• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Fianna Fail - The Republican Party: A Lot Done, More to Do.

Parnella

Fianna Fail - The Republican Party: A Lot Done, More to Do, The preposterous oxymoron used by the FF spin merchants to help ease the incompetent self-promoters back into power

ireland.com - Focus - General Election 2007

Little did the many morons amongst you who voted for them realise how much damage the "lot they had done" caused to our country.

A good article above on the spin around the 2007 GE.

Fianna Fáil planned to repeat the successful trick of the last two campaigns by making everything about Bertie Ahern. Even its constituency posters carry his image with the names of the actual candidates nestling in relative obscurity. But the strategy backfired this week when the media seemed anxious to talk about nothing else except the troubled Taoiseach.

And whoever booked the big posters of an avuncular Bertie beaming down on the grateful youth of Ireland forgot that many of them went up on the new kind of swivelling billboards, where one image dissolves every few seconds into the other. They must not have been too pleased to find the Taoiseach's image alternating from moment to moment into a PlayStation ad consisting of white letters on a black background spelling out the question: "Is This Living?"

Last edited:

coc

Why would you bother posting this? In Current Affairs? FFS.

Defeated Romanticist

Wasn't that the slogan ahem 6 years ago for the 2002 election?

Jackass

A lot Done and More to Do
They Done me the bas####s and I hope there is nothing more for them to Do.
I do not trust M Martin. His explanation of his girlfriends bank account has left me scratching my head.

james toney

Fianna Fail the Republican party?
That's hilarious,as its leader Micheal Martin is now supporting the Orange state part 2,and is engaged in smearing Sinn Fein with lies and silly electioneering stunts.
But it's not going to plan for the sleeveen,as he seems to be doing more damage than good.

ger12

Fianna Fail - The Republican Party: A Lot Done, More to Do, The preposterous oxymoron used by the FF spin merchants to help ease the incompetent self-promoters back into power

ireland.com - Focus - General Election 2007

Little did the many morons amongst you who voted for them realise how much damage the "lot they had done" caused to our country.

A good article above on the spin around the 2007 GE.

Fianna Fáil planned to repeat the successful trick of the last two campaigns by making everything about Bertie Ahern. Even its constituency posters carry his image with the names of the actual candidates nestling in relative obscurity. But the strategy backfired this week when the media seemed anxious to talk about nothing else except the troubled Taoiseach.

And whoever booked the big posters of an avuncular Bertie beaming down on the grateful youth of Ireland forgot that many of them went up on the new kind of swivelling billboards, where one image dissolves every few seconds into the other. They must not have been too pleased to find the Taoiseach's image alternating from moment to moment into a PlayStation ad consisting of white letters on a black background spelling out the question: "Is This Living?"
Just curious, did FF manage to also infiltrate Greece, Spain and the other countries who found themselves as we did?

Rural

Very few left "To Do", they did us all, except for their pals, who did nicely from what I can see!

The Preacher

Just curious, did FF manage to also infiltrate Greece, Spain and the other countries who found themselves as we did?
What's this, the Bertie mantra of "everything was OK when I left, it wasn't our fault, it was Lehman Brothers"? I don't care what happened in Greece or Spain or anywhere else. What happened here was that FF destroyed the country's economy, for the SECOND time, by throwing money at every interest group in the country to buy votes. And they'll do it again and again unless they're rejected again and again by the Irish people.

GDPR

What's this, the Bertie mantra of "everything was OK when I left, it wasn't our fault, it was Lehman Brothers"? I don't care what happened in Greece or Spain or anywhere else. What happened here was that FF destroyed the country's economy, for the SECOND time, by throwing money at every interest group in the country to buy votes. And they'll do it again and again unless they're rejected again and again by the Irish people.
Simplistic bollox, from a genuine source.

Analyzer

The Publican Party.

GDPR

We (FF) have a new slogan for next years election and its my job to try it out.

Tell me what you think, if you can manage to think at all.

"It's a long long way from here to there"

That's the favorite at the moment, but I have more if necessary.

Ren84

FF, the property developers party. Shower of scumbags!

Marcos the black

Actually. . Remember the PIIGS expression? When was the last time you heard that? Why do you think that is?