• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Fianna Fail Church Gate Collection

councillor

FF must have a death wish at the moment! They actually had the cheek to stand outside churches yesterday, with buckets, to collect money for FF!

This was the ONLY topic on everybody's lips today in my workplace! We couldnt believe that FF had the neck to ask people for money!

DownTheyGo

Saw them outside gates of Ratoath church Saturday evening; it was the most bizarre sight for some time, hanging around and expecting like it was their god given right to take from people. Haven't they taken enough already?!

DeputyEdo

Well.....I suppose if you're the type of person who supports a religion that thought covering up child rape was ok, then you'd probably have no problem giving money to FF

statsman

Does anyone know what they're going to do with the church gates they collected?

Is that the Moral Outrage bus I see coming down the road, quick Councittor out your hand out as seems many people wish to jump on.

NewGoldDream

Website
-
Ummmmmmmmmmmmm.

All your workmates newly converted to Catholicism?

The three largest parties do Church Gate collections every year. They do so in times of economic hardship, or Esat scandals, or Hep C crises, or whatever.

Am in an area where the local Cumann has decided not to do it in recent years, because it's a bit rich in these times, so they hand the day over to whoever else wants it.

Harry Lime

Does anyone know what they're going to do with the church gates they collected?
Sell them out of the back of a trailer drawn by a blue Nissan Land Cruiser to churchs a parish over?

Harry Lime

Fill them with sand first, though.

smore2102

This is hilarious, best laugh I have had all morning. Thanks for that.

Cork1234

FF didnt collect in CSW from what I can see. 3 different people from our house went to 3 different churches over the weekend. None had a FF collection....

White Horse

Well.....I suppose if you're the type of person who supports a religion that thought covering up child rape was ok, then you'd probably have no problem giving money to FF
A poster going for the "Bigot of The Year" award. :rolleyes:

Cooperate for freedom

Money given to Fianna Fail outside church gates or anywhere else is sure to inevitably fund corruption.

loner

Money given to Fianna Fail outside church gates or anywhere else is sure to inevitably fund corruption.
Would suggest ,following a read of todays Irish Examiner expose on Quangos,that there are quite a number of people who would still wish to contribute to a Fianna Fail national collection.The Examiner today should be compulsory reading for anyone interested in Fianna Fails political antics in power.

Last edited:

NewGoldDream

Website
-
There is no suggestion that FF as a party has ever paid to fund corruption.

I appreciate you were only churning out the usual sloganeering guff, but let's try and be some bit accurate...