FG young guns

the agent

At a recent FG press conference, images of all the FG GE candidates were beamed on a big screen behind enda whilst he was speaking. I did notice a lot of youngish faces. Will running these new kids on the block attract a young vote or indeed encourage older voters to give them a tick because they are tired of the old ones. which of the new candidates stand a realistic chance of election.

Blackadder

Darren Scully most definatly :D :D :D :D

gear one

All these have a chance. John Paul Phelan, Leo Varadkar, Lucinda Creighton, Michelle Mulherin.

Jim84

lucinda is polling at 8%... she hasn't a hope in hell

DJP

Varadkar might get in, but I don't know any young people in the party in Dublin West and I didn't see any of them at the count in the RDS for the 2004 Local Elections. Somebody pointed out a picture of him before to me though with his YFG Dublin West consituency committee. There were about two or three of them.

Cllr. Naoise O' Muirí seems like a great councillor to me. Himself and Gerry Connolly, the ex-YFG president, seem like the only good young people to me in the party.

Sadly, the West-Brit John Bruton's legacy still lives on and affects Nationalistic young guns like the two above.

hiding behind a poster

Jim84 said:
lucinda is polling at 8%... she hasn't a hope in hell

Incorrect. Lucinda polled at 8%, in one poll, taken halfway through the second week of a fortnight dominated in the media by her constituency rival Michael McDowell. He'd won the leadership the first week, and the PDs were having their think-in the second week. She'd be "polling at 8%" if several polls had her around that mark, but they haven't - just the one. FG's polls have her in the mid-teens, apparently - which puts her right in the mix.

SPN

John Paul Phelan is well on track to top the poll in Carlow-Kilkenny.

Salthill

SPN said:
John Paul Phelan is well on track to top the poll in Carlow-Kilkenny.
Actually, the published poll in C/KK showed him not having any chance at all

DJP

I know the party went into a depression after the 2002 GE. Well, lads, yous had better get ready for a more prolonged one now. Despite the hatred there is of FF amongst many, many people, and the unbelievable mistakes they have made, most people just don't like yous.

Even the Labour Party think that Enda Kenny is an ineffective leader. I accept that yous are a predominately honest party, but you are frankly unstable (at best) on the North and... oh, just give up...

I know politics is just a career for some/most/all of yous but please don't bore us.

Jim84

I wasn't just talking about the Mail's poll. FF,PD and FG polls all had her around the 8% mark. One of the FF internal poll before Jim was added to the ticket had her below Humphreys and he isn't even running in the GE

rover

Jim84 said:
FF,PD and FG polls all had her around the 8% mark. One of the FF internal poll before Jim was added to the ticket had her below Humphreys and he isn't even running in the GE
it amazes me how people on this site are so willing to just make stuff up to back up their points, however outlandish.

first of all, "Jim", you know that what youve said here isnt true at all.

secondly.....as a labour party member, would you not rather tell us about labour polling? do you seriously expect anyone to believe that you have access to ff, fg, and pd polling but cant provide any from your own party?

Jim84

What i said is the honest truth, granted these polls were taken at least six months ago, but lucinda hasn't been putting the work in.

Labour hasn't polled DSE

rover

Jim84 said:
What i said is the honest truth
im afraid its not. why would fine gael have decided not to add gillen if creighton was so badly? can you offer any hypotheses on that one?

Jim84 said:
Labour hasn't polled DSE
:shock: jesus christ. a key must-hold constituency, where there are well known doubts about whether there should be one or two candidates......and ye havent polled it?????

and you wonder why things arent going to plan. but of course its all enda kennys fault.... :roll:

Jim84

rover said:
Jim84 said:
What i said is the honest truth
im afraid its not. why would fine gael have decided not to add gillen if creighton was so badly? can you offer any hypotheses on that one?

Jim84 said:
Labour hasn't polled DSE
:shock: jesus christ. a key must-hold constituency, where there are well known doubts about whether there should be one or two candidates......and ye havent polled it?????

and you wonder why things arent going to plan. but of course its all enda kennys fault.... :roll:
Okay, rumor has it that Langton polled DSE. However the poll never leaked

As for why Gillen wasn't added. I assume your learnt your lesson from the last GE when Fitzgerlad lost her seat because you ran two candidates.

Andrews, McDowell, Quinn, Gormely and probably Doolan are all ahead of Lucinda at the moment.

rover

Jim84 said:
As for why Gillen wasn't added. I assume your learnt your lesson from the last GE when Fitzgerlad lost her seat because you ran two candidates
:?
remind me where you live again?
fitzgerald lost the seat because the fg vote dropped. it had nothing to do with running two candidates

Jim84 said:
Andrews, McDowell, Quinn, Gormely and probably Doolan are all ahead of Lucinda at the moment.
your only right on 2 of these

ask langan. he'll tell you

Jim84

If FG didn't run two candidates Fitzgerald would have been elected and not Quinn.

Mail had a better poll and so did FF, don't need to ask langton anything.

rover

Jim84 said:
If FG didn't run two candidates Fitzgerald would have been elected and not Quinn
so, what, your adding fitzgeralds votes to maceochaidh's votes, noticing that they come to more than quinn's ........ and hey presto, fitzgerald elected?? :?

jeez. if only life was that simple. with a genius of electoral strategy like yourself why does rabbitte need adrian langan

Jim84 said:
Mail had a better poll and so did FF, don't need to ask langton anything
i still dont understand why ff would be showing their polls to members of the labour party

FutureTaoiseach

Website
greatdearleader.blogspot.com
FG are 3rd in Dublin and can forget about making a comeback there.

rover

FutureTaoiseach said:
FG are 3rd in Dublin and can forget about making a comeback there.
i suddenly feel very confident about fine gaels chances in dublin :lol: :lol:

Jim84

Rover your in a bad mood tonight... If FG ran a one candidate strategy last election they could have won the seat, but we'll never know.

who said it was FF that should me the poll? A member of FG showed me your poll as I told you in the PM, but it wasn't through a FF member that I saw three off their polls.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies