fianna fail ard fheis

bollox

What's the point in packing out any venue? Tell me what issues were raised, ever? Please tell me. As for your last, do you mean you're on the TV for s****?
Well for instance in the regional conference in Roscommon, members questioned the local minister and his colleagues regarding the future of Roscommon Hospital. If every unit was to ask about their own local hospital at and Ard Fheis we'd be a long time going through motions. Ard Fheis is much more formal where you’re proposing a motion rather than getting a chance to ask questions, get answers (hopefully) and respond.

Agriculture was an important theme in both Roscommon and Galway (haven't been to any more so don't know about others). Tourism popped up in Galway and is to again in Clare I think so they tackle areas that are more relevant to areas which and Ard Fheis can't achieve.

Ard Fheis would focus more on national economy, national health, social welfare etc. These are still discussed at regional conferences but not all. For example Dublin might discuss economy, Cork Health and so on. Conferences are much more efficient for local membership however the Ard Fheis is not being devalued in my view by holding them.

And party organisation is discussed on Friday night of Ard Fheis so no we're not on TV for ____________

Anorakphobia

RegionaL meetings are the order of the day. I was at the Dublin one in June I think and it was full house, in fact it jammed tight with evert square inch filled with people. Cowen in particular made a specially good speech and one thing that struck me was that Kenny and Gilmore are not a patch on him. And before anyone cries preaching to the converted remember FF people are mainly a hardnosed bunch of politicos and trying to pull the wool over our eyes is a pointless exercise
Oggy,

Where was this meeting held?

Gemlarkin

Have you no shame?

There will be a 1 Day Ard Fheis in November of this year to bring in membership and voting rights changes. I then suspect there will be a full 2 day Ard Fheis next March
Have you no shame?

Time for Fianna Fáil to disband. Its members should wear sackcloth and ashes for the next decade.

Expatriot

FF has fallen apart at the grass roots, it does not exist in many parts of the country at this stage.

William D

Can we deal with the question that we get the politicians or is it the politics we deserve --we certainly vote ( or abstain/spoil vote ) for the politicians that are presented to us --does the system we have determine the choices that are put in front of us ? What is stopping better quality "politicians/candidates" presenting themselves for election ? Are they too talented making a good living elsewhere to waste their time with politics . I would not vote for any of the politicians that are presented to me at the moment in our constituency --party or non party. Do we need a new system to secure the talent we require rather than rely on Teachers, Solicitors etc . Views ?

Expatriot

would you attend a FF Ard Fheis,
I have done so in that past but will not do so again. I will not vote FF again. Many people have left FF and will not return. Actually FF left those people when it took up the interests of the elite above ordinary people.

oceanclub

Website
oceanclub.blogspot.com
FF people are mainly a hardnosed bunch of politicos and trying to pull the wool over our eyes is a pointless exercise
Yup, I'm sure none of those people caught up in the hyped property bubble were FFers.

OH WAIT...

P.

il toro

Can we deal with the question that we get the politicians or is it the politics we deserve --we certainly vote ( or abstain/spoil vote ) for the politicians that are presented to us --does the system we have determine the choices that are put in front of us ? What is stopping better quality "politicians/candidates" presenting themselves for election ? Are they too talented making a good living elsewhere to waste their time with politics . I would not vote for any of the politicians that are presented to me at the moment in our constituency --party or non party. Do we need a new system to secure the talent we require rather than rely on Teachers, Solicitors etc . Views ?
Good post maybe not in the right Thread though should be a thread in itself.

It is very difficult to get elected in Ireland, it takes years to build up a name and then get elected. Anyone with talent could not committ to this life style especially if they have a family, maybe as a single person possibly.

We certainly need to change the system, reliance on people who have a civilservice/protected mentailty is not good , we need those people in there but we also need business people , voluntary orgainsation people , international people.

But effective changes could you make, personally I think the current system is not as bad as its made out. The change I would like to see only people who have no political affiliation allowed to be voted in the senate, have bodies nominate people for the senate e.g. ISME would nominate a business person etc , and make the senate responsible for the policing of the civil service and TD's. The senate could be split into committiees with resposibility for each goverment department and they would review annually the budgets and work of each govt dept.

That might be a start.

But this is a good topic and should have its own thread I am sure lots of different ideas on this topic.

Nipper

Thats why you lot are still the nipper ! Now go make the tea boy !

Not denying you are a gang of thieves then, or that Haughey pretended bribes were a fund for lenihans medical expenses?

Or that Bertie pretended he won money on horses?

drjimryan2

weekend reports suggest one is 'penciled in' for feb/march 11........

what do ye rekon?.....

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies