Fianna Fail take €1,200 of dole families but give them back €40 in Fuel allowance!

The disgusting Fianna Fail have just robbed hard pressed unemployed families of €1,200 next year.

This would pay for an average fill for a tank of oil that would keep them warm in the winter months, and yet Fianna Fail take this from them and give them back just €40 extra to heat themselves.

Its disgusting.

I have based these figures on 2 adults loosing the 4% cut in weekly income from the welfare cut,s then loosing €10 per child each month in child benefit cuts and finally the recent 5% hike in ESB charges.

This dosent include the extra cost in fuel duty which will add extra cost to everything from food to clothes.

Its a disgrace.

Meanwhile pensioners continue to enjoy welfare rates at 10% higher than unemployed and get all the extras like TV licence, Travel Pass, Free ESB units, Free ESB standing charge and free telephone standing charge.

Last edited:

Broke

The disgusting Fianna Fail have just robbed hard pressed unemployed families of €1,200 next year.

This would pay for an average fill for a tank of oil that would keep them warm in the winter months, and yet Fianna Fail take this from them and give them back just €40 extra to heat themselves.

Its disgusting.

I have based these figures on 2 adults loosing the 4% cut in weekly income from the welfare cut,s then loosing €20 per child each month in child benefit cuts and finally the recent 5% hike in ESB charges.

This dosent include the extra cost in fuel duty which will add extra cost to everything from food to clothes.

Its a disgrace.

Meanwhile pensioners continue to enjoy welfare rates at 10% higher than unemployed and get all the extras like TV licence, Travel Pass, Free ESB units, Free ESB standing charge and free telephone standing charge.
I think in the world of FF the unemployed poeple caused the country to collapse not the banker's and the FF galway tent.

Berty

Brian Lenihan said that overall, the cuts in the budget were proportional. How can it be proportional to cut children's allowance from low-to no income families and leave the allowance with middle to high earners:mad: How can that be justified.

What they have done to the children's allowance is nothing short of criminal, but then again the state were never child friendly. They are out and out scumbags.

flavirostris

FF's cynicism is breathtaking sometimes, even for people who know their form.

They won't touch pensioners because those people vote heavily. Sooner or later, the elderly are going to get hit as well but FF have kicked this into the lap of the next government.

They basically want another Ernest Blyth to hang around the necks of FG for the next 50 years.

When the elderly do get hit, watch the FF histrionics in opposition. They'll be screaming about how they had protected senior citizens.

It's always politics with FF, the country always comes last.

Freedom front

Fianna Fail , have failed to realized that pensioner's have children who are unemployed or under extreme financial pressure, they know well what FF are doing and will hold them to account

B

boo-boo

Well, how many pensioner's with an income of over 500 euros per week would think well maybe we should make a voluntary surrender of our medical card, travel pass and household benefit's package....in solidarity with those of us of working age!

Freedom front

Why are we destroying our country to bail out private banks & bondholders - It makes no sense

The first three Austerity budgets have not worked & now the FF Government plans to introduce 4 more Austerity budgets, why should 4 more work???? Answer : They wont

You Heard It Here First - Freedom Front - Over & Out

Broke

Fianna Fail , have failed to realized that pensioner's have children who are unemployed or under extreme financial pressure, they know well what FF are doing and will hold them to account
I said this last week FF forget the oap's have children and grandchildren.So looking after the oap,s will not get them of the hook this time.

Just disocvered that the €40 payment to the poor may be paid at the end of Jan 2011!

So in one hand they take back €100 and then realise people are poor and give them €40 to heat themselves but there after take €100 every month there after!

Pathetic

RightCentreLeft

How its affected myself:

JA - Down €800 per year
Rent Allowance - must pay extra €104 per year
Child benefit - down €240 per year

Total = €1144

Aindriu

Well, how many pensioner's with an income of over 500 euros per week would think well maybe we should make a voluntary surrender of our medical card, travel pass and household benefit's package....in solidarity with those of us of working age!
How many pensioners do you know with an income in excess of €300 per week let alone €500?????

Keith-M

Website
www.allkindsofeverything.ie
That's €23 a week or less than I'm losing in the tax/pension contribution changes and I'm out working and paying for those on the dole. My sympathy is limited.

Aindriu

That's €23 a week or less than I'm losing in the tax/pension contribution changes and I'm out working and paying for those on the dole. My sympathy is limited.
Do ye really think they WANT to be on the dole ye moron? My son was on the dole for 6 months this year and I was for 9 months out of 14 months. I can assure ye neither of us wanted to be!! It isn't a fecking lifestyle choice! :mad:

Keith-M

Website
www.allkindsofeverything.ie
Do ye really think they WANT to be on the dole ye moron? My son was on the dole for 6 months this year and I was for 9 months out of 14 months. I can assure ye neither of us wanted to be!! It isn't a fecking lifestyle choice! :mad:
To siome extent it is. There are jobs in other countries, there are business hiring for low level jobs. Instead people decide to hanf around in this country and not to take those jobs. There may be valid reasons for the former, there aren't for the latter. The dole should be a hand up not a hand out. That's why I have far more sympathy for those on minimum wage whoule FAR worse off than those on the dole aftr yesterday. At least those people are out there, working and earning the money they get.

bob3344

Yeah, I've had it with hearing sob stories about the childrens allowance being cut from 160 to 150 or whatever.

However, I don't agree with the childrens allowance being means tested ( don't have kids btw) as it will make it harder for working parents while doing nothing about those who view childrearing as an alternative to working.

Social Conscience

Sure we all partied didn't we - Well actually not everyone partied Brian but your and your party were/are so far removed from 'reality' you honestly believe yer own sh*te at this stage.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies