart as me but are a lot more successful - so judging people by their intelligence is a very flawed criterion.

I only ever talked to EK for a few minutes late at night at an official function so I can't judge except to say that he has done everything any one could have asked of him as leader of FG and Taoiseach in waiting.

JUst what did Brian Cowen ever achieve except to get that corrupt gurrier from Drumcondra re-elected in 2007 - some achievement.
For goodness sake forget about MagicArse, I pointed out many times long ago that he postponed action for his personnel gain.

Running a campaign of Vote for us because we are not them is pretty lame. Especially when
in the minds of many they are them.

I hope you don't think that if FG had gotten an extra seat or two last time and were now in power that things would not be just as bad if not worse

froggus

OK.

Willoughby says he is dumber than Enda and I think everyone believes him.

Baccus Froggus, decent response.

Mr. De-Regulation. While not being the full lenght version of the manifesto it is an official document under the FG logo. It is a bit of a joke that nobody seems to have read before printing or they wouldn't be repeating themselves. Who could have taken them seriously if this was what was dropped through the letter box.

Tradcat & Pauli. A reason to be hopefull for FG fans sure enough

Edo. You can not say that I am anti FG when I constantly harp on about LittleBigManMagicArse and only let up when it became clear to everyone in the country what a fool he was. At least I voted for FG once.

Sander. Good point and indeed that particular paragraph was the only one which was decent in the whole thing.

Slingshot. Who can disagree with 2 anyway even though I suspect Lenny to have been set up as the fall guy.

Anyway part of an ongoing look as the Green manifesto was examined

http://www.politics.ie/green-party/69096-who-dumber-green-td-green-voter.html#post1661917
Just fixing that for you. Although I am partial to a drop of vino

youngdan

Sorry froggus, I was so shocked to get a decent reply that I had an Enda Moment

smitchy2

Running a campaign of Vote for us because we are not them is pretty lame. Especially when
in the minds of many they are them.
Yep, but that is politics.
We will all be complaining about what w@nkers FG are in 3 years time when they are still taxing de bayjasysus out of us and cutting public service spend(which should be applauded).

It's the same reason why the Libertarians don't do any good in your parts.

They don't have the establishment base and are not in bed with the right people so it is nearly impossible for them to get traction no matter how much they are saying is right.

Joe public has only a passing interest in politics and if he hears the right sh'te in the manifestos he will vote for it on impulse. There never is any checks and balances after elections. No one should fool themselves that it will be different this time.

youngdan

How right you are.

Maybe the Greeks had it right, only males of worth could vote.

How about 2 terms of 4 years and then all pols return to a real job. It is admited by even FG that Enda is not the brightest and will rely on advisers. Why do we need Enda there munching at the trough through the 70s,80s,90s, 00s 10s and likely into the 20s.

This plonker is going to be feeding for 6 decades. Why a phucking giant turtle barely lives that long

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies