• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Fianna Fáil will create 250,000 New Jobs if re-elected

Maximus

Fianna Fail will create 250,000 new jobs in Ireland if it is returned to power after this year's election.

The party published its economic proposals today in a document entitled 'Keep Ireland Working'.

The key elements of the Keep Ireland Working Plan are:

- Pro-enterprise tax policies which reward work.

- A substantial programme of up-skilling, working toward the target of increasing the number of workers with a qualification by 50%.

- Investment in Research & Development, to create the industries and jobs of the future.

- A 25% Reduction in the regulatory burden faced by businesses.

- Priority support for Small and Medium Size Enterprises.

- Priority support for opening up new export markets for indigenous industry.

rover

Re: Fianna Fáil will create 250,000 if re-elected

Maximus said:
Fianna Fail will create 250,000 new jobs
are fianna fail saying that they will take on 250,000 staff in their head office if re-elected?

well thats auction politics gone mad......

or is this YET ANOTHER thread with a title based on crackpot spinning????

The Trinity Politick

Maximus said:
Fianna Fail will create 250,000 new jobs in Ireland if it is returned to power after this year's election.

The party published its economic proposals today in a document entitled 'Keep Ireland Working'.

- A substantial programme of up-skilling, working toward the target of increasing the number of workers with a qualification by 50%.

- Investment in Research & Development, to create the industries and jobs of the future.

Ah thats nice of them. Well fair play. If the people want another 1980s vote for FF. Promise the earth moon and stars FF and see where it gets you

QuizMaster

Website
www.quizmatic.com
They have been in power for 18 of the last 20 years.
Suddenly they are going to start doing things better if we just vote for them this one time?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Pack your suitcases soldiers of destiny. Preferably with clothes and toothbrushes and so forth.

The Trinity Politick

QuizMaster said:
Suddenly they are going to start doing things better if we just vote for them this one time?

Pack your suitcases soldiers of destiny. Preferably with clothes and toothbrushes and so forth.[/quote

:lol:

Biffo

The Trinity Politick said:
Maximus said:

Ah thats nice of them. Well fair play. If the people want another 1980s vote for FF. Promise the earth moon and stars FF and see where it gets you
Its actually a very achievable target and a very important one when you consider that considerable jobs will be lost over the period. FF seem to be the only party to remain focused on creating jobs in this economy whereas other parties seem to take the employment figures we currently for granted.

The OD

Maximus said:

Maximus, you're very sure of this - should you not say that they propose that their policies will create an environment in which 250,000 jobs will become available?

If true I shall applaud them of course - I may be anti FF, but not rabidly so? If they do, well fair dues to them. Lets hope however they are sustainable and not simply McJobs?

Dunny

Website
www.donnachamaguire.com
QuizMaster said:

Pack your suitcases soldiers of destiny. Preferably with clothes and toothbrushes and so forth.
This document is primarily about creating new jobs and sustaining current employment levels.

FF over the past 10 years have created jobs and sustained job levels. Why cant you see this?

Maximus

QuizMaster said:

In the last 10 years Fianna Fáil in Government created 600,000 new jobs, that’s an average of 60,000 per year!

The 250,000 figure is very achievable with prudent, responsible and well planned management of our economy.

Libero

And there was me not realising that when I take on an extra person to work for me, it's actually Fianna Fail who create the job.

Hooray for Fianna Fail!

I presume that if I go to the toilet and take a dump, FF create it as well.

(More seriously, if FF claim to 'create' every new job that comes into existence, will we see them claim to create every new redundancy also?)

C.Reggan

Maximus said:
Isn't it great how parties already in power say they need to be re-elected BEFORE they start doing x, y or z ?

Dunny

Website
www.donnachamaguire.com
C.Reggan said:
Maximus said:
Isn't it great how parties already in power say they need to be re-elected BEFORE they start doing x, y or z ?
Once again you fail to understand....We helped to create 600,000 in the past 10 years. We have a record of achieving on this issue

The Trinity Politick

Libero said:
And there was me not realising that when I take on an extra person to work for me, it's actually Fianna Fail who create the job.

Hooray for Fianna Fail!

(More seriously, if FF claim to 'create' every new job that comes into existence, will we see them claim to create every new redundancy also?)
Of course. Every positive is because of the government. Every negative is about some muddled assortment of associations and bodies ie. HSE, NRA, RPA. Hilarious.

FG said they want to make the minister for health responsibility for....well...Health. Simple really. Rather than the Fianna Fail pass the parcel hot potato method.

It should be fun when 250,000 jobs are created and construction job losses balance it out. Love to hear how they would explain that. If theres a God out there they wont be given that chance.

The OD

Libero said:

Hooray for Fianna Fail!

Now, now Libero! Stop thinking for yourself! Cant you see that they only want to help us by being reelected!

Now stop thinking and start believing! Arise and follow Bertie! (He may have a large suitcase of cash with him......)

Akrasia

Maximus said:
More nonsense from the masters of empty promises.
Look at the words "250,000 new jobs. This is meaningless. Jobs are created and destroyed every day. Unless they mean "250,000 extra jobs? which would ean an increase in the employed labour force of about 12% which again, is not going to happen. Ireland is heading into a deep recession and there is nothing we can do about it.

In other words, shifting the tax regime further away from income taxes and corporation tax, to regressive forms of taxation and increasing service costs. The result of this will be continued increases in Inequality in the most unequal country in Europe as the wealthy control more and more of the economic resources available.
Great, we'll have more unemployed university graduates with huge college debts tied around their necks
They should have been doing that for the last 10 years
So they're saying that business is 25% over regulated? At a time when our environmental record is appalling and when workers exploitation is a serious problem (especially exploitation of immigrant and low skilled labourers)
yeah right. Meanwhile they're tailoring the planning laws to allow huge out of town super stores like Ikea to come in and destroy smaller retailers and town centers.
What indigenous industry?
Construction? This sector is going to collapse in the coming months and years leaving at least 100,000 Irish tradespeople unemployed with no redundancy package (and many of them with huge mortgages to cover)

And our export industry (which is in no small part made up of 'transfer pricing' internally within corporations to minimise tax costs) is going to be in serious decline as the dollar continues to weaken

untouchable

Website
www.soldiersofdestiny.org
Maximus said:

More and more waffle, from the Greatest Waffler of them all.
as the Danes say "The last fool hasnt been born yet"
Still a few floating votes out there, no doubt :roll:

thegeneral

It'll be interesting to compare our predictions, forecasts and costings with those of the alleged alternative government and the other parties. It'll be particularly interesting to see their estimates for economic growth and employment creation over the next 5 years. I await these with interest. I'm sure Dickie Bruton at least knows how to draw and read a few charts.

The Trinity Politick

thegeneral said:
It'll be interesting to compare our predictions, forecasts and costings with those of the alleged alternative government and the other parties. It'll be particularly interesting to see their estimates for economic growth and employment creation over the next 5 years. I await these with interest. I'm sure Dickie Bruton at least knows how to draw and read a few charts.
Sure when Bertie was Minister for Finance, he couldn't even open a bank account. Wow....i feel so comfortable.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

thegeneral

The Trinity Politick said:
thegeneral said:
Sure when Bertie was Minister for Finance, he couldn't even open a bank account. Wow....i feel so comfortable.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
This is a thread for discussing economic policy no?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies