FG's Patrick O'Donovan blames SF/IRA for Dublin-Monaghan bombings

carlovian

Patrick O'Donovan is a Fg junior minister who was point-scoring off FF by suggesting
they may go into coalition with SF.

'FF voters are alarmed by talk of SF deal' - Independent.ie

Patrick was outraged at such a thought and was going through several atrocities to
emphasise his point but then his lack of history let him down.

Patrick is quoted as saying

"Have they or the McCabes ever had proper reconciliation? I don't think so," Mr O'Donovan said.

"They are just two victims. What about Brian Stack? What about the innocent children blown to smithereens indiscriminately in the likes of the Dublin-Monaghan bombings? That was not done in my name or in the name of any right-minded person."

For the youngsters here, it was the UVF who carried out these bombings.

hollandia

Patrick O'Donovan is a Fg junior minister who was point-scoring off FF by suggesting

Patrick was outraged at such a thought and was going through several atrocities to

"Have they or the McCabes ever had proper reconciliation? I don't think so," Mr O'Donovan said.

"They are just two victims. What about Brian Stack? What about the innocent children blown to smithereens indiscriminately in the likes of the Dublin-Monaghan bombings? That was not done in my name or in the name of any right-minded person."

Sweet baby Jesus. Incredible. One could almost assume he's just parrotting any atrocity he can think of with complete disregard for the victims... But then I remember that he's Fine Gael and that assumption becomes a reality. To be so very very wrong about the largest - in terms of victims - act of murder in the entire troubles, tells us quite a lot...

ruserious

He should be forced to apologise in the Dáil for blaming the worst atrocity in the history of this State on fellow Irishmen.

eoghanacht

Let's all pretend that this is really surprising.

Burnout

Twitter
I have a life.
Twas only a slip of the tongue in a heated moment....shur shur we all knew what he meant.

Burnout

Twitter
I have a life.

hollandia

It also begs a question - how can someone of this level of stupid be appointed a junior minister?

bonkers

He should be forced to apologise in the Dáil for blaming the worst atrocity in the history of this State on fellow Irishmen.
Fellow Irishmen carried this out with the help of our British friends.

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
Sweet baby Jesus. Incredible. One could almost assume he's just parrotting any atrocity he can think of with complete disregard for the victims... But then I remember that he's Fianna Fail and that assumption becomes a reality. To be so very very wrong about the largest - in terms of victims - act of murder in the entire troubles, tells us quite a lot...
Nothing new there whether it's the Troubles or child sex abuse. I remember watching the Vincent Brown show with some FG/FF/LPers and one of them brought up celebrity 'victim' Cahill to which VB asked them " Name one of the Magdalene laundry victims " to which none of them could name one women. VB then asked them to name one person killed in the Dublin and Monaghan bombings to which of course there was only silence. Sex abuse and killing only matter when there useful for political muck throwing by FF/FG/LP of course in gombeen land.

eoghanacht

It also begs a question - how can someone of this level of stupid be appointed a junior minister?
It's mandatory for a junior minister position.

Abaddon

Catalpast

This does not surprise me as there were people at the time that thought the Provos had actually done it

The Establishment Media deliberately muddied the waters on it too

The level of ignorance down here was truly stunning about what was going on in the North

Indeed I actually worked with a guy whose cousin was killed in the Dublin bombings who was under the impression the IRA had done it

When I explained it was the Loyalists his answer was

- ah sure there all the same anyway...

Go figure....:|

Sync

What about the innocent children blown to smithereens indiscriminately in the likes of the Dublin-Monaghan bombings? That was not done in my name or in the name of any right-minded person."

eoghanacht

They have to take that view, the alternative is that we acknowledge members of Britain's security services used the Glenane gang to plant those bombs and the Irish state has colluded several times to hide that fact.

Easier to wave it away as they're all the same.

Last edited:

NMunsterman

He has to be fired immediately.

The Barron Report - commissioned by our own State - makes it clear that this was carried out by Unionist Terrorists who acted as mules for bombs primed by the British security services in an effort to destroy the Sunningdale Agreement.

Last edited:

New Threads

Most Replies