fianna fail ard fheis

bmw1

has fianna fail given up on ard fheisannsa and is it for the obvious reason that very few would attend

drjimryan2

running the country is a job and a half already..........

ard feiseanna are costly and presently unnecessary....

the faithful can go to the presidents dinner .....if they wish....

silly thread

jmcc

I think that they have realised that it would become a focal point for the anger of the Irish people.

Regards...jmcc

dalywise

I think that they have realised that it would become a focal point for the anger of the Irish people.

Regards...jmcc
I'd say thsi is the real reason too. Imagine the crowd that would gather outside. Wouldn't look good on the TV having the guards trying to control the rioting crowds, throwing stones at the FF mercs as they passed by etc.

TommyO'Brien

They are running away from the by-elections and running away from holding an Ard Fhéis. FF are on the run all over.

eoghanacht

Regards...jmcc
Yes!

They are running away from the by-elections and running away from holding an Ard Fhéis. FF are on the run all over.
Praise the Lord!

Tomas Mor

Next FF Ard Fheis will be about a year after Biffo is gone when GE is over, a chance to introduce new leader to the plain people of Ireland, and the clár will have several motions condemning cutbacks.

oggy

has fianna fail given up on ard fheisannsa and is it for the obvious reason that very few would attend
RegionaL meetings are the order of the day. I was at the Dublin one in June I think and it was full house, in fact it jammed tight with evert square inch filled with people. Cowen in particular made a specially good speech and one thing that struck me was that Kenny and Gilmore are not a patch on him. And before anyone cries preaching to the converted remember FF people are mainly a hardnosed bunch of politicos and trying to pull the wool over our eyes is a pointless exercise

fecker

RegionaL meetings are the order of the day. I was at the Dublin one in June I think and it was full house, in fact it jammed tight with evert square inch filled with people. Cowen in particular made a specially good speech and one thing that struck me was that Kenny and Gilmore are not a patch on him. And before anyone cries preaching to the converted remember FF people are mainly a hardnosed bunch of politicos and trying to pull the wool over our eyes is a pointless exercise
'regional meetings are the order of the day' Hah! What level of media coverage did the one you attended get I wonder. Was your leaders address soooooooo good it shut up his critics for.......when was this thing in Dublin again? Wanna give me a copy of his ...........wisdom:)lol:)?

Congalltee

Not fill it!
Do people on this site not have any understanding of Fianna Fail?
If an Ard-Fheis was held, it would be full of members condemning Cowen. It would also be likely that a stalking horse would run against him for the presidency of the party. If Cowen got less than two thirds support, he would be finished. They are also boozey affairs and the optics would not be good. Fianna Fail is also broke. In short, cowen's cabal gain nothing and a lot to lose..

oggy

Not fill it!
Do people on this site not have any understanding of Fianna Fail?
If an Ard-Fheis was held, it would be full of members condemning Cowen. It would also be likely that a stalking horse would run against him for the presidency of the party. If Cowen got less than two thirds support, he would be finished. They are also boozey affairs and the optics would not be good. Fianna Fail is also broke. In short, cowen's cabal gain nothing and a lot to lose..
Its amazing, the number of experts on FF outside the party is a multiple of a few hundred of the membership of the party

Nipper

Its amazing, the number of experts on FF outside the party is a multiple of a few hundred of the membership of the party

All you ever need to know about FF is they are thieves and liars .

Haughey used Lenihans illness as an excuse to collect bribes for example , and you people think they were some sort of heroes

Vermin is the perfect word for a party thats only aim has ever been to asset strip a nation.

oggy

All you ever need to know about FF is they are thieves and liars .

Haughey used Lenihans illness as an excuse to collect bribes for example , and you people think they were some sort of heroes

Vermin is the perfect word for a party thats only aim has ever been to asset strip a nation.
Thats why you lot are still the nipper ! Now go make the tea boy !

Tomas Mor

Biffo is at his best at "enclosed" meetings whether it be in Galway, Mt Falcon, Dublin regional meetings or whereever. And the few jars to oil him is a great help.

needle_too

Please dont make me run the gauntlet of unemployed people....pleezzzeeeeee

bollox

No need to hold an Ard Fheis. It's not as if its a requirement to hold it and we'd pack out the Citywest no problem, did so last year and by the way there wasn't a protestor in sight for the two days last year suprisingly.

Regional conferences much more effective for raising issues instead of a member highlighting a local issue on national stage where people drift in and out of consiousness!!!

Ard Fheis only used for election pomp, national issues and party organisational issues.

fecker

No need to hold an Ard Fheis. It's not as if its a requirement to hold it and we'd pack out the Citywest no problem, did so last year and by the way there wasn't a protestor in sight for the two days last year suprisingly.

Regional conferences much more effective for raising issues instead of a member highlighting a local issue on national stage where people drift in and out of consiousness!!!

Ard Fheis only used for election pomp, national issues and party organisational issues.
What's the point in packing out any venue? Tell me what issues were raised, ever? Please tell me. As for your last, do you mean you're on the TV for s****?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies