Fianna Fail, the next hundred years.

Satan

Website
www.fiannafail.ie
In 2026 the Fianna Fail party will be 100 years old and I for one hope to be alive for the centenary. Over the last 81 years Fianna Fail has had its share of ups and downs, but we all have to agree that the party has had more ups. The great Eamon De Velara once said :
"If there is to be any hope of prosperity for this country it is by reversing that policy which made us simply the kitchen garden for supplying the British with cheap food."
If only he was alive to see the progress Ireland has made since he made that prophetic statement.
I myself often wonder where the Fianna Fail party will be in the year 2226 (200 years after its creation). Ideas?.

Ard-Taoiseach

Satan said:
In 2026 the Fianna Fail party will be 100 years old and I for one hope to be alive for the centenary. Over the last 81 years Fianna Fail has had its share of ups and downs, but we all have to agree that the party has had more ups. The great Eamon De Velara once said :
"If there is to be any hope of prosperity for this country it is by reversing that policy which made us simply the kitchen garden for supplying the British with cheap food."
If only he was alive to see the progress Ireland has made since he made that prophetic statement.
I myself often wonder where the Fianna Fail party will be in the year 2226 (200 years after its creation). Ideas?.
Ruling the world, under your instruction, Prince of Darkness.

btw, the Mods will be moving this thread to FF's one pretty quickly.

CookieMonster

By your command.

CookieMonster

Ard-Taoiseach said:
CookieMonster said:
By your command.
CopyMonster! :evil:
I was running on with the joke.

Anyway, I though this thread was going to be about a proposed 100 years of FF rule. I was all set to fill out my Green Card application form.

returning officer

Why only a hundred: Fianna Fail shall rule for a 1,000 years! (especially after the friendly culmination of historical cross-national pressures to unify the native populations of this isle under one nation).

Its amazing no-one thought of this before!

Ard-Taoiseach

CookieMonster said:
Ard-Taoiseach said:
CookieMonster said:
By your command.

Anyway, I though this thread was going to be about a proposed 100 years of FF rule. I was all set to fill out my Green Card application form.
Sorry, CookieMonster. Imagine 100 years of FF rule, it's deeply disturbing, I can imagine them getting steadily greyer and greyer until the Oireachtas report looks like a load of static, with great big fuzzes of grey moving about the place.

FF won't exist in 2026. A party with its roots in FF will and most probably will be still in power in a 32 county Ireland.

In 2226 (300 years after its creation - how many failed LC Maths!!!) it will have no relevance as 50% of the population of Earth will have died as a result of global warming 25% will be living on other planets and 25% will be just trying to survive.

CookieMonster

Ard-Taoiseach said:
CookieMonster said:
[quote="Ard-Taoiseach":2ke51fuy]
CookieMonster said:
By your command.

Sorry, CookieMonster. Imagine 100 years of FF rule, it's deeply disturbing, I can imagine them getting steadily greyer and greyer until the Oireachtas report looks like a load of static, with great big fuzzes of grey moving about the place.[/quote:2ke51fuy]

I'm sure the coalition partners would get older and greyer while the FF TDs would grow more youthful and vibrant.

Ard-Taoiseach

odie1kanobe said:
FF won't exist in 2026. A party with its roots in FF will and most probably will be still in power in a 32 county Ireland.

In 2226 (300 years after its creation - how many failed LC Maths!!!) it will have no relevance as 50% of the population of Earth will have died as a result of global warming 25% will be living on other planets and 25% will be just trying to survive.
If 25% of us are living on other planets, surely that technical wizardry would have simultaneously avoided a global semi-extinction of the human species as a result of climate change?

Ard-Taoiseach

Ard-Taoiseach said:
odie1kanobe said:

If 25% of us are living on other planets, surely that technical wizardry would have simultaneously avoided a global semi-extinction of the human species as a result of climate change?
Yes but the 25% left behind didn't vote FF.

Mr Coyle

Got the new organisational strategy in the post the other day. Looks like FF really want to try change in the hope they can reach that 100 year milestone. I really should write to them and tell them to leave me alone but it is things like this that make it worthwhile not doing that.

loner

Ihope you will be alive at the relevent time and I hope that Ireland will be back on track but I am afraid that at that time FF will be no more than a distant nightmare.

Incitatus

Kudos on finding this, jo9jo. Not only is it called Fianna Fáil, the next hundred years, but it was started by Satan and the OP contains this gem: “I myself often wonder where the Fianna Fáil party will be in the year 2226 (200 years after its creation). Ideas?.”

Fantastic.

jo9jo

why only a hundred: Fianna fail shall rule for a 1,000 years! (especially after the friendly culmination of historical cross-national pressures to unify the native populations of this isle under one nation).

Its amazing no-one thought of this before!
deluded

florin

So now we borrow money from the Germans to import expensive food from Britain instead.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies