Fianna Fail collusion with Sinn Féin

Volatire

It is of course no accident that Fianna Fail brought down the government shortly after Gerry Adams resigned. They will have no qualms entering government with Mary Lou as junior partner, while Jairy was always problematic for them. The path is now clear and Fitzgerald was just their pretext.

The obvious collusion between the economy-wreckers and the organised crime wing of the IRA may appear to signal a dark day in Irish politics and a return to FF cynicism of the past. Indeed, the damage to the Brexit negotiations will be significant. The likelihood of a hard border increases, and the position of the DUP will harden further (if that is possible).

However, one should remain sanguine. SF will be eager to toady up to Brussels and Berlin, proper little West Krauts that they are, and little will change apart from some populist taxpayers'-money-wasting initiatives around fake news stories such as "homelessness".

While the next government will surely be FF/SF, Varadkar will land some very, very heavy blows on these guys over the next few weeks. The electorate have come to associate FF with economic collapse, and FG with economic prosperity. FG have never had a leader as smart or effective as him, nor has FF ever had a leader as weak and ineffective as Martin.

This senseless election is a product of manifest collusion between Martin and FF. This will come back to haunt them both.

Uganda

It is of course no accident that Fianna Fail brought down the government shortly after Gerry Adams resigned. They will have no qualms entering government with Mary Lou as junior partner, while Jairy was always problematic for them. The path is now clear and Fitzgerald was just their pretext.

The obvious collusion between the economy-wreckers and the organised crime wing of the IRA may appear to signal a dark day in Irish politics and a return to FF cynicism of the past. Indeed, the damage to the Brexit negotiations will be significant. The likelihood of a hard border increases, and the position of the DUP will harden further (if that is possible).

However, one should remain sanguine. SF will be eager to toady up to Brussels and Berlin, proper little West Krauts that they are, and little will change apart from some populist taxpayers'-money-wasting initiatives around fake news stories such as "homelessness".

While the next government will surely be FF/SF, Varadkar will land some very, very heavy blows on these guys over the next few weeks. The electorate have come to associate FF with economic collapse, and FG with economic prosperity. FG have never had a leader as smart or effective as him, nor has FF ever had a leader as weak and ineffective as Martin.

Well said. It's like they're competing too see who has the biggest............

I was in the pub last night with a rather large crowd and I was verry surprised at the anti FF and SF sentiment there.

jmcc

Feck! I went for a mug of cofee and the government fell? Good job I didn't have a blaa too or the EU might have collapsed as well.

jmcc

I was in the pub last night with a rather large crowd and I was verry surprised at the anti FF and SF sentiment there.
The Dail bar for the Fine Gael PP meeting where everyone got drunk and voted confidence in Fitzgerald? :)

former wesleyan

Feck! I went for a mug of cofee and the government fell? Good job I didn't have a blaa too or the EU might have collapsed as well.
And Cappaquin fell into the Blackwater.

hollandia

That tends to be the case in Doheny and Nesbitt's alright.

tipofdiceberg

Did you have 2 pints.

former wesleyan

What are the numbers ?

hollandia

Of course, no election has been called. And the likelihood is one won't be this side of christmas.

Jimmy Two Times

This senseless election is a product of manifest collusion between Martin and FF. This will come back to haunt them both.
Eh yeah, that's probably right. Martin is in collusion with himself and his colleagues so he is.

I think you could put out a premise that FF are colluding with FG because they're looking at the polls and SF are at a low ebb, so an election now might suit FFG before SF make some gains via a new leader boost.

former wesleyan

Sync

"Waaah the opposition are exploiting the ruling party's incompetence/dishonesty".

hammer

An disagreement over an email from two years ago could reverse the following

GDP UP
GNP UP
Live register 6%
Employment 2m+
Services Sector UP
Construction Booming
Manufacturing UP
Exports UP
Household Debt down
Savings UP
House prices UP
Tourism UP
Vat receipts UP
Corp Tax receipts UP
Income Tax receipts UP
etc...

Jimmy Two Times

:lol: A crowd of multis and sock puppets doesn't constitute a large crowd

Disillusioned democrat

An disagreement over an email from two years ago could reverse the following

GDP UP
GNP UP
Live register 6%
Employment 2m+
Services Sector UP
Construction Booming
Manufacturing UP
Exports UP
Household Debt down