FG young guns

hiding behind a poster

FutureTaoiseach said:
FG are 3rd in Dublin and can forget about making a comeback there.

FG were 3rd in Dublin in 2002 (very nearly 4th, in fact) with just 14% of the vote. Their average in polls in Dublin this year is 20%. So the come back is well and truly on - for several reasons that have been explained to you on other threads.

pfkf

Fine Gael are making a strong comeback all across Dublin, with gains expected almost everywhere, Fine Gael, what you must remember dropped 2% support from GE97 to GE02 and that coupled with an awful vote management strategy led to the loss of over 20 seats.

Now Fine Gael have been polling at the mid - twenties nation wide for the last 2 and a half years, and have been polling at around the high teens in Dublin and we also know that Fine Gael's vote is always underated by about 2%.

FF however have been all over the place in the polls but one thing is true is that they are currently running at a loss of 2% of party support between GE02 and now, so it is possible that they could lose a considerable amount of seats.

It's going to a very tight election, and I would say that the result will not be known for a few days after the election has happened.

hiding behind a poster

petdoherty said:
What about Mrs Joe Enright in Donegal North East?

Well I'd give her one, if that's what you're asking. :wink:

spos

Darren Mac an Phríora said:
I know the party went into a depression after the 2002 GE. Well, lads, yous had better get ready for a more prolonged one now. Despite the hatred there is of FF amongst many, many people, and the unbelievable mistakes they have made, most people just don't like yous.

Even the Labour Party think that Enda Kenny is an ineffective leader. I accept that yous are a predominately honest party, but you are frankly unstable (at best) on the North and... oh, just give up...

I know politics is just a career for some/most/all of yous but please don't bore us.
yous isn't a word

hiding behind a poster

Biffo said:
rockofcashel said:
hiding behind a poster said:
petdoherty said:

Cut out that filth :evil:
She waved at me the other day, I know what it meant :wink:

Only after you've prised my cold dead hands from her. :lol:

ireland2004

Surely we'll soon be mentioning our very own Bazza Walsh on these threads in the future?

:lol:

Biffo

hiding behind a poster said:
Biffo said:
rockofcashel said:
[quote="hiding behind a poster":21noblhr]
petdoherty said:

Cut out that filth :evil:
She waved at me the other day, I know what it meant :wink:

Only after you've prised my cold dead hands from her. :lol:[/quote:21noblhr]

Them be fighting words, wheres me billhook?

davehiggz

Darren Scully most definatly :D
didn't make it on the ticket this time, would have taken a seat though if he did.

All these have a chance. John Paul Phelan, Leo Varadkar, Lucinda Creighton, Michelle Mulherin.
Good call!

lucinda is polling at 8%... she hasn't a hope in hell
:D

John Paul Phelan is well on track to top the poll in Carlow-Kilkenny.
In 2011

FG are 3rd in Dublin and can forget about making a comeback there.
:)

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies