Fianna Fáil putting at risk Ireland's regained access to the Egytian beef market by playing the Ibrahim Halawa card

sport02

Fianna Fáil putting at risk Ireland's regained access to the Egytian beef market by playing the Ibrahim Halawa card

Last year the Irish state regained access to the American beef market, now we're looking to do likewise with the Eyptyian beef market but Fianna Fáil are now risking putting this in jeopardy by threatening the Egytian authorities.

I simply do not believe there is public support for this carry on.

Ceann Comhairle and Fianna Fáil TD Sean O Fearghail 
Millions of euro worth of business deals between Ireland and Egypt could be blocked unless the Ibrahim Halawa case is "satisfactorily" resolved

"I think it will be clear to anybody we meet that the full fruition of relations between our countries will depend on the satisfactory outcome to the Ibrahim Halawa issue.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/ceann-comhairle-trade-deals-between-ireland-and-egypt-could-depend-on-ibrahim-halawa-case-771650.html

Eoin Coir

O Fearghail has no cop on. Of course media here wont criticise him as its a popular cause of the left, Oirish Times will be silent on it too.

redneck

There is a principle of Justice at stake here. The Dáil commitee are raising the plight of Egypt's Christian minority aswell as Mr Halawa also. And trying to get some Trade deals for this country. What on earth is wrong with that?

The_SR

Good. Time to raise the ante. We have leverage, let's use it

redneck

O Fearghail has no cop on. Of course media here wont criticise him as its a popular cause of the left, Oirish Times will be silent on it too.
This group of TD's are raising the plight of Egypt's Christian minority aswell as looking for Trade.

Clanrickard

Mercurial

"Irish citizen being treated like sh*t in another country, but is Muslim so not really Irish citizen."

/thread/

redneck

This is a case for quiet diplomacy not megaphone diplomacy

the plight of Egypt's Christians is not good. Nice to see some Dáil deputies raising the issue (along with the Halawa case)

GDPR

It freaks me out about that the Shinners and Fianna Fail are supporting this creep- you would think given how Irish Catholics were treated in Northern Ireland from its foundation to the GFA their natural sympathy would be with the Copts and not the Muslim Brotherhood.

redneck

It freaks me out about that the Shinners and Fianna Fail are supporting this creep- you would think given how Irish Catholics were treated in Northern Ireland from its foundation to the GFA their natural sympathy would be with the Copts and not the Muslim Brotherhood.
I believe FF in particular are raising the issue of the Egyptian Christians. Unlike our Foreign affairs Minister.

GDPR

"Irish citizen being treated like sh*t in another country, but is Muslim so not really Irish citizen."

/thread/
Muslim Brotherhood militants and their immediate families should never have been given Irish citizenship in the first place, giving them such was sinning against the virtue of prudence, however there an Anti-GFA Republican nicked in one of the Baltic countries and held their without trial is an bad or worse conditions than the character in the OP and we didn't get any drama for his sake from any mainstream politicians.

Mercurial

Muslim Brotherhood militants and their immediate families should never have been given Irish citizenship in the first place, giving them such was sinning against the virtue of prudence, however there an Anti-GFA Republican nicked in one of the Baltic countries and held their without trial is an bad or worse conditions than the character in the OP and we didn't get any drama for his sake from any mainstream politicians.
Here's a radical suggestion: let's try to protect the human rights of all of our citizens.

Clanrickard

Clanrickard

Muslim Brotherhood militants and their immediate families should never have been given Irish citizenship in the first place.
Probably. But he is a citizen and much I dislike Islamofascists he has the same rights as any other Irish citizen.

roc_

Probably. But he is a citizen and much I dislike Islamofascists he has the same rights as any other Irish citizen.
Yes. There are enough governments in this world who would just let their citizens languish under torture, despair, siege, or whatever. Let us stand up for what we stand for.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies