Fianna Fail Forced To Fundraise To Cut €3.6m Debt

ang

FIANNA FÁIL is €3.6 million in debt and is planning an "intensive" fundraising campaign to reduce it.

Taoiseach Brian Cowen presided over one such fundraiser at the races in Leopardstown yesterday.

Fianna Fáil senator Mary White said the event had been "very successful", and had attracted about 650 party supporters.

She said a number of additional fundraising initiatives would take place in the coming weeks, such as the party’s annual "superdraw".

Fianna Fáil’s public support is at historically low levels at present, which is expected to impact on the amount of money the party will raise.

Read more: Fianna Fáil forced to fundraise to cut €3.6m debt | Irish Examiner
Will you be contributing to the bailout of the party? Will they be able to raise the amount they need? Maybe they should just ask the taxpayer to kindly bail them out.

Sorry Thread title should read 3.6million.

markeys

I wonder if the banks are rolling up interest on FF accounts or are FF making the payments for principle and interest?

maxthedog

I would donate, if they could sort out a planning issue,

I want to build a shopping centre on a flood plain.

Please advise to amount needed in brown envelope?

Bobert

I read the headline and thought "Bake sale for the economy? Surely not?". How glad am I to see it's only the FF party.

ang

anewbeginning

Ah Fianna Fail fundraising!

The main reason they are owned by the developers and why this country is heading towards bankrupcy.

Expect another round of corruption to stem from this fundraising.

ang

@Bobert. Just had an image of the frontbench up to their eyes in dough.

Bobert

"Bake Coughlan, bake!"

"Oo aye, Brian. I'm only able to go so f*cking fast. My arms are f*ucking killed from this rolling pin*

G

Gadjodilo

Yes sorry I couldn't change title, but I did refer to it at the bottom of the post. Apologies
Don't apologise! I've done it too and it's a pain we can't edit the title.

Maybe we need a Bad Party - to take over the debts of the main political parties. We could call it NAMP or NAFF....?

GabhaDubh

3.6 Million is how many day's of interest on Nama.

hammer

I think there was a lodgement back to the BT account in Drumcondra recently :)

Sure isn`t this FF money...................ho ho ho

LDF

The Green Party want a ban on corporate donations and Gogarty was interviewed in the Tribune at the weekend saying he would "walk away" if the ban isn't introduced before the end of the year. FF have a lot of fundraising to do before the end of the year so..

greengoose2

The Green Party want a ban on corporate donations and Gogarty was interviewed in the Tribune at the weekend saying he would "walk away" if the ban isn't introduced before the end of the year. FF have a lot of fundraising to do before the end of the year so..
Go-Go can go anytime he wants. The party needs dosh so **** you deppity Gogarty, **** you!

He's an ***********************************!

il toro

Does anybody know what money the greens and the other parties owe? How could FF have built up this level of debt? Fighting lisbon 2? , not the locals as very little came from HQ for the locals.

LDF

Does anybody know what money the greens and the other parties owe? How could FF have built up this level of debt? Fighting lisbon 2? , not the locals as very little came from HQ for the locals.
I think FG are in a pretty healthy position. They have an annual members draw which is popular and lucrative.

I don't think FF could hold a draw like that. Nobody would trust them to be honest. I could imagine Bertie Ahern winning the car two years in a row!

I think FF's problems stem from the collapse of the property market (a lot of their donations came from the developers) and the closure of the Galway tent - a source of funding which wasn't replaced.

flavirostris

I think FG are in a pretty healthy position. They have an annual members draw which is popular and lucrative.

I don't think FF could hold a draw like that. Nobody would trust them to be honest. I could imagine Bertie Ahern winning the car two years in a row!

I think FF's problems stem from the collapse of the property market (a lot of their donations came from the developers) and the closure of the Galway tent - a source of funding which wasn't replaced.
That’s it exactly. Fianna Fáil’s own financial well-being as well as that of the country was entirely dependent on the property market

controller

That’s it exactly. Fianna Fáil’s own financial well-being as well as that of the country was entirely dependent on the property market
I can hear them (All FFers) saying that this is proof that what is good for FF is good for the country ;)

Green eyed monster

It would be best if a system was invented that took the element of 'fund raising' from politics altogether and permanently and provide a limited state allowance to each of them allowing them to communicate their message to the public. It would pose challenges like how do we decide how much each party is allocated and so on but it would definitely lead to a stronger and more representative country in the long run, i like the points some folk here are raising about the property bubble being linked to their fund raising, if true it proves the need for major reforms in this general area.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies