• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Fgers on this site

dunlaoighaire

Is it just me or are there fgers on this site always complaining about the government? Why do you do it? You'll hardly win one vote. Labour do it too but they aren't as bad.

Defeated Romanticist

dunlaoighaire said:
Is it just me or are there fgers on this site always complaining about the government? Why do you do it? You'll hardly win one vote. Labour do it too but they aren't as bad.
It's the force of habit :lol:

hiding behind a poster

dunlaoighaire said:
Is it just me or are there fgers on this site always complaining about the government? Why do you do it?
If we think they're doing a sh*t job, we'll say so. And why the hell shouldn't we?

ibis

dunlaoighaire said:
They're going to tell you that it their duty to criticise the government, because they're the opposition. One day, they may work out the difference between 'criticise' and 'complain about', but I'm not optimistic.

Rocky

It's because we think the government are doing a shit job in a lot of areas.

dunlaoighaire said:
Yes, disgruntled indeed. You ought to have seen them before the election, predictions of Fianna Fáil winning about 60 seats were made every day. Their hysteria is actually amusing, though shocking from a party that hasn't been elected by the people in 25 years...and counting...

SPN

Rocky said:
Can you give us a couple of concise examples of things FG would do different in in Government?

alonso

ffs they're the opposition to a sh1t sleazy backward govt. Whaddya expect? roses? elegies and odes to the wonder of Bertie?
btw dubsth when was the last time Ireland gave FF a mandate to govern?

Rocky

SPN said:
Rocky said:
Can you give us a couple of concise examples of things FG would do different in in Government?
Well all you have to do is compare FG's manifesto to the current's government actions and it's not unreasonable to suggest that I would disagree with some of FG's actions were they in government.

However to answer your question I believe that were FG in government Co-Location would be dropped and I believe over time all of FG’s other health proposals would be implemented, we would have some serious improvements in public transport (FG couldn't be any worse), I believe Bruton and FG in general would be better at handling the challenges to the economy and the government wouldn't be led by a corrupt individual as it is now. But as I said all you have to do is look at the Manifesto, it's only a few months old now.

baldur0300

alonso said:
ffs they're the opposition to a sh1t sleazy backward govt. Whaddya expect? roses? elegies and odes to the wonder of Bertie?
btw dubsth when was the last time Ireland gave FF a mandate to govern?
The answer you're going to throw back is 1977. But using that particular vein of logic FG have NEVER been given a mandate to govern.

the leader

Guy's don't rise to the bait, ignore this stupid thread and other threads of a similar vain.

I wonder if we should give Enda Kenny, the grant old man of Irish politics, the longest-serving member of the Oireachtas, a little tiara to wear? He might as well have something.

hughj

the leader said:
Guy's don't rise to the bait, ignore this stupid thread and other threads of a similar vain.
thats right guy's bury your head in the sand and dream of an Ireland with big bad evil Fianna Fail and good pure saintly Fine Gael :roll:

baldur0300

the leader said:
Awh the poor blueshirts. They can give it but they can't take it.

SPN

Rocky said:
SPN said:
Rocky said:
Well all you have to do is compare FG's manifesto to the current's government actions and it's not unreasonable to suggest that I would disagree with some of FG's actions were they in government.

However to answer your question I believe that were FG in government Co-Location would be dropped and I believe over time all of FG’s other health proposals would be implemented, we would have some serious improvements in public transport (FG couldn't be any worse), I believe Bruton and FG in general would be better at handling the challenges to the economy and the government wouldn't be led by a corrupt individual as it is now. But as I said all you have to do is look at the Manifesto, it's only a few months old now.
I agree with some of that, but not with more. As the GP negotiators found out, Co-Location for the first 6 hospitals was a done deal. It was probably structured that way because of Labour's promises to nix it if they got into Government - a little Hand Grenade left for Lady Wicklow.

Serious changes in public transport take a long time to feed through. Martin Cullen was buying every decent second hand RHD Volvo engined city bus he could lay his hands on while he waited for the delivery of new buses.

The "corrupt individual" is down in Kerry practicing his lines for the Tribunal with his legal team and PR team. I can't believe that none of the FG wannabes are making an issue of this in the papers (and God knows the Indo tried to tee it up for them).

But to go back to my original question, can you give us a couple of items from the FG Manifesto that you think could have been implemented, and that are materially different to what FF is doing?

hiding behind a poster

dubsthcentralboy said:
dunlaoighaire said:
Yes, disgruntled indeed. You ought to have seen them before the election, predictions of Fianna Fáil winning about 60 seats were made every day.
:roll: Every such prediction was based on the opinion poll data available at that time. It was also in line with predictions being made by political correspondents in the wider media - people who stood to lose a lot more in terms of reputation if they were wrong than any internet hacks like you or me. But no-one predicted 60 seats for FF on the basis of either the 37% poll on the final weekend, or the 41% poll on the final Monday. The predictions were based on the polls, early and mid-campaign, that had FF between 34-36%. And whether you like it or not, if FF had polled in that region, they would indeed have won in the low 60s seats.

Insider2007

dubsthcentralboy said:
I wonder if we should give Enda Kenny, the grant old man of Irish politics, the longest-serving member of the Oireachtas, a little tiara to wear? He might as well have something.
Don't forget, if he hadn't had to resign, the Father of the House right now would be Ray Burke.

Yikes.

hiding behind a poster said:
dubsthcentralboy said:
dunlaoighaire said:
Yes, disgruntled indeed. You ought to have seen them before the election, predictions of Fianna Fáil winning about 60 seats were made every day.
:roll: Every such prediction was based on the opinion poll data available at that time. It was also in line with predictions being made by political correspondents in the wider media - people who stood to lose a lot more in terms of reputation if they were wrong than any internet hacks like you or me. But no-one predicted 60 seats for FF on the basis of either the 37% poll on the final weekend, or the 41% poll on the final Monday. The predictions were based on the polls, early and mid-campaign, that had FF between 34-36%. And whether you like it or not, if FF had polled in that region, they would indeed have won in the low 60s seats.
Indeed, but only hysterics actually believed these poll results. The rest of us were too busy knocking doors.

ibis

alonso said:
Criticism, rather than just bitching? That's where you say what you would have done differently, or how exactly it was mishandled, or what the obvious flaws in the proposal are - that sort of thing, as opposed to just throwing your hands up and saying "typical FF". After all, we all know that bit.

I appreciate it's not easy, and some claims are always going to look unfounded. FG probably are better at actual management, but it's hard to prove such a claim.

Respvblica

Someone once said that if he dont get angry about the government you shouldnt get involved in politics. Surely there are some Fianna Fail posters out there who are not 100% happy with the way the country or party(FF) is run - or are ye all true yesmen?
Personally I dont value mere slagging off, but the day governments complain about criticism(has that day already past) is a sad day for democracy in Ireland!