Fianna Fail are not to Blame

TonyB

Twitter
technopolitics
As Fianna Fáil contemplate a strategy for a pending election, and as the brains trust think about how in the name of Jaysus they're going to extricate themselves from this one, the thought occurs that they can simply say that they're not to blame. Here's how it works.

Fianna Fáil establish a simple *doorstep* narrative - the wealth of the country has been stolen by the greed of bankers and developers, to a massive, treasonous degree. Fianna Fáil, who had spent years carefully managing and building the economy to a massively successful level were ambushed in late 2008 by Seanie Fitzpatrick and the crew, who took the country for a ride. Over the past two years, Fianna Fáil have taken the hard decisions, the unpopular decisions. They took the decisions that were not going to win them many votes, but they put party second to the national interest, trusting that the voters would see through the anti-FF media. Not only did they do nothing to cause the crisis, they were the only ones doing anything to fix it.

This is the most serious crisis this nation has ever faced. The Fianna Fáil led government has successfully negotiated tens of billions of euros in financial assistance from Europe, and is getting us out of this mess. The Europeans and the IMF have insisted on reducing some state help for poorer and vulnerable people, but Fianna Fáil are doing everything they can to have these cuts reversed. And at this most serious of times, who would you prefer to have representing you - experienced negotiators and experienced ministers, or amateur commentators who have not been in government for almost twenty years? Half the opposition front bench has never been in government! This is too serious to take a chance.

That is the narrative. And, again, before you cough up your tic-tacs, remember the audience. Fianna Fail need to revitalise the core vote as a platform for the next election. They know they'll lose this one, but they need to shore up the core. So this is not just to those who voted FF last time out, but especially to those who have always voted FF. They are crying out for any kind of reason to vote FF again, because people are generally ill disposed to change. So this narrative gives them one. "I voted for experience"..."I voted for the party who knows most about the problems of the country."

Remember - the object of the game for FF is not to hit 40% again. But it is more likely somewhere in the 23-24% range, with 27%-28% a stretch target.

Last edited:

newell666

As Fianna Fáil contemplate a strategy for a pending election, and as the brains trust think about how in the name of Jaysus they're going to extricate themselves from this one, the thought occurs that they can simply say that they're not to blame. Here's how it works.

Fianna Fáil establish a simple *doorstep* narrative - the wealth of the country has been stolen by the greed of bankers and developers, to a massive, treasonous degree. Fianna Fáil, who had spent years carefully managing and building the economy to a massively successful level were ambushed in late 2008 by Seanie Fitzpatrick and the crew, who took the country for a ride. Over the past two years, Fianna Fáil have taken the hard decisions, the unpopular decisions. They took the decisions that were not going to win them many votes, but they put party second to the national interest, trusting that the voters would see through the anti-FF media. Not only did they do nothing to cause the crisis, they were the only ones doing anything to fix it.

This is the most serious crisis this nation has ever faced. The Fianna Fáil led government has successfully negotiated tens of billions of euros in financial assistance from Europe, and is getting us out of this mess. The Europeans and the IMF have insisted on reducing some state help for poorer and vulnerable people, but Fianna Fáil are doing everything they can to have these cuts reversed. And at this most serious of times, who would you prefer to have representing you - experienced negotiators and experienced ministers, or amateur commentators who have not been in government for almost twenty years? Half the opposition front bench has never been in government! This is too serious to take a chance.

That is the narrative. And, again, before you cough up your tic-tacs, remember the audience. Fianna Fail need to revitalise the core vote as a platform for the next election. They know they'll lose this one, but they need to shore up the core. So this is not just to those who voted FF last time out, but especially to those who have always voted FF. They are crying out for any kind of reason to vote FF again, because people are generally ill disposed to change. So this narrative gives them one. "I voted for experience"..."I voted for the party who knows most about the problems of the country."

Remember - the object of the game for FF is not to fit 40% again. But it is more likely somewhere in the 23-24% range, with 27%-28% a stretch target.
How many minutes of your life did you waste writing this garbage? FF are history. They've destroyed our country.

D

Deleted member 17573

How many minutes of your life did you waste writing this garbage? FF are history. They've destroyed our country.
FF contributed to the problem - but in ascribing all the blame to FF we are letting the bankers off the hook. FF took their eye off the ball - but the real offenders were in the banks. You can blame FF for being bad policemen but don´t forget that the actual criminals were the bankers.

Freedom front

I would prefer a one legged dog representing me, rather than the Lying, cheating, Corrupt Traitorous scum Fianna Fail

You make me laugh experienced negotiators and experienced ministers Experienced at what: Lying , Cheating , Dishonesty, Corruption Traitors

culmore

who had dinner with these criminals a few days before the sh1t hit the fan

TonyB

Twitter
technopolitics
I'm very serious. Put yourselves in PJ Mara's shoes. They never had my vote, and they never will. But if other parties are going to seriously challenge these bozos, you need to seriously think about what they are likely to do and say. The gloves will be off like never before in this coming election.

How many of you predicted that FF under Bertie The Thief would take 47% of the seats in 2007 and come within a whisker of an overall majority?

tullahogue

This really shows how dillusional Fianna Fail stalwarts are. It is beyond belief and hilarious if it were not rue.

D

Deleted member 17573

I would prefer a one legged dog representing me, rather than the Lying, cheating, Corrupt Traitorous scum Fianna Fail

You make me laugh experienced negotiators and experienced ministers Experienced at what: Lying , Cheating , Dishonesty, Corruption Traitors
Says a hack from which party?:roll:

slippy wicket

FF contributed to the problem - but in ascribing all the blame to FF we are letting the bankers off the hook. FF took their eye off the ball - but the real offenders were in the banks. You can blame FF for being bad policemen but don´t forget that the actual criminals were the bankers.
Thats actually a very fair point, the banksters should get either jail or a short drop, but personally it is one of the few pleasures in my life at the moment slagging off ff so i will be keeping it up to the inevitable election.

By the by, the OP is mental.

bm42

It's really all Dick Springs fault. Had he not led Labour into coalition with FF in 1992 following the Spring Tide, the electorate would not have felt the need to punish them in 1997 and Bertie would never have got his grubby hands on power.

Seriously though, it's no harm trying to get inside these guys heads. Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.

Freedom front

Says a hack from which party?:roll:
Says a hack from no party, Says a hack that is witnessing the destruction of Irish people lives, says the hack who is disgusted with Fianna Fail corruption & Dishonesty

Now Hack Off

Rich OC

Website
www.twitter.com
Thats actually a very fair point, the banksters should get either jail or a short drop, but personally it is one of the few pleasures in my life at the moment slagging off ff so i will be keeping it up to the inevitable election.

By the by, the OP is mental.
There is enough blame to go around! It is the fault of the Bankers and their lapdogs in Fianna Fail.

Oh and no FF canvaser will get the chance to try the OPs line on the public. As soon as they say that they are from Fianna Fail they will be picking their teeth up off the ground.

anfieldabff

Says a hack from no party, Says a hack that is witnessing the destruction of Irish people lives, says the hack who is disgusted with Fianna Fail corruption & Dishonesty

Now Hack Off
You really would have to have sympathy for poor, Salior, Oggy, Spotty etc.
I mean did you see the faces of the cabinet in the dail today, they looked like someone had just taken their State cars and bicycles away and torn up their expenses cheques!!
FF are ruined for a very long time, (so are the Irish people) but that is another story.
PS If you all want to gloat, turn up on Saturday for the biggest march we have seen in Dublin for a very long time.

Bloody Angry

You may actually have a point, they were ambushed by the bankers, they did drag this country kicking and screaming into the 21st Century.

They gave us the highest standard of living in this country ever.

The other parties have no idea how to run the country, non of this crisis is their fault.

The four year plan is a road map back to 2007 prosperity

And if you believe any of that s##te then you need counselling or treatment at your local methadone clinic to get off the drugs!!:mad::mad:

D

Deleted member 17573

Now Hack Off
You´re not associated with any party? Sure, I believe you .... but millions wouldn´t.

farnaby

FF are history. They've destroyed our country.
Agree with the latter statement but the former sounds too good to be true. There are some people still around who want to believe the OP, who will deny supporting FF in public yet quietly tick their box at the polling station and in a few years, when the anger has subsided, give those arguments and rewrite history. I hope i'm wrong.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies